Dave Ash

Range cube rig

So yeah....

My idea that worked

You will need

DSCF1087.jpg

1.Take the line and tie a loop at one end

2.Take the nut drill and drill a hole in the range cube

3. Thread the non loop end through the range cube untill the range cube is to the loop end

4. Run the end that does not have the range cube through the loop so the cube is secure on the line.

5. use a knotless knot to tie the hook to the leader line

DSCF1088.jpg

6. When you tie the hook on make sure its close enough to the range cube that you can put the hook through the loop that holds the range cube on.

It should look like this when your done

DSCF1089.jpg

I used this size hook as well as smaller hooks today and both seemed to work. the bigger the cube the larger the hook you can get away with.

I also covered part of the hook with some corn and it did not change the outcome.

Someone may already have made this righ, but untill i see it im calling it mine:)

Once you put the range cube on, put a single kernal of maize on it. That way when the cube breaks down, you will have a single kernal of maize left. We have been rigging them like that for a very long time. Use different hooks you will catch a lot more fish. I used to use those.

I use a few differnt hooks... sizes and shapes...

Do you possibly mean brand of hook??

Edited by Dave Ash

How do you put a new range cube on when you need one, or do you make a new rig each time?

I personaly think that the hook stays in line with the RC when it get sucked up because of running it through the loop (once again i use smaller hooks then the one pictured.) IMO the fish wont feel it.

To get the cube off you just slide the loop over the hook and add a new RC and then slide the loop over the hook again.

What you do not see is on the top end of the rig is another loop to connect to the main line via snap, or you can just cut and re tie which is what I do because I use light leaders and its a good way to check to see if any damage to the line.

Edited by Dave Ash

Guest dave d

hi im not sure how you do things state side yet .. but wouldn't just be easier to use a PVA stocking then all you have to do is hook it on B)