22 replies to this topic

#11 Mario Kok

Mario Kok

Chasing dreams...

• CAG Member
  • 7,332 posts
  • Who Referred you?:NA

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:55 PM

I just tried the Irfanview again and it worked ok. I liked the Microsoft add on better to be honest. Can I resize a few hundred pics at once with Photobucket? If not, it's not very useful to me...

ConKOKtion

#12 mr_fitzz

mr_fitzz

The batman cap is back!

• Forum Guest
  • 6,448 posts
  • Who Referred you?:Batman

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:05 PM

I just tried the Irfanview again and it worked ok. I liked the Microsoft add on better to be honest. Can I resize a few hundred pics at once with Photobucket? If not, it's not very useful to me...

Yep you can do the same with Photobucket, you just need to make sure you pick the size you want before uploading.

You may want to look at it even if you don't use it for resizing, its handy for organising pics for websites etc.

Heres all my pics, I think you get 1GB for free.
http://s88.photobuck.../k195/mr_fitzz/

#13 Craig

Craig

I can name my own title

• CAG Member
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:08 PM

As I just went to Vista, I found it necessary to get another copy of the resizer as the XP version is not compatible with Vista. If you will click on the above (first/Microsoft) link you will find a link to a clone program that IS compatible with Vista.

If you want to see the acutal URL it is http://www.codeplex.com/PhotoToysClone

`

Edited by Craig, 13 April 2009 - 07:13 PM.

My wife and I had words.
I didn't get to use mine.

#14 robm1093

robm1093

Obsessed Carper

• State Chair
  • 1,725 posts
  • Interests:Hunting Fishing and camping.
  • Who Referred you?:ED Wagner

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:59 PM

I have tryed to reduce my photos with no luck. I am not that good with the computer. I will onley post two or 3 photos intill I lern how to resize photos ....

Edited by robm1093, 06 July 2009 - 04:07 PM.

Robert William Mallgren

NY Long Island , Ny southern Zone chairmen
2008 carps caught 114. 3 mirrors

2009 carps caught , 69

2010 carps caught, 32

2011 carps caught 26 .BIG carps= 31.10 lbs, 31.10 lbs,

#15 Guest_SWMO_*

Guest_SWMO_*
  • Visitor

Posted 20 July 2009 - 08:08 AM

I tried to post a photo from photobucket to the forum, but got a message it was blocked? I'm computer illiterate so if you can help me talk slow. :rolleyes:

#16 chakram

chakram

Shameless grassie hunter

• CAG Member
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:12 AM

I use photobucket for all my photos on here. What specific steps do you do when you try to post the picture? There is a particular link coding you should use.

#17 Guest_edward_*

Guest_edward_*
  • Visitor

Posted 01 August 2010 - 11:02 AM

I've often used the Microsoft Office Picture Manager.

(but it might not work for reducing multiple fotos at once, not sure)

Under 'Edit' choose "Compress photos" -- there you have a choice of sizes

*Documents -- this will compress the photo from about 3 mb to 400 kb
* E mail -- this will make it smaller yet, under 200 kb.

Or, if you use Hotmail, it has a new photo reducer, which makes any foto to under 100 kb. You can choose the foto, send it to yourself and then open it and post it to your CAG message. Hotmail works well for multiple foto reductions.

#18 KingCarp

KingCarp

Obsessed Carper

• Forum Guest
  • 669 posts
  • Interests:Carpfishing, photography, rodbuilding, coffee barista style, Apple computers, music and movies.
  • Who Referred you?:nobody

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

If the purpose of resizing is posting on a forum , I recommend ImageShack..click upload images, you can choose as many photos as you want simultanious, click on the resize window and choose the format you like. ImageShack will do the rest. Posting it you have to do yourself though. :D

Posted Image

HOOKED FOR LIFE

#19 Willem (JD)

Willem (JD)

"Veni, Vidi, Victus Sum"

• Admin
  • 4,226 posts
  • Who Referred you?:Google :)

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:03 PM

You don't have to worry about re-sizing your photo's for the forum anymore.
With the Upgrade, all pictures are resized to fit automatically. That way people can still click on the picture and see the Hi-Res picture at it's best.

willem@carpanglersgroup.com

bug.gifbug.gifbug.gifbug.gif

To Whom It May Concern:

I am a PAYING CAG member just like any other paying member in this club. Please don't pull that "BOD so you think this or that" on me.

I'm a CAG member FIRST (Webmaster 2nd and BOD member last) and that give me just as much right as YOU to speak my mind about ANYTHING club related.

So if you don't LIKE what I've got to say, don't use the age old lame "You think you can say what you want because you're on the BOD".

I say what I want because I'm "ME", I say what I want because it's my right as an AMERICAN CITIZEN to speak my mind FREELY.

If I don't agree with you, get over it and move on. My main function is to maintain everything CAG WEB Related, NOT to kiss your butt and agree with you, nor to say stuff just so I don't hurt your feelings.

So please keep in mind that if you choose to ask for an opinion or say something I don't agree with, I will speak my mind as a PAYING CAG MEMBER.

#20 KingCarp

KingCarp

Obsessed Carper

• Forum Guest
  • 669 posts
  • Interests:Carpfishing, photography, rodbuilding, coffee barista style, Apple computers, music and movies.
  • Who Referred you?:nobody

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:29 PM

Ah I didn't know that, although I prefer to offer limited pictures so I can keep track of my own images.

Willem sounds awfully Dutch!? Are you? :lol:

Posted Image

HOOKED FOR LIFE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users