Prizes for 1st 2nd & 3rd overall and 1st, 2nd & 3rd Juniors

Prizes generously donated by:

bs.jpgbct.jpgwcblogo.jpg

More Donations are Welcome!

Become an Event Sponsor

Must be a CAG Member to participate

Cost: $10.00-

-Payment MUST be made with Paypal.

-You can safely use a credit card on the Paypal page without a Paypal account.

Register Here

Registration is Open until Midnight Friday, May 1

Only Common Carp, Cyprinus Carpio, Count

Anglers can fish any combination of legal waters anywhere in North America

Anglers must register and manage their own catches and photos in our online leader board -Instructions will be emailed after registration

Any number of fish can be added, but only top four count

Submissions must include 2 photos-

-one trophy photo of the fish with angler

-one photo of the fish laying on a mat, net, or sling with the scale used and a printed Big Four Logo shown below (example Coming Soon)

Fish must be caught on rod and reel using legal methods and be released safely

Live leader board will be displayed on the home page for the month of May along with links to any prize sponsors

Corresponding stories in the forum are encouraged and will be linked to the leader board

Catches logged at any other event will count, but all event requirements above must still be fulfilled

post-500-1239139338.jpg

Guest The Bait Stop

The Bait Stop would like to offer a Bait Bucket full of goodies (retail value of $50-$75) to each of the three winners. If a winner is an existing customer of The Bait Stop their package can be customized to suit their preference.

Cool idea... :rolleyes:

BCT will donate prizes of $75 to 1st place, $50 to 2nd and $25 to 3rd in a voucher. Good Luck everyone!

Just my opinion, but if the thought of charging money for something I would just ask that a reason go along with it such as what is the money for? A plaque? to build CAG cash flow? a special prize? Just because...

It would be for a couple things:

-to fund the building of the leader board... That project was more than $1000. A few events like this would pay it off.

We wouldn't have bought it if we didn't have the $$ but it would be smart for us to use our investments to generate cash instead of just spending.

We have more ideas in the pipeline that will need funding as well. :rolleyes:

-Maybe for some trophies?

-to make sure we get people who are actually going to fish it, instead of every member in cag who wants their name on the home page.

Of course we want participation... but on the spectator side of it, it will be much more fun if all the entrants were really going to turn in fish.

and there is a small bit of administrative work we don't want to waste time on people who will sign up but won't actually participate.

I'll make an early prediction.

1st place -Joel Harbor*

2nd place -Scott Osmond*

3rd place -Rick Walker

*I lamented on these two for awhile, as Joel's new addition may cut down on bank hours... :rolleyes:

-MD/CT

Hello fellow carpers, Tracy here. The format you speak of is how I will be running the Windy City Carp League 2009. 5 venues over 5 months, Top 3 fish of each venue count towards total weight(15 fish) giving you the league champion. Sam's Midwest Carp Anglers Assoc. winter league was run very similarly to this and went off fine. I think it will work. MCAA winter league required a witness, but that's because fishing around Chicago in the winter can be dangerous, so a partner was pretty much needed. MCAA did charge a fee(20$) and went from Jan. 1 til Mar 1. I would like to see measurements if no witnesses are going to be used. a 30lb claim shoudn't be under 24"x24",a form of checks and balances. just my 2 cents later

1st place -Joel Harbor*

2nd place -Scott Osmond*

3rd place -Rick Walker

*I lamented on these two for awhile, as Joel's new addition may cut down on bank hours... :rolleyes:

-MD/CT

Great choice Mike ....NY is gonna be the state to beat imo

awesome idea... :rolleyes:

A shot like this gives a fair indication of one of those stocky lumps...

post-442-1239151925.jpg

I rewrote the rules and they are all but final. Thanks for your input. Registration should open up some time this weekend. I'll make notice of it!

is there some reason my posts were deleted? did I miss something?

I edited the rules to address all issues brought up and reconfigured the thread as the official announcement instead of a work in progress. I deleted a ton of posts, mine included to streamline and avoid confusion for those that are coming into the conversation late. Thanks Everyone for your input!

A top-4 event, yeah, well, yawn.

I have to say I am a bit disappointed to see yet another event focused on competing to catch big fish. I was really hoping that this Spring slot would have been allocated to do something truly different, something focused on kids & juniors as was proposed when PatK started to ponder about a new event in the spring.

Oh well. :rolleyes:

The CAG Spring Big 4

May 1-May 31

Combined weight of biggest four fish wins

Prizes for 1st 2nd and 3rd

Must be a CAG Member to participate

Cost: $10.00-

-Payment MUST be made with Paypal.

-You can safely use a credit card on the Paypal page without a Paypal account.

Register Here (coming soon)

Anglers can fish any combination of waters anywhere in North America as long as fish are caught in public water

Anglers must register and manage their own catches and photos in our online leader board -Instructions will be emailed after registration

-one photo of the fish laying on a mat, net, or sling with the scale used and a printed Big Four Logo shown below (example Coming Soon)

Live leader board will be displayed on the home page for the month of May along with links to any prize sponsors

Corresponding stories in the forum are encouraged and will be linked to the leader board

Catches logged at any other event will count, but all event requirements above must still be fulfilled

Prizes have been donated for 1st 2nd and 3rd by The Bait Stop and Big Carp Tacle

World Classic Baits will donate 15 bags of the "Erni's Method Mix" worth $90

1st place gets a voucher for 7kg

2nd place gets a voucher for 5kg

3rd place gets a voucher for 3kg

:rolleyes:

great idea!

Edited by ernest-karp

Anglers can fish any combination of legal waters anywhere in North America

1st place -Joel Harbor*

2nd place -Scott Osmond*

3rd place -Rick Walker

*I lamented on these two for awhile, as Joel's new addition may cut down on bank hours... :yourock:

-MD/CT

Thanks for the kind words Mike! but 1st place for big 4 is a big thing!!! and don't happen over night "all tho it could" :rolleyes: depending on location! + a new addition to the family will for sure put a huge dent in my bank time!

but however i don't think i will have the time as i did last year but for $10.00 to have some fun and put some solid healthy fish on the bank is well worth it!

Jerome,

looking at the big 4 as an event is not how i see it or even how most would see it,

for my self and im sure other anglers this is a great way of seeing large fish coming out of the wood work from all over the USA, re-captures and new BIG fish to add to the map!

altho the youth are tomorrows growth in the carp world they do have many events and new openings happening for them!

and there is plenty of time to expand CAG and carp fishing in general for the youth! JMHO.

Cheers,

Good luck every one!

Louis,

i know you will be putting up the leader board on the home page of the CAG site, will it be in the same format as the first time it was used such as the ATC?

i know there was some input on it via a different post as to where locations of the fish could have been added under each angler listed on the leader board!

thanks for your work in setting this up i know HTML is not the easiest thing to input / work with. and the time you put in to this is much appreciated!

so many thanks matey!

Cheers,

joel

Thanks for the kind words Mike! but 1st place for big 4 is a big thing!!! and don't happen over night "all tho it could" :rolleyes: depending on location! + a new addition to the family will for sure put a huge dent in my bank time!

but however i don't think i will have the time as i did last year but for $10.00 to have some fun and put some solid healthy fish on the bank is well worth it!

Jerome,

looking at the big 4 as an event is not how i see it or even how most would see it,

for my self and im sure other anglers this is a great way of seeing large fish coming out of the wood work from all over the USA, re-captures and new BIG fish to add to the map!

altho the youth are tomorrows growth in the carp world they do have many events and new openings happening for them!

and there is plenty of time to expand CAG and carp fishing in general for the youth! JMHO.

Cheers,

Good luck every one!

Louis,

i know you will be putting up the leader board on the home page of the CAG site, will it be in the same format as the first time it was used such as the ATC?

i know there was some input on it via a different post as to where locations of the fish could have been added under each angler listed on the leader board!

thanks for your work in setting this up i know HTML is not the easiest thing to input / work with. and the time you put in to this is much appreciated!

so many thanks matey!

Cheers,

joel

Joel, a tab for location has been in the works, and now so is a junior tab. :yourock:

Registration is OPEN!

registered!

So am i!!!

HHAHAHAHA get up!!!!

be seeing you in a few weeks again then Kev,

lol

joel.

Edited by joel

received an e-mail once i had paid via pay pall but nothing attached to it, just a blank e-mail,

how do i know i am registered! my pay pall payment went through ok!

Cheers,

joel.

You're in! I'm going to wait a few days before I send the leader board info, till we have more registrants :rolleyes: