Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
Jerome

The FFF...

Guys,

following an original idea from Iain/Redcoat... Here is the latest and newest CAG event... the FFF...

The First Fishing Folly of the year...

How many of you are crazy enough to go fishing January 1rst? Hmmm? Oh... the sound of the overwhelming response of obsessed anglers.... :D

So here are the rules... real simple...

1. Go through a tough negotiation with your spouse... whatever the outcome, decide to go fishing on Jan 1rst! :D

2. Pick a good spot and go with at least another angler (or spouse or friend), so that he/she can report on your success... <_<

3. Don't forget to go home, your catches after midnight won't count... :D

4. Post at least one picture of the freezing anglers on this thread, preferably (but not mandatory) with a carp in your hands. Add whatever comments and story you deem appropriate. :D

5. Record time & weight of all your captures, but also MOST IMPORTANTLY the water temperature, and send me the results via PM or e-mail.

You can fish the way you want, with ten rods if needed, even with a baitboat or a smartcast, prebait the year before (!), whatever you like, but just practice catch & release, ok?

I will compile all results, and will designate some happy winners based on some weird criteria to be defined later, including time and water temperature, of course! :D

What's for you as an award? Only glory... Now, who's game? :D

Edited by Siamond

I am In, who's with me ??...........Hawgmaster

Count me in on this one as I always go fishing on the first of the new year

heres a question for ya. what if we cant get anyone to go with us can we still enter? the area in NY that i am from you cant find alot of people who like to catch carp but the biggest problem will be getting someone to sit out in 30 degree weather(that isn t counting the wind chill) and walk through the foot of snow!!!

i second the Phone Award!!!

Guest CARPKNIGHT
Guess the wwd would kinda be cheating huh?

definatly .......... not cheating :D scott you up for the wwd. i'll check the tide?

Guest Newt

I'm for it. I even got a place all picked out. Never fished it but it surely looks carpy and is close enough to deep water to be likely. This pic was from yesterday with the water at full pool -16.5 feet. They have just started refilling Badin so by then, the spot will be around 15 feet deep where you see the lowest piece of land.

Have to fish from a boat though since it's way further from the bank than I can cast. Not even sure if Keith could reach it since I haven't actually been able to measure the distance.

post-2-1071705876_thumb.jpg

Guest Sodbury Steve

If UK entries count, count me in :D

'Phone Award' - love it!! :D

A fitting tribute.....

i don't know if i can make it

i think only depends on the hangover :D

BTW we should call the award the Phone Award . J/K Phone

If we're going to honor Phone by naming an Award after him then instead of calling the event the First Fishing Folly we should call it the Phirst Phishing Pholly :D:D:D

No WWD carp allowed and we gotta have a witness, verified by independent police officers as being honest and truthful upstanding citizens. Oooops thats the CAG Big Fish Award - ehhh Scott

No restrictions at all on where and how you fish. It will be hard enough to catch one carp by Jan 1rst... So going to a WWD is absolutely legit... Simply remember that the formula for the main award will include water temperature and of course in a way which will give more value to a catch in very cold water... And yes, you guys read my mind, I did intend to call it the Cool Phone Award, or something like that... :D

Karper, well, I just wanted to have some minimal verifications of the catch claims... Let me suggest the following: if you send me digital pictures of each of your catches, also showing the weight on the scale, then you're in... And I'll trust you for the water temperature & time of catch. Fair enough?

Miguel, hangover is no excuse... we'll all suffer from it, I guess... Actually, i'm really curious if somebody will be brave enough to go fishing early in the morning... :D

Sodbury Steve, carpers from all over the world are welcome to participate... with their own time zone...

Dragoncarp, all credits are due to Iain/Redcoat who planted this idea in my mind... :D

beautiful brother though i will be trying to talk someone into it and resort to your suggestions if that fails

Oh, and I forgot to tell you the best part! This is a FREE event. Don't know about Iain, but I can accept bribery though... Nah... Only if it's really worth it... :D

Speaking of bribery... Anybody willing to sponsor a little more then ephemeral glory for the FFF awards?

Guest Sodbury Steve

'Anybody willing to sponsor a little more then ephemeral glory for the FFF awards? '

A manufacturer of thermometers surely the best bet?

Or of thermal underwear?

ps my own time zone eh? My missus always said I had one of those......:D

Unfortunatly

Busters got to do some chores to keep the "spouse" happy on NYD. :D

BUT--Buster Jr. is planning to fish a local lake. Fish will be weighted on certified scales, and I will be glad to fax a copy of the "offical" scoreboard for the day, and could even take a pic of any money that my "stunt double" might win. :D

Unless, of course, anyone is scared to fish against a 13 year old. :D

I'll try to make it but I believe the rules stated there are no rules just a legal catch, so WWD fishare allowed as we cold weather folks need that to ballance the warmer water folks advantage. If I make it I'll be at the Amoco dishcharge. Anyonecare to join me send PM. jb

Guest phonebush

Blithering idiots!

Carp don't feed in cold water.

I do like the idea of having an award named after me. Especially one that will never get claimed since you can't catch carp in water below 50 degrees.

As for the Phone's personal participation. Well of course! Actually I am trying to get well enough to get back to God's country (Kansas for those of you who've never been to God's country). Damned if I haven't picked up a dose of Pneumonia and another short (2 day) stay in the hospital.

But wait! back to the FFF. I really like the rules. I'm sure since I don't have a camera Siamond and the rest of the entrants will trust the word of Phone.

Phone

Guest mnfisherman
I'm sure since I don't have a camera Siamond and the rest of the entrants will trust the word of Phone.

Maybe someone could send you one of those cheap disposable cameras so you don't have an excuse! :D

Guest Sodbury Steve

Oh you've done it now, Phone..

'Especially one that will never get claimed since you can't catch carp in water below 50 degrees.'

I'd have thought a wise old geezer such as your good self would never put such a jinx on yourself :D Could this be an imininent headware consumption scenario :D:D

Hope you're better mate, and a belated cool yule and gear new year :D

I'm sure since I don't have a camera Siamond and the rest of the entrants will trust the word of Phone.

Maybe someone could send you one of those cheap disposable cameras so you don't have an excuse! :D

Excellent point, Kyle! I would definitely have done if it wasn't a bit late for snail mail to deliver... :D still didn't get my NACA by the way, hmpf :D

As to trusting Phone... hmmm... I will have to think twice about this one... :D:D:D <_<