Carp Anglers Group Forums
Ol Captain

Ol Captain Hangs a SNOW CARP!!

They told us it was coming but who would’ve ever thought it would be like this? Around 1:00 Pm I went toward the mailbox & took these pictures of our front yard and our front porch:

SnowCarp003.jpg

SnowCarp005.jpg

Within the next two hours the area surrounding the Ol Captain’s Quarters turned into a Hallmark winter wonderland!!!

SnowCarp016.jpg

SnowCarp015.jpg

SnowCarp014.jpg

SnowCarp012.jpg

You may not know it but about 25 yards off the corner of the porch sets a real live functioning windmill (that I love dearly). At its base sits a beautiful little Koi Pond. Maximus Relaximus and I talked it over & we decided that TODAY might just be THE day!!!

SnowCarp010.jpg

SnowCarp018.jpg

Folks, I have to give credit to my lovely wife Ramona on this one. She was behind the scenes and this WKORN presentation certainly would not have happened without her assistance, as well as her love for me and my silliness. Did I catch a wintertime Koi? Were we poaching on a proper Pull-Down? I thought you’d never ask………..

Click below for what might be the best WKORN presentation yet!!!!

That is by far the MOST AWSOME thing I have every watched!!!!

I think you southern folk need to see snow more then once every decade.

Man -- Max must have better nerves than me --- as I almost had a heart attack when you got a run!! :)

What will cabin fever afflicted folks dream up next :D

Cheers,

Brid.

Ol' captain, i am still wiping the tears of laughter from my eyes, i truely thought you were going to go fishing in the little puddle koi pond. You need to come up north a bit and play in some real snow.

My nephew moved his koi from his pond to a big tank in his basement. but has forbid me from getting close to them with a rod in my hand. :)

Nice try!! Here he is, just after breaking off from a nice fight. :P A Monster fer sure, but prolly not stinkin. :)

:):D

Awesome vid Horace. Mrs. Zoomie loved it !

I'm sorry you got broke off. Keep your rod tip above the pickets next time and you might have a shot at .........um......porching that beast !

Was your bait of the day a frozen plug of perfection? :)

Nice one, Horace.

Those Koi can be devils to get on the hook......... and land :)

ABsolute treasure!! Loved it.

Guest The Old Carper

Ya gotta feel sorry for those poor Southern folks. A measly inch or two of snow and they absolutely loose their minds. Snow carp usually need a good foot or two of the white stuff where they can dive deep or you'll get break-offs like that every time. Silly man... trying to fish for snow koi in only two inches. :)

When the "boys" in the white coats come, please go quietly.