Full Moon

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_K-1_*

Guest_K-1_*
  • Visitor

Posted 18 September 2005 - 08:48 PM

I wasn't sure where to put this so I will ask it here. What are your experiences with fishing on a full moon ??? Good, bad, and ugly welcome :D -Wayne-

#2 Guest_Cactus Carp_*

Guest_Cactus Carp_*
  • Visitor

Posted 19 September 2005 - 12:53 AM

Full moon is a balance for fishing if this makes sense. Caught me largest AZ fish during a full moon. Fully aware of the moon phases and such but never stopped me from fishing . Time is short when one can't pick and choose when one can fish.
I set up and about a 1 hour after sunset hooked up with a good fish and thought man its hot fishing tonight not...two more fish for the entire night [ sunset to sunrise ] just go and fish and enjoy it. Won't catch dookie sitting at home thinking about... :D

Go when you can what else can you do ?? Best of "luck" ..I know this must be no help at all :D

#3 MoCarp

MoCarp

A Whole New Level Of Angling

• Forum Guest
  • 3,347 posts
  • Interests:I love fishing --Biology--Physics--Botany
    a Scifi fan--a Minnesota Vikings fan
    well traveled, fished for everything caught everything

Posted 19 September 2005 - 08:51 AM

I like a full moon for fishing--and from the end of may till about now I night fish exclusivly

fish do seem to feed more then--and its easyer to see what your doing

the BIG question is when moon rise and moon set are--the carp seem to bite intensley during the last hour of moon rise and moon set

the lest intence time are whw the moon stays up during the day at sets at morning

what that means--you bank 20 instead of 30 and fish 2 rods instead of 1

go fishing as much as you can whenever you can --but plan trips on moon phase to maximise oppertunuty
yup I am on a rampage

#4 Carpaholic

Carpaholic

Having a Blast

• CAG Member
  • 6,641 posts
  • Interests:Carp Fishing, Fitness

Posted 19 September 2005 - 11:44 AM

During the Full and New Moons, moon rise and moon set tend to correspond with 6 AM and 6 PM. I've always liked morning and evening as the low light levels are a trigger IMO. Layering the theoretical Solunar Minors of moon rise and moon set in addition to sunrise and sunset seems like a good time to go fishing.

Regards,
Brian Nordberg

Quote, author unknown - "Good things come to those who bait."

#5 Guest_Skywatch_*

Guest_Skywatch_*
  • Visitor

Posted 21 September 2005 - 08:35 PM

Just went out this past full moon-morning and evening ...finally started to catch em again. Baed on past and present experience, full and new moons have some effect on feeding.

#6 IndianaCarper

IndianaCarper

Uber Poster

• Forum Guest
  • 488 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 09:59 PM

For many years I have thought the phases of the moon had no effect on fishing, and have said so here on the forum. But you know, I am beginning to change my mind. If I track my best fishing days, the full moon and new moon really do seem to be the best times to go.
Stan Geidel, Muncie IN
Winner, 2006 Hoosier Carpers Pay Lake Fish-In

Personal bests:
Common, 30-3 -- Grass, 18-1 -- Buffalo, 16-12 -- Mirror, 10-14
Blue cat: 32-5

#7 T-angles

T-angles

Obsessed Carper

• CAG Member
  • 549 posts
  • Interests:Just fishing & camping
  • Who Referred you?:Jack Rowe - 1995

Posted 22 September 2005 - 12:57 AM

Anyone who thinks the moon has no influence on life on this planet is kidding themselves.

I first became aware how moon phases influence fish 30 years ago. I still use moon phases to catch fish to the point where they can indicate whether I go fishing morning, noon or afterrnoon, providing certain other conditions are favorable. I find moon phases alone will not help your catch rate, weather and time of year are an equally important part of the equation, but getting the moon phase right is a great confidence booster.
Don't catch 'em all, Terry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users