• Announcements

mickey

Heard some thing

53 posts in this topic

A couple of locals commenting on the CCC

Posted: 07:25pm - Sep 30,06 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://64.135.207.58/forums/viewtopic.php?p=256233#256233

Posted: 03:31pm - Sep 30,06 Post subject: Chicago Carp Association Tourn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://64.135.207.58/forums/viewtopic.php?p=256208#256208

Mickey and Jim :D

Edited by mickey

A couple of locals commenting on the CCC

Posted: 07:25pm - Sep 30,06 Post subject:

http://64.135.207.58/forums/viewtopic.php?p=256233#256233

Posted: 03:31pm - Sep 30,06 Post subject: Chicago Carp Association Tourn

http://64.135.207.58/forums/viewtopic.php?p=256208#256208

Mickey and Jim :D

First one doesn't work......

second one....well if I was there at a big tourney,I'd "ask" him if he didn't mind to move...cause time and money would be invovled.

mudcat

Try this one.....

http://64.135.207.58/forums/viewtopic.php?p=256224#256224

Same individual. Probably a troll as he posted twice with two versions of the same moan and groan?

Wouldn't mind betting there are two sides to this story. :D

Iain.

Edited by redcoat

Mudcat, I can't blame the locals for being pizzed, After all It is their home water. The event should have been posted at the site it was to be held or at least in the sporting section of the news paper. I think this is what Mark was getting at in his post about supporting CAG. If the $$$ was made available there would have been posters set up for the swims or a write up in the paper informing the public about this event and at the same time getting some PR for the club. This event is a little bigger than a mere Fish-in and therefore should have been given the publicity it deserved. I could'nt attend this event so I don't know what kind of information was released to the public or if there was a notice posted to inform the locals about this event. I do know that it is not the goal of CAG. to loose the support of other fisherman who were put off by this event because they were not informed of it's activity. Just my two cents :D Herkel

Herk,

Not fully sure about this year, but in years past it was on radio, and in newspaper.

It was in the newspapers. we even have a thread on it. . unfortunately we have a disgruntled local angler. he was able to move to a different spot. I think we have all had similiar instances when we couldnt fish in a "regular spot" due to some unforeseen event. that type of thing happens in big cities all the time. i know it happens here in washington regularly.

It was in the newspapers. we even have a thread on it. . unfortunately we have a disgruntled local angler. he was able to move to a different spot. I think we have all had similiar instances when we couldnt fish in a "regular spot" due to some unforeseen event. that type of thing happens in big cities all the time. i know it happens here in washington regularly.

Yep - try the ATC this year.

Try this one.....

http://64.135.207.58/forums/viewtopic.php?p=256224#256224

Same individual. Probably a troll as he posted twice with two versions of the same moan and groan?

Wouldn't mind betting there are two sides to this story. :D

Iain.

They removed the post about what one local woulds do if it happened to him.

That he would have shaken that guy from Cali like The Big One and pushed him in the harbor, To bob around>.> and that's all I remember of what he posted.

Mickey and Jim

From what I can tell, the guy who was salmon fishing was in that location BEFORE anyone from the CCC arrived, and was already fishing. Now..if he had come after, and still complained, then he's got no leg to stand on. But bottom line is he had nothing to do with the CCC, and he was in that location first, fishing a different species.

There was no excuse for telling him he had to leave..none at all. This was public access, and any and all have the right to it..particularly when they are not even fishing the same species, or in the event.

I've more then once been on the other side of this type of thing, when "guides" here in Michigan told me I had to leave a public location because the were putting a client there(different details, same premis as what we are talking about here). I did NOT move, and indeed, in once case, cost the guide his job when he became beligerant and threatening(cell phones are wonderfull tools).

That one of us gave him grief for being in "his" spot is ridiculous and another black eye on carp anglers.

Am I the only one that sees this?

Edited by Nightwing

From what I can tell, the guy who was salmon fishing was in that location BEFORE anyone from the CCC arrived, and was already fishing. Now..if he had come after, and still complained, then he's got no leg to stand on. But bottom line is he had nothing to do with the CCC, and he was in that location first, fishing a different species.

There was no excuse for telling him he had to leave..none at all. This was public access, and any and all have the right to it..particularly when they are not even fishing the same species, or in the event.

I've more then once been on the other side of this type of thing, when "guides" here in Michigan told me I had to leave a public location because the were putting a client there(different details, same premis as what we are talking about here). I did NOT move, and indeed, in once case, cost the guide his job when he became beligerant and threatening(cell phones are wonderfull tools).

That one of us gave him grief for being in "his" spot is ridiculous and another black eye on carp anglers.

Am I the only one that sees this?

No, For once Paul I completely agree with you!! :D

Although I am sure there are two sides to this story!!

Karl :D

It could happen anywhere, and it has happened at the ATC. Someone was fishing in our designated peg before we arrived...OH WELL. We lived with it, and waited...

It could happen anywhere, and it has happened at the ATC. Someone was fishing in our designated peg before we arrived...OH WELL. We lived with it, and waited...

That is what should happen, I would like to think it did in this case too :D

Especially as said 'crook' was reported to be from California........ :D

We get enough bad press on this coast without this!!! :D:D:D

I only know of one guy that travelled to the CCC from California, and I know he wouldn't do that chit!!

Yep - try the ATC this year.

Ditto - what Keith said...! :D

-Mike/CT

Not sure It would happen where Im at near Detroit, unless you had the bigger gun.

I cant blame the guy for being mad, Im sure ill be alittle pissed having to leave or move from where I was fishing.

I only know of one guy that travelled to the CCC from California, and I know he wouldn't do that chit!!

Boro most surely would!!

Just got back from Chicago and must say that this event was run and organized extremely well. I was impressed actually.

There were loads of Salmon fisherman all throughout the day. I had talked to at least 11 of them.

For the most part it was a lot of positive remarks or as one of them put it.....I guess I picked the wrong weekend to fish here.

If one guy gets pissed and makes a stink about it .........well that situation was a tough one and he had the right to fish there so perhaps that situation was not handled with the best sportsmanship. That was one situation....on the other hand there were a lot of guys VERY interested in what we were doing and our set-ups.

Andy

Just got back from Chicago and must say that this event was run and organized extremely well. I was impressed actually.

There were loads of Salmon fisherman all throughout the day. I had talked to at least 11 of them.

For the most part it was a lot of positive remarks or as one of them put it.....I guess I picked the wrong weekend to fish here.

If one guy gets pissed and makes a stink about it .........well that situation was a tough one and he had the right to fish there so perhaps that situation was not handled with the best sportsmanship. That was one situation....on the other hand there were a lot of guys VERY interested in what we were doing and our set-ups.

Andy

Couldn't agree more. It was very well organized. I think that for the most part the local fishermen were interested in what we were doing.

Having been assigned the peg right in front of the "terminal"/tournament headquarters, I had lots of local anglers stop by throughout the day to chat and/or fish at my spot. They were most respectful of where my lines were laid and I certainly welcomed them to cast for their salmon/bass/etc. from around my peg. A little mutual respect goes a long way.--Frank

p.s. Kudos to tournament organizers; thanks to the veteran carp anglers for all their free and gracious advice to this rookie; and congrats to the winners. I didn't have a "bite" all day, but it was still a great event.

Having been assigned the peg right in front of the "terminal"/tournament headquarters, I had lots of local anglers stop by throughout the day to chat and/or fish at my spot. They were most respectful of where my lines were laid and I certainly welcomed them to cast for their salmon/bass/etc. from around my peg. A little mutual respect goes a long way.--Frank

p.s. Kudos to tournament organizers; thanks to the veteran carp anglers for all their free and gracious advice to this rookie; and congrats to the winners. I didn't have a "bite" all day, but it was still a great event.

Frank great to see that you fished the event I know in the beginning your were "worried" see nothing to worry about :D:D just fun fishing. Hopefully next year ill make it there. just wasnt in the cards this year.

No, For once Paul I completely agree with you!! :D

Although I am sure there are two sides to this story!!

You auditioning for SNL now Karl?

I bet there must have been literally dozens of times during your match fishing days when you and your buds kicked-back for a few hours waiting for a few pleasure anglers to vacate your pegs! :D

Iain.

You auditioning for SNL now Karl?

I bet there must have been literally dozens of times during your match fishing days when you and your buds kicked-back for a few hours waiting for a few pleasure anglers to vacate your pegs! :D

Iain.

Nah...........Never mate!! :D:D Ususally fished organised venues were the advertising was spot on (And pleaseure anglers were not allowed!!!) :D:D:D

In all of my years organising matches, I only remember ONE occassion when there was a pleasure angler in one of the pre-marked pegs............River Hull, circa 1982 'ish. Pike Angler!!! :D

He was asked by myself and two of the other guys helping the organisation if he would mind moving as he was plumb in the middle of 100 plus anglers..........He refused, so the guys that had drawn the pegs that he was fishing........(Notice I said pegs, he had his gear sprawled out over about 60 yards of bank!!!)......Just set up right next to his gear.......!!

He complained like a ######............but as it was a free stretch of the river there was bugger all either of us could do about it............He packed up, bitching and moaning all the time, the guys that were pegged there told him, they didn't have a problem with him fishing there too!!! :D:DB)

The event was posted all over Beverley, and Hull, in all the tackle shops, there were signs on every single lamp post and telegraph pole down the whole length in the weeks leading upto this event, but he still decided to fish there............I always thought pike anglers were weird!!!

BTW Iain..................I auditioned, for SNL, but couldn't take the drop in wages :D:D

In all of my years organising matches, I only remember ONE occassion when there was a pleasure angler in one of the pre-marked pegs............River Hull, circa 1982 'ish. Pike Angler!!! :D

He was asked by myself and two of the other guys helping the organisation if he would mind moving as he was plumb in the middle of 100 plus anglers..........He refused, so the guys that had drawn the pegs that he was fishing........(Notice I said pegs, he had his gear sprawled out over about 60 yards of bank!!!)......Just set up right next to his gear.......!!

He complained like a ######............but as it was a free stretch of the river there was bugger all either of us could do about it............He packed up, bitching and moaning all the time, the guys that were pegged there told him, they didn't have a problem with him fishing there too!!! :D:D:D

Hey, that was probably me......or one of my relatives! :D

No, actually. Even as a sallow youth of 22 I'd have had the suss to stay put and paternostered a livey right next to one of your keepnets. :D

Iain.

This is the kind of post that makes people not want to do anything for CAG, guys bust their butts all year to put the event on, it was obviously enjoyed by people in attendence, and many local anglers who did not participate, but a CAG member has to go out of his way to find a negative post about the event and post here. Thanks :D 100's of people go out and have a good time and you gotta find the one guy who didn't.

Pat

i agree with you :D

it's hard to understand why human nature

always focus on the negative side :D

This is the kind of post that makes people not want to do anything for CAG, guys bust their butts all year to put the event on, it was obviously enjoyed by people in attendence, and many local anglers who did not participate, but a CAG member has to go out of his way to find a negative post about the event and post here. Thanks :D 100's of people go out and have a good time and you gotta find the one guy who didn't.

Pat, I think you may have missed the point.

It's obvious that for most part it was a succesfull event that was indeed enjoyed by most. This obviously was an exception to the rule over the weekend.

However...the point remains that there was no excuse for effectively forcing a local resident angler to move.

He had every bit as much right to that location as did the CCC event fisherman..more so, as he was in the location first.

My point is that things like this cannot happen at a CAG event..just can't. We have enough of an uphill battle for the hearts and minds of our fellow anglers at it is...even ONE incident of this kind will sour carp anglers to this guy and pretty much anyone he talks to, so what exactly did it accomlish.

If I arrive at a location and somene is fishing..guess what, I either wait, or more then likely, move.

That's what should have gone on here. The CCC angler should have just moved to another location.

Simple fix, no harm done, no one gets upset.

Instead, he apparently had words with a local angler over a spot he didn't have any specific right to.

Bad form.