Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
AF Bob

2010 Can Am

Ok here we go again. Sorry but the last post was lost during the server melt down. ;) It's time to start planning for the Can Am. Two time winner, Team Canada will being coming to the USA to defend their crown :lol: ! This free event will be held on Sept 2-5, 2010 in Waddington , NY on the mighty St Lawrence River. We will use the same rules as always. One member of each team will fish with a member from the other team. They will weigh, net and score each other's fish :) . We are looking at two areas to fish. One will be free camping the other will be $10.00 a night. The area that is fishing best will be picked. Don't forget Team Canada will need a passport or enhanced driver's License to come across.

Awards will be given for:

Team with the highest points

Big Carp Trophy

Most Carp Caught Trophy

Fish Pools $10.00 per person, per pool

Big Carp Pool

Most Carp Pool

100% pay out to winners

Sept 2, 2010

Meet and greet at Mack's Tavern 6:30 pm, 50/50 draws, drink and food specials :)

Sept 3: Peg draw , team draw 7am at Nature's Trophy's Fishing starts at 9am :D

Sept 5: Fishing ends 11:00 am, meet at Mack's Tavern 12:30 pm for awards lunch :P

I will update team listing ASAP. Please PM with your info

Edited by AF Bob

:)

Keep in mind that the areas we will be fishing gave up five 40lbs + fish and too many 30 lbs pound fish to count in 2009 :D

Edited by AF Bob

Nature's Trophies

5 Main ST

Waddington, NY

(315) 388-4025

Save room in the car and your time. Please call a head and Ralph will boil 5 gallon pails of feed corn for you. I will be prebaiting for 5 days with feed corn. You will need to keep corn in the water to hold fish in your peg areas.

Edited by AF Bob

The rules.

One member from team USA and one member from team Canada will be pegged togeather. They will net each other's fish, check the weight of each other's fish and update each other's score card. At the end the captains from team USA and team Canada will add up the points from the score sheets.

Carp under 10 lbs 1 pt

Carp 10lbs to 19lbs 2 pts

Carp 20lbs to 29lbs 3 pts

Carp 30lbs to 39lbs 10 pts

Carp 40lbs and over 15 pts

Mirror Carp 1 extra pt added to weight total

Koi 2 extra pts added to weight Total

The team with the highest total points would win the event and keep the trophy until the next year. We will also play the winning country's National Anthem at the awards dinner.

Two rods, one hook per rod.

Spods and marker floats allowed.

Edited by hammercarp

Guest danop

One rod? If we're in NY why don't we use the two allowed? I'll even loan some extras out if some of my fellow Canucks don't have a spare.

Dan

Guest Welsh Boy

I believe the rules of the Can Am state 1 Rod and 1 Hook no matter if we fish USA or Canada . We need to be consistant, Fun we always Have.Bryn.

I believe the rules of the Can Am state 1 Rod and 1 Hook no matter if we fish USA or Canada . We need to be consistant, Fun we always Have.Bryn.

Hey Bryn…So far there haven’t been any official rules (at least from my own observations) for the number of rods we’re able to use in the Can/Am beyond what the local fishing regulations state.

In 2008 in Waddington, we used 2 rods

In 2009 in Dunnville, we used 1 rod

Most likely in 2010, we’ll be using 2 rods again. Either case, with 1 or 2 rods, the Canadian anglers won the event both times :)

2008: 94pts (CAN) : 61pts (USA)

2009: 33pts (CAN) : 25pts (USA)

Can’t wait to fish the St. Lawrence again. Already developing a few tactics to use on our American counterparts

It is two rods in the USA! Sorry for the mix up!

Hey Bryn…So far there haven’t been any official rules (at least from my own observations) for the number of rods we’re able to use in the Can/Am beyond what the local fishing regulations state.

In 2008 in Waddington, we used 2 rods

In 2009 in Dunnville, we used 1 rod

Most likely in 2010, we’ll be using 2 rods again. Either case, with 1 or 2 rods, the Canadian anglers won the event both times :D

2008: 94pts (CAN) : 61pts (USA)

2009: 33pts (CAN) : 25pts (USA)

Can’t wait to fish the St. Lawrence again. Already developing a few tactics to use on our American counterparts

USA USA USA USA!!!!!!!! :)

The rules have been amended. 2 rods for the CanAm in NY state. Sorry guys I missed that change.

Fish from the peg areas :)

post-1005-1265998950.jpg

post-1005-1265999030.jpg

More fish!

post-1005-1265999222.jpg

post-1005-1265999295.jpg

More Fish

post-1005-1265999491.jpg

post-1005-1265999581.jpg

Ok bigger Boys :)

post-1005-1266000270.jpg

post-1005-1266000341.jpg

post-1005-1266000398.jpg

I dont know what will be a worse beating? The USA over Canada in Hockey or the Can Am? :):D

post-1005-1266358958.jpg

Guest danop

Sorry Bob, but I didn't see a shut out last night when you played the Swiss. Doesn't look good for you guys at hockey OR the CanAm. Will I feel bad when we beat you on your home turf at the CanAm? Naw :)

We had to give the Swiss a chance or they would cut off the cheeze!! :)

Edited by AF Bob

Team USA

1: AF Bob

2: Shawn Rafter

3: Jay Foster

4: Mike Ripa

5: Joel Hockey

6: James Koch

7: Steve Conger

8: Ralph Miller

9:

10:

Team Canada

1: Lorne Morley

2: Mark Auld

3: Vali Pavloaia

4: Byrn Thomas

5: Andrew Thomas

6: Mike Leung

7: Dan Pryce

8: Vince Frasca

9:

10:

Ok I only just noticed this stick me in I suppose I ought to fish for Canada this time

Nick Tietjen

Team USA

1: AF Bob

2: Shawn Rafter

3: Jay Foster

4: Mike Ripa

5: Joel Hockey

6: James Koch

7: Steve Conger

8: Ralph Miller

9:

10:

Team Canada

1: Lorne Morley

2: Mark Auld

3: Vali Pavloaia

4: Byrn Thomas

5: Andrew Thomas

6: Mike Leung

7: Dan Pryce

8: Vince Frasca

9: Jeff Vaughan

10:Nick Tietjen

Hi Bob , with this Canada team , is better give us the trophy and finish the story

Guest Welsh Boy

Hi Bob , are we still going to keep the entry open , we could get a lot more people to sign on yet,Bryn.

Hi Bob , with this Canada team , is better give us the trophy and finish the story

Vali yes they could but I still want to fish it lol it will be nice to meet up with you all, they look pretty strong teams on both sides to me.

Lets not follow the hockey team (or Englands probable display in the world cup again) & go the hard route.

Sign in to follow this