Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Carpaholic

Had a Triple Crown?

Guest dirtydean

what about common carp, mirror carp, bullhead catfish, channel catfish will that work?

All caught on boillies

Edited by dirtydean

Same Trip- I caught Smallmouth Buffalo, Common Carp, Grass Carp, Channel Catfish, Blue Catfish, and a Largemouth Bass all while using Carp Techniques for Carp. At one point, I had a Buffalo, Common Carp, and a Grasser on the same rod, consecutive casts, same 6 kernals of maize. On that trip, I had new PB's in 4 different species- 45# Smallmouth Buffalo, 31# Grass Carp, 7# Largemouth Bass, and a 3# Blue Catfish. Multi Species at it's finest!

Chad

I just recently had a grand slam of a Koi, a common mirror butterfly, a ghost carp and a couple commons in a 3 hour period

Guest libby

While fishing the long pole with #16 hooks and maggots on the Illinois River , I caught a common, a golden redhorse, a river quillback, and a smallmouth buffalo. Was that a lot of fun or what. I like fishing where you never know what you will catch.

I have only had two triple species catches that both came on the same bait and included carp. They were

Rainbow Trout/Common Carp/Grass Carp with powerbait at a NW Indiana trout pond

Common/Bluegill/Huge Snapping Turtle caught while channel cat fishing in a Chicago Parks Department lagoon.

Guest carpnewb

ive had a couple carp/catfish/sunfish and goldfish/carp/sunfish

How about constant action for various sunfish species, white perch, crappie, and dink bass (none of which I consider desireable), broken up by smallish commons, mid-size channels, and the occasional SNAKEHEAD. They've invaded FDR Park in Philly -- one big flood & they'll be out in the Delaware R. basin, just like the Potomac!

Hi all -

In the pursuit of carp, we often come across various other species. Some find it challanging to target multiple species. If you've ever hit a "triple crown" let's hear about it.

It could be Carp/Buff/Sucker

or Carp/Buff/Drum

or Carp/Drum/Bowfin

the combinations are many.

It would be great to see pictures as well.

I've done carp/buff/bream/catfish/bass before

Carp, Channel Cat, Smallmouth Bass...all on tiger nuts! LOL

Common, grasser, channel cat, sm buff, and bluegill all in one session on sweetcorn.

Fishing the Chattaahoochee river on Sunday I caught 2 Carp, about 20 Suckers one Trout and a Yellow Perch, The Carp took Boilies and everything else worms.

Interesting combinations of fish caught on the same bait or lure. My claim to fame is a Great Smoky Mountain National Park Grand Slam- 5 rainbows, 4 browns, and 2 brookies. These were caught on my first trip to the park several years ago on one pattern of fly, similar to an Adams. Have to go back and try again.

How about a carp, buffalo and grass carp (white amur)? Including new PBs for both the buff and grasser!

If anyone wants a true multispecies outing and has a chance to travel to Europe I seriously recommend the Danube river. There are days you will lose track of the fish species you catch especially using ultralite floats and drifting maggots (spikes) in eddies...

Bream, Barb, Carp, Grass Carp, Shiners, Gobies, Asp, Zander, Wels Cats (usually baby sized ones), Perch, Chubs, Redhorse Sucker looking fish called Skobar, Gudgeon, Ruffes, There are literally sessions where you catch strings of no repeat species.

I was on holiday in FLA and there was a "mucky puddle" next to the condo. Fishing bread I caught Koi to 5 lb , grass carp to 12lb and a 6lb largemouth.

Here in GA ...carp ,snapping turlle, soft shell turtle and channel cats

For me personally, while I do fish for carp as the main quarry, I got there because it seemed that whatever I did here in GA I was limited to one species, be they rainbow trout, sucker, bass, carp or catfish. So faced with that, I set my stall for carp!

I really loved the fishing where you didn't know what would take the bait next. For me the river Nenagh in Ireland, where I have caught lake trout, perch, eel,large European bream and minnows in successive casts with fish size ranging from 1 inch long to 9lb!

Tony

A LONG time ago (1967) :Old: , my folks picked me up for spring break and we went to FL to bass fish. Dad and I met a guy who operated an orange grove, and he invited us to fish his pond -- probably about 10 acres. I had one remaining decent sized shiner, so while I cast lures with one rod, I put the shiner out with a bobber, off a long point.

The bobber went under, and I landed a bass of about 3 pounds. The minnow was still alive, so I recast to the same spot, but fishing a little deeper. The bobber went down again, and I hooked a Jack (chain pickerel) of several pounds. Naturally, with all those teeth, the minnow was dead, but still in one piece. I removed the bobber and cast to the same spot again, and caught a channel cat of about 5 pounds. Three fish of different species, all from the same spot, and all off a single minnow.

The morning of our last day there, we returned to the pond for a few hours. I had a few crappie minnows, so I thought I'd try them. Immediately I started catching some big slabs. Since we would be checking out of our cottage, we had no way to cook them, so I held them in a bag and offered them to the guy who so generously allowed us -- a couple of strangers -- to fish his pond. I ended up giving him 8 or 10 crappie up to 2 pounds apiece. The guy told us to wait a few minutes before we left, and he returned with a 1/2 bushel box of fresh oranges for me to take back to college. Essentially, he "paid" us in oranges for giving him his own fish -- THAT was truly "Southern Hospitality". :yes:

I had a Triple Crown or Grand Slam in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. I caught five rainbows, four browns, and two brook trout in one day. Need to go back and try again.

Three fish on one minnow? Man, I thought I was cheap.