• THINKING ABOUT IT
    • EXPENCIVE/NO VALUE IN JOINING
    • NOT GIVING THE CARP HUGGERS $
    • HAVE NOT ASKED MOM OR DAD
    • UNSURE OF WHY I SHOULD JOIN
    • NO OTHERS IN CAG NEAR ME
    • CAG'S IMAGE
    • NOT ENOUGH EVENTS

Nope, no fish ins....I have no clue if there is a "chapter" in this state or not and if there is...I have no idea what they do or where they go.

I do it because I really enjoy it. There is little to compare to a big common peeling off drag...

I will probably never own a "Bivvy" or a "Brolly" or a bed chair.

:) - never say never................I started using an unhooking mat last year. Been carping since @ 1980!

Welcome to the madness...............

Hi 

Recently moved to NJ from Yorkshire in the UK, unfortunately my tackle couldnt travel with me :(

Looking forward to catching up with any carpers that are nearby me, That for me is the best way to learn what is transferable from the tackle I had / used in the UK, more importantly where I can get a hold of it 

You can get carp tackle from Big Carp Tackle or from Carp kit International

On 7/15/2016 at 6:09 PM, Gizzy said:

Hi 

Recently moved to NJ from Yorkshire in the UK, unfortunately my tackle couldnt travel with me :(

Looking forward to catching up with any carpers that are nearby me, That for me is the best way to learn what is transferable from the tackle I had / used in the UK, more importantly where I can get a hold of it 

Welcome Gizzy

Which part of Yorkshire? All of my family hail from there.......so I need to establish if I'm allowed to talk with you. :lol:

There is some good carp fishing in NJ and quite a few CAG Members live there.

Iain

On 17/07/2016 at 1:54 PM, redcoat said:

Welcome Gizzy

Which part of Yorkshire? All of my family hail from there.......so I need to establish if I'm allowed to talk with you. :lol:

There is some good carp fishing in NJ and quite a few CAG Members live there.

Iain

lol  

Hi Redcoat

South Yorkshire, think Sheffield :)  *wonders if thats the right county*

Looking forward to catching up with some NJ members 

I have gone completely 'in" now...

Got a carp net, an unhooking mat and a weigh sling....

I have been buying Nash "the Key" boilies and got a bunch of betain pellets in 2 and 4 mil and some 20 mil that I band on the hook with a rubber band....got a bag of halibut pellets but to be honest...have not caught a thing on them.  I got some CC Moore feeding stimulant and hemp oil and have been using the corn 'deer" attractant I learned about on this site to "glug" my boiled field corn feed.

I am planning on getting a barrow before long because Ii have accumulated so much stuff it is now multiple trips to the car to get set up....

You guys have made me an addict.....it's all your fault!

You guys have made me an addict.....it's all your fault!

Hey, blame the carp themselves - once an angler has hooked and landed a few, it's game over !!!   look forwards to seeing a few of your catch photo's soon ! 

Hi, I'm Mike, I'm in the NW burbs of Chicago.  I'm not new to fishing, but I'm new to carp fishing.  I was watching the YouTube channel Catfish and Carp, and got the bug.  I spent 30 bucks on gear to make a Hair rig and feeder system.  I made some boilies and soaked my new gear for total of 6 hours, and that is where I'm at.  I don't know if I should "bark up this carp fishing tree".  I was searching the net for info and found you guys, but am not ready to drop any coin on a membership.  

Edited by mikescooling

Hi, Mike!  If you look at the home page of CAG, you will find places where people meet and fish.  There are specific events ad Carping Locally.  You can contact carp anglers in your area by PM and get a response.  I recall some in the Chicago area and Joliet.  Good luck with your newfound hobby...from which there is no escape.