Carp Anglers Group Forums
Guest MinnowMagnet

New Spot Success

Guest MinnowMagnet

I heard about a freshwater lagoon in alameda, I had seen it before and thought it was saltwater and thought to myself, if that is freshwater I bet there would be carp there. Well, I had heard it had carp so I went to check it out, it is only about 10 minutes from my house. I got there at 3:00pm and fished next to a park, it is only 15 feet from the bay so i could fish rays and carp at the same time. I saw fish jump right away, I started getting hit right away, then I freelined next to a small bridge, then hooked up and lost it at then net. A few minutes later I landed a 5lber. After that I nailed them until I went home at 5:15pm. I ended up catching nine from 1lb-7lbs 3oz, most of them from 4-6lbs. I will probably go back tommorrow after school!

A few nice ones

5lbfy8.jpg

avsk4.jpgninr8.jpg

niceoc0.jpg

WTG!! some great looking fish!

Justin

Thanks for sharing.Nice pictures of captures using knotless net and an unhooking pad. The place is just 20min from my location. Enjoy it while you can

There is a small pond a couple of minutes from my house that I love to go to as well. I love being able to spend a couple of hours fishing without the packing/unpacking of the car and making an 'event' out of it. Nice! B)

Now that is CLOSE! Well DONE and Good Luck on the Next TRIP!

HOPPY4