Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Carpaholic

English to English Dictionary

Carpoholic,

I love this thread. When I first joined carp.com I had to always ask the British guys what they meant by this and that. Eventually I figured some of the terminology out on my own, like margins, hooklengths and method feeders. I remember having to ask them what they meant by a linear carp. I think this thread will be very beneficial to the beginning carp anglers. Thanks :D:D

I got trapped in a rainy FL hotel for about 4 days.  Did manage to write another MidWest Outdoors article as well.  Finished "River Carping" by Neil Wayte, see report elsewhere.  Couldn't force myself to watch much TV.

I think a post like this should count as more than one toward my attaining guber status like yourself and Keith :D

brian,the first chapter on the arun is our local river! its where we are fishing this summer and also where james and my uk pb's come from!

andy skinner is one of my mates and the mirror that dave eaton is holding has fallen to james rods!

i love it down there! its as far removed from the busy uk scene as you can get.its also the second fastest flowing tidal river in the uk so a real challenge.

we used 500kg of bait in a month last year and will be giving it the biggun again this year!

liked the list but when are you going to do the double dutch cockney version :D

I'm ill equiped to do such a version. Perhaps BillD and a few others might put one together :D

Good luck on the Arun. It sounds as if the river scene in the UK is a bit more like carping here in the USA - more of an unknown :D

Guest TEXASENGLISHMAN
Its all gone Pete Tong mate

Guy's please keep you Alans on.......

That's your Alan Wickers (Knickers)

Oh ...I can have some serious fun with this thread

How's this one,

There is a Bird down our Frog and Toad who has a great Bottle and Glass, and to think of it she has a great pair of Ertha Kitt's, :D But her boat race is a bit 2&8. The only problem is she has great big plates of meat.

Work that one out.

I can keep this going for ever.

How's this one,

There is a Bird down our Frog and Toad who has a great Bottle and Glass, and to think of it she has a great pair of Ertha Kitt's, :D But her boat race is a bit 2&8. The only problem is she has great big plates of meat.

Work that one out.

LOL nice 1 ....i agree me old china plate her bristols are 10 to 8 shame her old man is duke of kent makes me moby dick :D

I just remembered this is a pined post

Mickey and Jim

Edited by mickey

She makes me wanna turn Chandelier mate after me Billy Ray Cyrus

I need a Rosy Lee

Edited by mr_fitzz

Guest TEXASENGLISHMAN
She makes me wanna turn Chandelier mate after me Billy Ray Cyrus

I need a Rosy Lee

If I had turned Ginger Beer I don't think I would have noticed all her bit's and bob's.

Then there is another bird down our Frog that has such a Lard death and dum, and such an ugly boat race I am to scared to take a buthers hook at it.

:D:D Shall we keep going.

Guest Ginger 69

How's this one,

Work that one out.

Cheating really being a Brit, but it's kinda easy.....

There's a woman down our road who has a great arse. and to think of it, she has a great pair of tits :D But her face is a bit of a state. The only problem is she has great big feet......

I happen to know this bird and I've got to say that despite her shortcomings she's always been good for a J. Arthur after a few pigs ears and and a Vera or two!

Guest TEXASENGLISHMAN

Sometimes with all this chit caht I ahven't got a danny la Rue what everyone is chin wagging about.

YA NA WAT I MeaN

You know this could never end, and only the few will know just what we are on about now, the rest are in the Jurassic Park

Ok Im off to see the Trouble and Strife about a Melvyn Bragg

Edited by mr_fitzz

Guest TEXASENGLISHMAN
Cheating really being a Brit, but it's kinda easy.....

There's a woman down our road who has a great arse. and to think of it, she has a great pair of tits :D But her face is a bit of a state. The only problem is she has great big feet......

I happen to know this bird and I've got to say that despite her shortcomings she's always been good for a J. Arthur after a few pigs ears and and a Vera or two!

And she don't give a bad Cow and Gate either >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Guest Ginger 69
You know this could never end, and only the few will know just what we are on about now, the rest are in the Jurassic Park

Yeah, but it's just nice to talk proper English for a change without being looked at like you're totally mad :D

Guest TEXASENGLISHMAN
Big English, your going to giv em a Lionel Blair

Your havin abubble bath ain't ya :D

Anyway's,

I am off for Tom Tit then a David Gower and then I jumping in my pit to have good bo peep........ :D

But then again I may have a J Arthur, Na it's a good Bo Peep tonight. :D

Guest Ginger 69

Anyway's,

I am off for Tom Tit then a David Gower and then I jumping in my pit to have good bo peep........ :D

But then again I may have a J Arthur, Na it's a good Bo Peep tonight. :D

Me too......only I think I'm going to have a gold watch first and then go for the J Arthur......

G'night all........

(Ooops I've gone Australian).......

Guest TEXASENGLISHMAN
Me too......only I think I'm going to have a gold watch first and then go for the J Arthur......

G'night all........

(Ooops I've gone Australian).......

BeforeI go, i just wanted to say i went down the Rub a Dub tonight and had a few pig's ears followed by a few vera Lynns. Came hoem and the mr's had made a great ruby murray with aload of Vincent Price.

Now I am off to got to Bo Peep.

Quality.

Guest snakecharmer
For Newt-

1 billion = 1,000,000,000 = 1 thousand million (it used to be one million million, but we changed to fit in with you guys)

Yeah, but ain't it funny how one of the few people in the World with the intelligence to truly appreciate such vastness still considers a billion to be 1 million times 1 million. I'll stick with the original number, if it's good enough for Mr S.W. Hawking I think it'll do for me.