• Announcements

Neil Stern

ccc

37 posts in this topic

Andy,

I would/will take three M - MH UglyStiks (length of choice but at least 6 ft.); three well oiled Zebco 33's. Lawn chair; umbrella (the big ones, forget what they are officially called in carp parlayance). An extra $20.00 to purchase everything else at the CCC.

Net (if it is the "suitable" kind) and unhooking mat are optional but PLENTY will be on hand should you need one.

If you have a super secret bait better bring it also (don't want anyone stealing your secrets do you?) but, for me, I use bait purchased on site; grocery aquired bait and bait filched from others (everyone wants you to catch a biggun on their bait).

Ohh, and I wouldn't forget a pretty good slide rule.

Phone

I would surely like to go as well....70% chance.

I have never been and have no clue as to what to expect or what gear to bring. If anyone is willing to share some tips I would be thankful..pm's always welcome

Andy

The best photos of the swim I could find on the forum are here http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/forum/inde...c=15651&hl=

It's about 8 or 10 feet to the water and the sidewalk has a wall behind it on some pegs and some have a chain link fence behind the sidewalk, A few have grass behind the sidewalk, You can't extend your pod all the way out to the full length to hold your rods because people have to get by your setup to get to their pegs, And unless you are Lucky and draw a peg close to the parking take just what you can carry in one trip because you may have a long walk if you don't get lucky on the draw.

Mickey and Jim

PS, If you forget your slide rule I am sure Phone will let you use his, Or at least work it for you.

Edited by mickey

It was Giordano's pizza last year.

Jim, more like 4-5 feet down to the water, certainly not 8-10'.

It was Giordano's pizza last year.

Jim, more like 4-5 feet down to the water, certainly not 8-10'.

OK, Paul I stand corrected, I was there just one time and didn't land any fish so never had to use my net.

Mickey and Jim :D

Phonebush and Mickey.

Ya'll are about my age so I dont mean this in a bad way but why in the world is it so important any more to make a big event?????? Heck, in 5 or 6 years we won't even be able to remember it. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Tom.

I don't remember why, I just want to go.

Mickey and Jim

I'll be there as well so you can all fight over 2nd place. jb

I honestly wish I could make it.

Some of you might relish the opportunity to toss me into the river:D

Seriously...if it was not every year set up on the oppening weekend of Michigan's archery deer season, I'd do it..but one must have priorities!

Good luck all who go!

Not that many of you know me, but I will finally be attending the CCC after three years of wanting to attend.

good deal. I'm looking forward to the trip. Anybody from Indiana coming to CCC? I heard you guys really know your stuff...

I have just signed up and booked my room at the Purple Hotel.

Is there any transportation from the Purple Hotel???? It seems like that would be a good idea to save everyone from spending $20 to park in Chicago.

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Jeff

My truck is not up for the trip, any one going up for the day who want some one to help with expenses

From western IL. quad citys, I would be your man.

Mickey and Jim :D