Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dave_M

first report

Guest Dave_M

First time to throw up a report here. I live in the South Bay in San Jose. Fortunatly I'm walking distance to good numbers of carp. The waters range from reserviors and several mid size creeks and city parks. It's endless really. the city fish are street smart but can be fooled with patience. In the south Bay we have three water sheds that lead to Sf Bay. All of them hold carp and run through metro areas. Most have tough access in terms bank growth and steep banks. I landed on a creek about 10am to heavy Marine layer overcast and no life to speak of. Burned off by 11 and fish were slow to get moving. Once they did commit to feeding I was rewarded with a grab on the first shot. A strong fish about 7lbs bee lined thru a small brush pile and it was over as fast at it began. I re grouped and slowly moved on to a trio with there heads down. Good silt plume that gave me a chance to get with in 25ft or so. Two or three casts and one turns with a light take. Everything stays together and I'm on the board. The rest of the afternoon was tough. The fish seemed to pull of and under over hang willows the rest of the day. Worked on a few goldfish that would not eat and tow more shots on commons for nada. Here are a couple of pics. I'm curious if there is anyone else in my area targeting carp on the fly? It would be nice to network with someone local. I also have a blog here if anyone is interested about the fishing in my area. www.bayareabackwaters.blogspot.comt

post-2729-1247097340.jpg

post-2729-1247097391.jpg

Dave M

I also live in the SF bayarea.Fremont. I checked out your blog. Very interesting and well put. I also am a newbe at carp on the fly.Will be following your blog. Maybe we can met up some time. Keep the input coming

Guest Driftless

Nice report and welcome to the board. Keep us posted on hooking the goldies. They are always fun to target!

Nice report, keep us posted.

nice !!!! keep it up.

sounds like you have a bunch of awesome spots to choose from. :rolleyes: keep posting!!!