• EXPENCIVE/NO VALUE IN JOINING
    • NOT GIVING THE CARP HUGGERS $
    • HAVE NOT ASKED MOM OR DAD
    • UNSURE OF WHY I SHOULD JOIN
    • NO OTHERS IN CAG NEAR ME
    • CAG'S IMAGE
    • NOT ENOUGH EVENTS

Guest The Rodmaker

Fair enough....About time someone asked the right question to the right people.

Phil

The Rodmaker

i pmed, neil about membership. so im joining. i just never get a chance to write up a check.

between my race car, and now ordering a new bed chair, a bivvy, more tackle, budget is tight as hell. im only 24 lol

before you order that stuff,,,,JOIN !!!!

could save you a bundle of bucks !!! :D

If you order 200 bucks Worth of stuff from a discount vendor, chances are you'll get a 10% discount, and your membership is paid for !!!!

order 300 bucks, and you've saved 10 Bucks plus gotten membership, and so on and so on, not to mention discounts at hotels, Avis rentals, boilies, as well as others,,,, :D

Hey you guys Chime in,,,the discounts alone are worth the membership fees....right?? :D

I don't see the value for me.

I generally don't buy a ton of stuff (bait, equipment, etc....) so saving a few bucks here and there with a CAG discount is not that big of a deal for me. I'm not really hurting for $$, so I suppose I am lucky in that regard.

CAG only events - I am not as "hard core" as most people on this forum or in CAG, so I am not always willing to spend an entire week fishing. Even when I was a member, I didn't participate in any of these (although the CCC was the only one at the time). Generally speaking, a fishing trip that takes me out of state for several days of constant fishing isn't my cup of tea. Nothing wrong with folks doing this, it just isn't for me, and I suspect most non CAG'ers feel the same or else they just don't have the time/$$ to do it.

CAG Fishins are free - as they sould be in order to promote carp fishing, ethics, etc.... so many nearby, daily events can be attended.

Most of the "Euro" or "high end" carp info, techniques, stories, photo's etc.....can be gleaned right from this forum - no membership needed.

The forum is great, but if it was CAG members only - it wouldn't get the same use. Unfortunately for CAG, it's like a double edged sword. CAG needs the members, but how many folks are willing to join just to use the forum?

Look at BASS for instance - you can buy bass magazines by the scores (relatively low cost) but you don't need BASS membership to buy them.

What benefits does being a BASS member have? If it's tournament eligibilty, BASS only events, etc.....then I would assume that BASS has similar issues that CAG does with recruiting members. Fortunately for BASS however, folks in the US that fish for bass (on a high end, tons of gear, etc scale) FAR exceeds the number of folks that fish for carp on the same grand scale.

Just my two cents...........have at it.

Edited by KingKool

VOTE KING KOOL

Most of the "Euro" or "high end" carp info, techniques, stories, photo's etc.....can be gleaned right from this forum - no membership needed.
Edited by missoucarpee

Guest The Old Carper

It would be interesting to many of the members to be able to see the results of this pole without voting. If members vote it will throw the results off.

You didn't have a choice for "other", like character of some others...

But chose thinking about it, even though I am gonna join soon.

You clever girl, how did you make your signature read forum guest???!!! :D:D

It would be interesting to many of the members to be able to see the results of this pole without voting. If members vote it will throw the results off.

Just press the "show results" button underneath the poll.

Lets hear what the guests have to say, only king kool has spoken. Lets hear more!!!!!

I don't see the value for me.

The forum is great,

. CAG needs the members,

FAR exceeds the number of folks that fish for carp on the same grand scale.

Just my two cents...........have at it.

We need more members. period. you say the forum is great so why not support the club by joining. I'm not sure I get it. Not trying to attack you just not sure about the whole thing.

A view from a non-US forum participant:

For foreign participants, CAG so far has very limited added value other than the forum. Materials would most likely not be bought too frequently from US suppliers. CAG only events can generally not be attended etc. Perhaps you could think about making it more interesting for "foreigners" to join CAG. Like assisting in local fishing tournaments for example (but then again, if it would cost you money, why want to recruit more foreign guests :D ). Perhaps someone else has an idea how to make it more interesting for us? Think about the European potential if you could add some value to that scene. Just 10 USD from a few percent of the European carp anglers.... :D

If it wasn't for a deal I have with Jerome, I would be a guest for much longer :D

Guest The Kernel

I am not allowed to discuss my reasons on the forum! :D

Edited by The Kernel

Guest K-1
By not paying for the first time in over 12 years... :D

I am covering your Membership for next year ... haven't sent it yet as health problems have made me miss many days of work ... but I will do it :D -Wayne-

Guest K-1

All of this talk lately about Memberships ... polls about locking down the Regional Areas and such ...

Others say that they glean enough info from the forum ... so why join ...

I don't think we need to be in any big hurry to acquire as many Members as we can get if it means closing portions of our forum now available to everyone. Pushing for new members, state chairs, fish ins or anything else will only result in ill equipped MEMBERS that don't have the proper carp care gear or ethics.

If you get plenty of good info from this forum then maybe you should pony up a couple of bucks here and there ... it's the honest thing to do :D

If CAG is financially sound ... then just stay the course and let time and patience build our numbers. Our message about carp fishing and the ethical treatment of carp should be our main concern.

If CAG needs funds then maybe eliminating the printing of the NACA would be an option we should vote about ... though I haven't really put any thought into that. -Wayne-

Guest english bob
All of this talk lately about Memberships ... polls about locking down the Regional Areas and such ...

I don't think we need to be in any big hurry to acquire as many Members as we can get if it means closing portions of our forum now available to everyone. Pushing for new members, state chairs, fish ins or anything else will only result in ill equipped MEMBERS that don't have the proper carp care gear or ethics.

If you get plenty of good info from this forum then maybe you should pony up a couple of bucks here and there ... it's the honest thing to do :D

If CAG is financially sound ... then just stay the course and let time and patience build our numbers. Our message about carp fishing and the ethical treatment of carp should be our main concern.

If CAG needs funds then maybe eliminating the printing of the NACA would be an option we should vote about ... though I haven't really put any thought into that. -Wayne-

Good point very well made.

WELCOME to the Club Mario,,,I will work on your membership packet and get you up as a CAG MEMBER some time this evening ! :D

You hit it right on the noggin. Patience is the road to sucess. The forum is very important to all of the new carp anglers. It got me hooked up with the info I needed to start fishing for these most beautiful fish. I feel after Gleaning so much info from you guys it was my duty to join. I have never regreted it, an excellent deal for the money.

David

WELCOME to the Club Mario,,,I will work on your membership packet and get you up as a CAG MEMBER some time this evening ! :D

Jerome: you'd better do some decent fishing and filming now! :D:D