Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
Tortoise

Homemade rod pods

I'm interested in making a homemade rod pod and would like to see what others have done. I would like it to be portable. I also would be using it from the bankside, on piers, and from my

bassboat[hopefully soon to be a carphauler]. I don't want to have to reinvent the wheel just save a buck.

I made my first one out of pva tubing i found a topic hear on the forum cant find it but maybe some one else will remember it

Guest Tommy Robinson

For what it's worth in materials, money and versatlity, I'd build a bucket pod.

Looks like the ones that I give as prizes at my fish ins. :yourock: Great job referring to the link Justin! :rolleyes:

Ray

Looks like the ones that I give as prizes at my fish ins. :yourock: Great job referring to the link Justin! :rolleyes:

Ray

No problem Ray! :o

That was one of my first post on the CAG forums.

I later modified it to use alarms and I eventually passed it on to a fellow central Ohio carper!

Thanks for bring it back up.

Andy

Another version of a PVC pod, made from 1" pipe (I went with 1" so it would have less flex in it):

100_0731.jpg

It's all glued together except for the middle bar and the caps. I drilled holes in the caps and bought some nuts with the same threads as the bite detectors/rod holders. I put the threaded posts through the holes, put some Loctite on the threads and tightened the nuts. The four points of contact make it very stable; I've never had it blow over.

If I make another one, I might not glue the legs, so it will break down smaller.

Another version of a PVC pod, made from 1" pipe (I went with 1" so it would have less flex in it):

100_0731.jpg

It's all glued together except for the middle bar and the caps. I drilled holes in the caps and bought some nuts with the same threads as the bite detectors/rod holders. I put the threaded posts through the holes, put some Loctite on the threads and tightened the nuts. The four points of contact make it very stable; I've never had it blow over.

If I make another one, I might not glue the legs, so it will break down smaller.

Nice! I'm looking at designing/building one as well; when I get it done I'll post the particulars.

Nice! I'm looking at designing/building one as well; when I get it done I'll post the particulars.

Here's afew bucket projects

post-3494-1239211631.jpg

post-3494-1239211666.jpg

post-3494-1239211705.jpg

Thank you for posting the pictures. :rolleyes: The bucket idea will work great for my rod and reel with the bite alarm built into the reel. Yesterday, I built a rod pod for 3 rods for $7.50. I can't wait to go try it out. I haven't glued anything because I need to see if the pipes are the length I like.

That was one of my first post on the CAG forums.

I later modified it to use alarms and I eventually passed it on to a fellow central Ohio carper!

Thanks for bring it back up.

Andy

That my friend is one awesome pod, i am inspired!!!

I mainly use bank stix in place of a pod but there are places they are not feasable...(cement piers and wooden docks)...so I came up with this seeing as how I had a piece of 2" x 6" lumber left over from building my dock...

Not too classy, but it works...

Home-madecarppod002.jpg