Event: J-Town Fall 40's "Let It Snow - 1+1+1" Tny, Joliet
Added by FJR1 , 23 Jun 2012
Taking place 01 Dec 2012 (Single Day Event)
Dec. 1, 2012 - "Let It Snow - 1+1+1" Big 3 Tournament
With the completion of the November 24th Turkey Trot, we are less than a week away from the December 1 “Let it Snow” 1+1+1” Carp Tournament at Joliet. The forecast is calling for temps in the 50’s at Joliet on Saturday, so I doubt there will be any snow.
As I was collecting November 24 left-over peg flags following Mass this morning, I thought I should provide a summary of the December 1 event and renew the sign-up thread.
1. The December 1 "Let it Snow - 1+1+1" Tournament at Joliet, Illinois is a Big 3 event that will feature 3 different pegs per angler. The winner will be determined by the total weight of your largest fish captured at each of your three separate pegs. In other words, your largest fish at each peg will determine your final weight.
2. At 6:20 a.m. on the day of the tournament, I will seek consensus from participating anglers about which pegs to open. Please note that the number of pegs available will be determined by the number of anglers participating, so that you will always move to a previously occupied peg. . More than likely, you will not be stuck in a middle peg for any of your rounds. For example, if there are ten anglers, I would suggest opening pegs 1, 8, 9, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 22, 23.
If you chose peg 1, your three pegs at which you would fish would be 1, 8, 9. By, rule, past J-Town events have allowed isolated anglers to weigh their own fish on the honor system. For this event and because an angler needs to record only one fish for each of his three pegs, I ask that isolated anglers either haul their fish to a witness or sack the fish and record it at peg shift.
3. The 6:30 a.m. order of peg choice will be determined by blind draw. We will fish from 7:00 a.m. until 10 a.m. and then each angler will move up one numbered peg. The second round will be from 10:30 a.m. until 1:00 p.m., and then each angler will move up yet another numbered peg. The third round will be from 1:30 until 4:30 p.m. We will reconvene at pegs 6-7 after that to determine winners and award prizes.
4. Because we are in the midst of Christmas shopping season and because the winner will, more than likely, also have the big fish of the day, there will be no optional big fish pot on December 1. $20 gets you into the event. Prizes will be a 50%-30%-20% split of entries for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, plus a few tackle or bait prizes for 4th through 6th. I believe Jess Hackney will also provide a prize for smallest fish.
5. To increase baiting and casting options, an angler may use up to three rods.
Sign up on the Illinois Carp Fishing NEWS thread, pm me, or e-mail me if you will be participating—the sooner the better. Thanks for your consideration!--Frank