Heard some thing

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 mickey

mickey

Bait toad extraordinary

• CAG Member
  • 4,745 posts
  • Interests:Carp fishing, other fishing, benchrest shooting, castbullet shooting, schuetzen shooting, home shop makeing fishing and shooting gear.

Posted 01 October 2006 - 01:41 AM

A couple of locals commenting on the CCC

Posted: 07:25pm - Sep 30,06 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://64.135.207.58...p=256233#256233

Posted: 03:31pm - Sep 30,06 Post subject: Chicago Carp Association Tourn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://64.135.207.58...p=256208#256208

Mickey and Jim :D

Edited by mickey, 01 October 2006 - 01:58 AM.

(\__/)
(='.'=) Mickey's Tuna Hairball Boilies, And Whiskas and tuna extruded pellets. New Grit's pellets
(")_(")

Makes me feel good to be on the same site with a "Pro Carp Fisherman"
James Bounds Moline IL. CAG Membership Director and Moderator

#2 Guest_mudcat_*

Guest_mudcat_*
  • Visitor

Posted 01 October 2006 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (mickey @ Oct 1 2006, 03:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A couple of locals commenting on the CCC

Posted: 07:25pm - Sep 30,06 Post subject:

http://64.135.207.58...p=256233#256233
Posted: 03:31pm - Sep 30,06 Post subject: Chicago Carp Association Tourn

http://64.135.207.58...p=256208#256208
Mickey and Jim :D

First one doesn't work......

second one....well if I was there at a big tourney,I'd "ask" him if he didn't mind to move...cause time and money would be invovled.

mudcat

#3 redcoat

redcoat

Proud owner of two towels & wishy-washy dichotomist.

• State Chair
  • 3,081 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, music and a bunch of nerdy science stuff I call work.
  • Who Referred you?:Bud Yancey

Posted 01 October 2006 - 06:49 AM

Try this one.....

http://64.135.207.58...p=256224#256224

Same individual. Probably a troll as he posted twice with two versions of the same moan and groan?

Wouldn't mind betting there are two sides to this story. :D

Iain.

Edited by redcoat, 01 October 2006 - 06:52 AM.

Iain Murray
Salem, MA.

"Give a man (or woman) a fish and you feed them for a day. Teach a man (or woman) to carp fish and in six months they'll be rambling incoherently about pick-ups, stiff-rigs, drop-backs and critically-balanced hookers!"

#4 Guest_Herkel_*

Guest_Herkel_*
  • Visitor

Posted 01 October 2006 - 07:33 AM

Mudcat, I can't blame the locals for being pizzed, After all It is their home water. The event should have been posted at the site it was to be held or at least in the sporting section of the news paper. I think this is what Mark was getting at in his post about supporting CAG. If the $$$ was made available there would have been posters set up for the swims or a write up in the paper informing the public about this event and at the same time getting some PR for the club. This event is a little bigger than a mere Fish-in and therefore should have been given the publicity it deserved. I could'nt attend this event so I don't know what kind of information was released to the public or if there was a notice posted to inform the locals about this event. I do know that it is not the goal of CAG. to loose the support of other fisherman who were put off by this event because they were not informed of it's activity. Just my two cents :D Herkel

#5 Shawn Woerlein

Shawn Woerlein

Carp N Ohio

• CAG Member
  • 3,750 posts
  • Interests:Carping in Ohio. Gold prospecting, artifact and relic collecting, and mushroom hunting.
  • Who Referred you?:Bob Bernowski (2003)

Posted 01 October 2006 - 07:49 AM

Herk,

Not fully sure about this year, but in years past it was on radio, and in newspaper.

#6 GEFILTA FISHER

GEFILTA FISHER

NATITUDE

• State Chair
  • 10,292 posts
  • Interests:many and varied
    all types of fishing
    world peace
  • Who Referred you?:christian

Posted 01 October 2006 - 08:02 AM

It was in the newspapers. we even have a thread on it. . unfortunately we have a disgruntled local angler. he was able to move to a different spot. I think we have all had similiar instances when we couldnt fish in a "regular spot" due to some unforeseen event. that type of thing happens in big cities all the time. i know it happens here in washington regularly.

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

MARK
Washington, DC Chairman

Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity...

"BE AFRAID TO DIE ,UNTIL YOU HAVE WON SOME VICTORY FOR HUMANITY"

Fishing is the chance to wash one's soul with pure air.
It brings meekness and inspiration, reduces our egoism,
soothes our troubles and shames our wickedness.
It is discipline in the equality of men--for all men
are equal before fish.etcp reigns supreme
--President Herbert Hoover , New York Herald Tribune, May 10, 1947.

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." GWB 9/2000

on second thought .....bad idea.

#7 Keith

Keith

45+ years of carp catching

• CAG Member
  • 8,720 posts
  • Interests:Carp Fishing, Snowboarding, World Rally Championship, Formula One Racing, in fact any sort of racing that does not happen on an oval (I mean what is the freaking point of going round and round an oval)
  • Who Referred you?:NA

Posted 01 October 2006 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE (GEFILTA FISHER @ Oct 1 2006, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It was in the newspapers. we even have a thread on it. . unfortunately we have a disgruntled local angler. he was able to move to a different spot. I think we have all had similiar instances when we couldnt fish in a "regular spot" due to some unforeseen event. that type of thing happens in big cities all the time. i know it happens here in washington regularly.

Yep - try the ATC this year.

K1 Baits Field Tester

keith_sig.jpg

#8 mickey

mickey

Bait toad extraordinary

• CAG Member
  • 4,745 posts
  • Interests:Carp fishing, other fishing, benchrest shooting, castbullet shooting, schuetzen shooting, home shop makeing fishing and shooting gear.

Posted 01 October 2006 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (redcoat @ Oct 1 2006, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Try this one.....

http://64.135.207.58...p=256224#256224
Same individual. Probably a troll as he posted twice with two versions of the same moan and groan?

Wouldn't mind betting there are two sides to this story. :D

Iain.

They removed the post about what one local woulds do if it happened to him.
[Quote as best I can remember]
That he would have shaken that guy from Cali like The Big One and pushed him in the harbor, To bob around>.> and that's all I remember of what he posted.

Mickey and Jim
(\__/)
(='.'=) Mickey's Tuna Hairball Boilies, And Whiskas and tuna extruded pellets. New Grit's pellets
(")_(")

Makes me feel good to be on the same site with a "Pro Carp Fisherman"
James Bounds Moline IL. CAG Membership Director and Moderator

#9 Nightwing

Nightwing

Obsessed Carper

• Forum Guest
  • 1,361 posts
  • Interests:Fishing, Finding Bigfoot(literally)
  • Who Referred you?:No one, I've been here since the beginning

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:50 PM

From what I can tell, the guy who was salmon fishing was in that location BEFORE anyone from the CCC arrived, and was already fishing. Now..if he had come after, and still complained, then he's got no leg to stand on. But bottom line is he had nothing to do with the CCC, and he was in that location first, fishing a different species.
There was no excuse for telling him he had to leave..none at all. This was public access, and any and all have the right to it..particularly when they are not even fishing the same species, or in the event.
I've more then once been on the other side of this type of thing, when "guides" here in Michigan told me I had to leave a public location because the were putting a client there(different details, same premis as what we are talking about here). I did NOT move, and indeed, in once case, cost the guide his job when he became beligerant and threatening(cell phones are wonderfull tools).
That one of us gave him grief for being in "his" spot is ridiculous and another black eye on carp anglers.
Am I the only one that sees this?

Edited by Nightwing, 01 October 2006 - 04:56 PM.

#10 ukcarperinusa

ukcarperinusa

Mark and Tommy go racing!!!!

• Banned
  • 6,958 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (Nightwing @ Oct 1 2006, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From what I can tell, the guy who was salmon fishing was in that location BEFORE anyone from the CCC arrived, and was already fishing. Now..if he had come after, and still complained, then he's got no leg to stand on. But bottom line is he had nothing to do with the CCC, and he was in that location first, fishing a different species.
There was no excuse for telling him he had to leave..none at all. This was public access, and any and all have the right to it..particularly when they are not even fishing the same species, or in the event.
I've more then once been on the other side of this type of thing, when "guides" here in Michigan told me I had to leave a public location because the were putting a client there(different details, same premis as what we are talking about here). I did NOT move, and indeed, in once case, cost the guide his job when he became beligerant and threatening(cell phones are wonderfull tools).
That one of us gave him grief for being in "his" spot is ridiculous and another black eye on carp anglers.
Am I the only one that sees this?

No, For once Paul I completely agree with you!! :D

Although I am sure there are two sides to this story!!

Karl :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users