• Announcements

Ontario

Welcome to CAG Ontario

My name is Lorne, my username is hammercarp and I am the provincial chairman.
We have some of the best carp fishing in the world here and an almost unlimited amount of water to fish. A lot of that water is virtually untouched . Our members here are a great bunch that are always willing to help out a fellow carp angler with tips on techniques and great places to fish. We like to have little get togethers we call fish-ins where we can share some bank space as well as tips on how to catch more carp. We have members from the Niagara district all the way to Long Sault on the St. Lawrence. There is a great diversity in the ways we fish for carp here. Anglers here use 12 foot Euro carp rods, feeder rods, float rods, 20 ft. Whips and 15m long elasticated poles, 7 ft spinning rods and baitcasters. You will find people here with the most sophisticated and latest tackle from Europe to guys using a hook with canned corn on it. This diverse community all share one thing. We love to catch carp.

As I mentioned above we have fish-ins and we also have tournaments for carp. Some of these are CAG sponsored and some we have in concert with other angling clubs. Some of the high lights are the Carp Anglers Group Invitational, the CanAm Carp Cup and the Hamilton Waterfront Trust Derby. We also have have in concert with the Match Anglers Club of Ontario and the Canadian Carp Club a series of tournaments which result in a Canadian Grand Prix Champion.

If you need any help or have any questions about joining CAG you can PM me here or email me at hammercarp@gmail.com.

Hi my name is Nick alias Willow here on the CAG forum,
I am local chair for the GTA Kawarthas & Eastern Ontario. So let me introduce myself as a Carp Angler to those that have yet to hear my story, I fished in England & France for many years for Carp having tried all forms of fishing in the UK, I found this was the style of fishing for me. I moved to Ontario 2007 & had already been in contact with Lorne & others here on CAG before I arrived here permanently. When I finally did meet them in person at a fish in April 2008 I found their warmth & infectious enthusiasm for Carp fishing a pleasure to be around.
I fished several times on Lake Ontario & Peterborough as a tourist prior to living here. I fish UK style with 12ft rods big pit reels, use boilies, tigers & pva bags when the fish will have it. I love hitting the Kawarthas as much as I can once the water warms there, so May time that’s where you will likely find me.
So if you see me on the bank come say hello I love the chance to have a chat with as many people as I can and talk all things CAG & all Carpy topics.

Nick

Subforums

1. Ontario Meet, Greet & Questions

Introduce yourself!
    Find Fishing buddy's
    Ask questions to the local carpers

Fun CAG events in Ontario

827 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies