Carp Anglers Group Forums
Ol Captain

Hooch Contest 2010

It is December. Can you believe it? I decided to go home today after work. Now, I’m not talking about to my house. I’m talking about a December return to the Hooch Boat Ramp. Things are much different there now. Even the entrance is different. You can no longer enter via the road by the Auction fence. You now have to turn into the newly made entrance road immediately by the bridge. Coming from Douglasville the turn is to the left promptly after crossing the bridge.

The Great Flood of 2009 has certainly taken its toll. Trees across the way are down……….

HoochDec1st013.jpg

The Boat Ramp has eroded & widened considerably. The ramp holds even more mud that usual…

HoochDec1st015.jpg

Everywhere you look you see evidence of change….

HoochDec1st011.jpg

HoochDec1st012.jpg

HoochDec1st010.jpg

HoochDec1st008.jpg

HoochDec1st007.jpg

But (change of direction) one thing remains constant. I know in my heart that somebody from somewhere is going to hang a hawg under the ol’ bridge once again that will cause pulses to race and the Ol Captain’s pen to flow once again!!!

HoochDec1st014.jpg

There is only one problem. What could it be? I thought you’d never ask………….

In 2007 we had the Hawg of the Log contest. We called it the King of the Ramp in 2008 and of course 2009 brought us the Sultan of the Sycamores!! But these contests are in the books! They are history!! So therein lays our “problem”. We need a name for our 2010 Hooch Contest!

The Floor is open for suggestions. The Chattahoochee Carp Anglers need YOUR input!! Please submit your suggestions for our upcoming Contest that will officially begin on January 1st and it will end a sundown the last Friday in October 2010. Let’s hear ‘em! The Crew & I will decide what we like best & go with it! We are just a few weeks away from the New Year so please help us (and Come see us down the Pathway to Proper Pull-Downs !!!!)

HoochDec1st007.jpg

Great Shots Capt',

The Hooch will be BACk to its Normal Grandure in No Time at ALL! It will now have a Little more Character and that is called Change! I look forward to the oppertunity to Visit Again in the Near FUTURE!

HOPPY4

War of the Titans

The Titan of Turbulent Flow (in reference of the turulent water we had)

Edited by bigbird

The Olympian

the winner of the biggest fish caught at the hooch -------------Zeus is the King of the Gods

the winner, if female, of the biggest fish at the hooch-----------Hera goddess of women

the biggest four for the year----------------------------------Poseidon was the god of the sea

just having thoughts!!!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by bigbird

Guest TOMO

not helping with the name and a little off topic but.. i passed over the hooch(twice) on the weekend of nov 21. i was in tucker/norcross, for a wedding. just curious as to how far away from the famous boat ramp i was. i took i 285 west from the airport and stayed at the hilton on industrial parkway. my brother in law lives off of old norcross/tucker rd. we ate at a brilliant cajun creole restaurant called papa doexs(spelling)

Pull Down Fever 2010

Golden Dreams

Memory Makers of the Hooch

My favorite was Hawg of the Log. Since I am clearly a "Sam I Am" kind of guy versus pining for Robert Frost, I'll suggest the following:

Tramp of the Ramp

King/Queen Yank of the Tank

Top Fool of the Pool

Snagfest 2010

Ok, these really are horrid. I'll go away now.

How about Master of the Mud 2010 :rolleyes:

rmudflats2009.JPG

Edited by Elmer

How about Master of the Mud 2010 :rolleyes:

rmudflats2009.JPG

Elmer, while I am clear that you have likely forgotten more about carping than I know, I would like to point out that your success would improve dramatically if you were to fish in an area that includes water. I could be wrong.

The Stinkin' Monster Quest

or

The Post Flood Fattie Festival

After what the place has seen -- I guess you've really got no idea what to expect in 2010, so -- Hooch (or Ramp) Resurrection Champ sounds interesting!! It'll almost be like fishing a new water :rolleyes:

Tight Lines,

Brid.

Elmer, while I am clear that you have likely forgotten more about carping than I know, I would like to point out that your success would improve dramatically if you were to fish in an area that includes water. I could be wrong.

I still need to learn alot about carp fishing and mud walking. :rolleyes: