Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

accordbw

Had an idea for fish ins to attract more carpers and let carp anglers

If anyone wants the dates for other states added please let me know and I will update the original post. This is a great idea and something I did a few years ago (we have Free Fishing Days and Fishing In The City - learn to fish program). I will doing something similar this year at two kids fishing derbies.

Thank you Rob , I updated all states they had listed and Keith if you have the other dates that would be great or we can just wait for more posts. Its up to you. Thanks

Guest platinumtib

great ideal brian keep this thread bumped for more fish for free days i would love to head to another state and try it out

Guest kvolo

Here in NY the county I live in sponsors a kids' carp fishing derby with prizes and rental poles to fish with. It is a good way to get kids involved in fishing.

In Texas you can fish license-free at any State Park.

This is an old post, but it's one that's worth bumping up on a regular basis.

For Georgia, the 2016 Free Fishing Days are June 4 and June 11 (during National Fishing and Boating Week), and September 24 (National Hunting & Fishing Day).

The GA DNR website says that on those days "state residents between the ages of 16 and 64" can fish free (GA residents younger than 16 and those older than 64 can fish free anyway).  But that statement also seems to suggest that non-residents would still be required to have a license to fish -- even on those "free" days.

Ref:  http://www.georgiawildlife.org/Fishing/FreeFishingDays

I will check with the state DNR to clarify that point.  I rather suspect that they wouldn't be checking licenses (or residence) on those days anyway, but I'd be really upset to learn that a visitor was ticketed for fishing illegally after I encouraged them to come here to fish.

No info yet on the MA DFW site in respect of free-fishing days for 2016. If nothing appears by the end of the month I'll give them a call to give them a little encouragement.:)

Iain

Free fishing days in RI are May 7 and May 8 this year (2016).  The dates change every year.

On 2/17/2016 at 7:31 PM, Brookesy said:

June 4th and 5th are the free fishing days for 2016

Thanks Dean

Care to share the source for the info? I have looked all over the MA DFW site without success.

Iain

1 hour ago, redcoat said:

Thanks Dean

Care to share the source for the info? I have looked all over the MA DFW site without success.

Iain

It's not easy to find on the MA DFW website but a google search got me to the correct link. I remember seeing it in the yearly printed Fishing and Hunting magazine so new it would be there somewhere.

CT has two

June 19 & Aug 13

I went back and checked, you can fish in Colorado without a license only on the first full weekend of June, each year. All other rules and regulations apply

In Illinois, it's on Fathers Day weekend this year.  June 17-20, 2016