#1 pmk00001

pmk00001

I can name my own title

• CAG Member
  • 6,739 posts
  • Interests:Fish enthusiast
  • Who Referred you?:Nigel Griffin

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:01 PM

Along the lines of the Koi thread I started a few weeks back I'd like to get a Buffalo pictures thread going....I really like Buff's and I know CAG members have caught some great ones...lets see 'em!

Here's my PB, from Town Lake, just under 50lbs, caught on a Rosehip Isotonic snowman, fought like a paper bag, I told my buddy to put the net down because I thought it was a catfish :D

Posted Image

#2 MoCarp

MoCarp

A Whole New Level Of Angling

• Forum Guest
  • 3,347 posts
  • Interests:I love fishing --Biology--Physics--Botany
    a Scifi fan--a Minnesota Vikings fan
    well traveled, fished for everything caught everything

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:40 PM

heres a few

Attached Files

yup I am on a rampage

#3 Keith

Keith

45+ years of carp catching

• CAG Member
  • 8,719 posts
  • Interests:Carp Fishing, Snowboarding, World Rally Championship, Formula One Racing, in fact any sort of racing that does not happen on an oval (I mean what is the freaking point of going round and round an oval)
  • Who Referred you?:NA

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:58 PM

Attached File  53lb_buffalo_pre_ATC_025.jpg   195.21KB   112 downloads53lb Buffalo - Pre-ATC 2005

K1 Baits Field Tester

keith_sig.jpg

#4 Keith

Keith

• CAG Member
  • 8,719 posts
  • Interests:Carp Fishing, Snowboarding, World Rally Championship, Formula One Racing, in fact any sort of racing that does not happen on an oval (I mean what is the freaking point of going round and round an oval)

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:59 PM

Attached File  48lb__post_2005_ATC.jpg   196.24KB   90 downloads
48lb+ Buffalo Post-ATC 2005

K1 Baits Field Tester

keith_sig.jpg

#5 Keith

Keith

• CAG Member
  • 8,719 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 07:00 PM

Attached File  57lb_12oz_buffalo_post_2005_ATC.jpg   86.26KB   106 downloads
57lb 12oz Buffalo Post-ATC 2005

K1 Baits Field Tester

keith_sig.jpg

#6 Keith

Keith

• CAG Member
  • 8,719 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 07:02 PM

Wendy's 56lb 12oz Buffalo Pre-ATC 2004

K1 Baits Field Tester

keith_sig.jpg

#7 macfish

macfish

My quest? Hard fighting fish

• Forum Guest
  • 3,172 posts
  • Interests:fishing, nature, the outdoors, and music. I am a Christian committed to Jesus Christ and very interested in raising our family in a positive, life-embracing environment. I am also intersted in philosophy, theology, and history - especially Ancient history.

Posted 09 December 2005 - 07:37 PM

macfish here. Here's the first buffalo I ever caught which is a bigmouth buffalo. It fought very little. A smaller (about 2 lb.) darker one (smallmouth buffalo) fought a lot harder.

Attached File  Bigmouth_Buffalo_small.jpg   35.49KB   61 downloads

Jonathan
Izaak Walton - Author of "The Complete Angler" in 1653 writes: "The carp is the Queen of Rivers: a stately, a good and a very subtle fish that was not first bred, nor hath been long in England."
Izaak also called the carp the river fox - because "is it a very subtle fish and hard to be caught."

#8 Big Carphuna

Big Carphuna

Back to fishing...

• Banned
  • 22,465 posts
  • Interests:Seriously? Carp angling....

Posted 09 December 2005 - 07:42 PM

Woo. Yay.

Attached Files

#9 louis

louis

Representing.

• Forum Guest
  • 7,128 posts
  • Interests:fishing, design, horticulture, fitness, technology, culture, food, snowboarding, and making fun of you.

Posted 09 December 2005 - 07:42 PM

awsome buff whats the max size on buff in Town?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'd say 60ish so far....

Posted Image

Posted Image

this fish don caught during the atc last year looped my 60lb reuben heaton around to .5 lbs, so we said it was 60.5. anyone out there know if that accurate, or did i just beat on my scale??

here is the only one i've ever had, a 34 from town almost 1 year ago:

Posted Image

it fought like a log. i was pretty sure it would be a buff before i got it in, because it was heavy and slow.

donnies 60+ on the other hand... we thought it was going to be a record carp for sure. it ran all over the place, and rolled when it was about 60 yards out, it was awesome! the coolest fish i've ever seen!
"The hardest part is showing up."
Posted Image

#10 macfish

macfish

My quest? Hard fighting fish

• Forum Guest
  • 3,172 posts
  • Interests:fishing, nature, the outdoors, and music. I am a Christian committed to Jesus Christ and very interested in raising our family in a positive, life-embracing environment. I am also intersted in philosophy, theology, and history - especially Ancient history.

Posted 09 December 2005 - 07:44 PM

macfish again. Here's another smallmouth buffalo but it took me awhile of looking at pictures of buffalo before I figured out that's what it was. This one fought very well though it's a small fish. Strange thing: when I got it in it looked like it was bleeding, I guess from the scales. I've sometimes seen that on pictures of buffs here as well. Does that sound familiar to anyone or is it just me?

Attached File  Smallmouth_buff_small_1.jpg   31.79KB   44 downloads

Jonathan
Izaak Walton - Author of "The Complete Angler" in 1653 writes: "The carp is the Queen of Rivers: a stately, a good and a very subtle fish that was not first bred, nor hath been long in England."
Izaak also called the carp the river fox - because "is it a very subtle fish and hard to be caught."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users