Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
hammercarp

Canadian Carp Grand Prix

Some thing new and exciting on the Canadian Carp Angling scene.

MACOMAN Andrew Tyminiewski came up with an idea for us here. He has been working very hard to get this together for us

Announcing a series of tournaments culminating in the crowning of a Grand Prix Champion.

These organizations are:

The Match Angling Club of Ontario (MACO),

The Carp Anglers Group (CAG)

The Canadian Carp Club (CCC)

The rules that determine the CCGP Champion are very simple.

Anglers fishing the three events will be awarded points based on that anglers performance and the total of the three events' results will determine the winner.

The three events were chosen carefully to offer diferent challenges to the angler. There are a, river venue, a shallow water and deep water venue. Anglers will have to use a variety of different skills and techniques to be able to successfully compete on these three different venues.

The first one, organized by MACO, is scheduled on June 13, 2010. Location Cambridge, Grand River.

The second event, run by CAG, will be in Hamilton in the Bayfront Park on June 26, 2010.

The third event is also in Hamilton at the Pier 8 on September 12, 2010, this event will be organized by the CCC.

Each of the CCGP qualifying events will be run in accordance to the organizing clubs rules. At each tournament, in addition to the regular rules and prize categories, there will be a CCGP point system implemented that will be based on total weight in carp caught. Points awarded to anglers will be added up after the last tournament and the winner will be announced.

There will be no additional fees charged over and above the regual entrance fees to the three events.

Prizes for the finalists will be donated by sponsors and organizers.

More information about this exciting and challenging series will be available from the website that Andrew is setting up.

CCGP Organizing Committee

DATE CCGP qualifier organiser Location

June 13 MACO( Match Angles Club Ontario) Cambridge ON, Grand River

June 26 CAG ( Carp Anglers Group ) Hamilton ON, Batfront Park Hamilton Harbour

Sept. 12 CCC ( Canadian Carp Club ) Hamilton ON, Pier 8 Hamilton Harbour

Edited by hammercarp

This series of events would be mostly interesting for Canadian anglers due to the driving distance. In addition, the match style of carp fishing is not what all the carpers prefer. The match style is necessary for short fishing sessions, the MACO match is 5 hours, CCC will be 7 hours, and I am not sure about CAGI. So driving a long distance for a tournament that lasts a few hours may not be appealing for some carpers, although everyone is invited.

The most important and very obvious requirement is to fish all 3 events to have a shot at first place. Fishing all qualifying tourments is the only way a CCGP competitor would have a chance to place high in the overall standings.

As Hammercarp mentioned in the initial post, there is no additional cost of being in the CCGP classification. The winner of the first edition of Canadian Carp Grand Prix will have bragging rights of course. In addition, anglers can expect to receive prizes, which have been donated by organizers and sponsors.

The main prize has already been received from Shimano Canada, it is a 8000D baitrunner, great looking reel. I will post some pictures later on.

There will be a trophy and medals donated by Canadian Carp Club.

Carp bait will be donated by Marukyu, we might also have a product presentation at the award ceremony on September 12, in Hamilton.

Organizers would like to encourage other sponsors to donate for this Championship.

We will inform anglers about future Canadian Carp Grand Prix developments.

Here is a description of the reel. The guy lisps but it's still a good breakdown of the reel.

Marukyu will also contribute to the CCGP prize pool. You can expect some of these products:

http://www.marukyu.com/eng/marukyu/carp_list.html

Here is the link to Grand River venue short video:

To register for the first led of Canadian Carp Grand Prix, June 13 in Cambridge, Ontario please send your email to info@matchanglingclub.com

Limited number of pegs still available.

Edited by MACO Man

Get in on it guys. This is the first real step towards a Canadian National Champion. Determined by Canadians in Canada.

Canadian Carp Grand Prix Championship

Leg 2

The second leg of the Canadian Carp Grand Prix will be held at Bayfront Park on Saturday June 26.

We will meet at 6 am in the parking lot of Bayfront Park. Fees will be collected and contestants registered. The entrance fee will be $20.

At 6:30 am the peg draw will commence. Fishing will start at 8am and conclude at 3pm.

THE RULES

Competitors must comply with all Ontario and CAG fishing rules and regulations. Any entrant found to be in contravention of the rules could be disqualified.

The draw for positions will be made about one hour before the scheduled start of the match, which will normally last for 7 hours. In the event of bad weather (e.g. thunderstorm), the Committee reserves the right to postpone or cancel the competition. However, only a minimum of four hours of fishing will be recognized as a complete competition.

Contestants will be free to go to their pegs as soon as they have drawn a peg. This will be their ‘fishing ground’ where they must fish for the entire competition. No peg can be moved without the consent of a Committee member

Contestants may begin to check their swim for depth, current and temperature as soon as they get to their peg.

They may begin to bait their swim at that time also. There are no restrictions on the amount of bait you can put in.

Only live carp ( cyprinnus carpio ) caught fairly by rod and line and single hook will be weighed and counted.

Only 1 rod (or pole) and line with a single hook (no trebles etc.) is to be in use at any given time. Additional rods/poles may be assembled and ready for use on the bank if required.

All live and dead fish, frogs, live crayfish, artificial lures (with the exception of artificial boilies, sweetcorn and maize), flies or any harmful bait or groundbait cannot be used. Earthworms, mealworms, maggots, corn and typical (not harmful to fish) baits used by carp anglers are permitted together with the usual bread, paste and particle baits.

No bait, groundbait, tackle or equipment can be given to a competitor by anyone during the course of the competition.

Competitors must restrict their activities to their peg boundaries. Their equipment or groundbait shall not intrude into their neighbours’ swim.

If an angler leaves their peg for any reason they must take their line out of the water.

Pre-fishing and pre baiting the venue will be allowed up to the Monday prior to the event.

At the end of the tournament, to be eligible for the weigh-in, competitors must clear their pegs of all litter and be prepared to transfer their catch from the keepnet into the weighing basket as soon as tournament officials approach their peg. For safety reasons, bank sticks must be removed from keepnets prior to transferring fish. Unless attending to Club duties, absence from a peg at the time of the weigh-in will result in the catch not being counted towards the angler’s standing.

Only live fish will be counted and weighed. Anglers must return all live fish to the water after weighing.

post-2981-1276378429.jpg

A picture of the peg locations will follow.

post-2981-1276378625.jpg

Hey guys you can start registering now by PMing me or emailing me at hammercarp@gmail.com or by phone at 905 545 9078.

There will be trophies for and cash payouts for;

1st Total weight %35

2nd Total weight %20

3rd Total weight %10

Big fish %35

The actual dollar amounts will be determined by the number of entrants with the expenses factored in.

There will also be Big Fish and Total Weight pools if you want in on it at $10 each.

If this event is run by CAG then CAG rules should apply I would think. What happened to moving pegs At ten and the social "fish in" atmosphere? It was an Honor system, now we need keep nets? And we can not move from a dead peg. Sorry count me out of this one. I am a member of CAG not MACO.

Guest randyl

Hi Lorne, I see that part of the path in the map is highlighted in black, does it mean that's where the pegs will be?

post-2981-1276378625.jpg

Randyl ... Yes

John

I felt that we need one formal tournament as our part of the Canadian Carp Grand Prix. Rules are needed to bring legitamacy to the event. The CAGI was a great event but it no longer exists. I used a part of the CAGI and part of MACO rules to create this new event.

If this event is run by CAG then CAG rules should apply I would think. What happened to moving pegs At ten and the social "fish in" atmosphere? It was an Honor system, now we need keep nets? And we can not move from a dead peg. Sorry count me out of this one. I am a member of CAG not MACO.

Good point, I don't have a keepnet.

Maybe we could have some "weigh in Marshals" to keep score & release the fish ASAP? After each fish the contestant could initial the catch with the agreed weight.

I would be happy to be a weigh in marshal.

Just a thought ,

ATB Carpsava

Steven I thought about it but there were a couple of issues. One is finding marshalls and the second is the size of the venue. You solved the first one but it still might take you 5 to 10 minutes to get from one peg to the next. That's a long time. I don't think you can get around the problem of keeping a carp safe for that length of time without a keepnet or a carp sack.

Also MACO does have three extra keepnets and several carp sacks. They only charge $5 to rent one for the event. I have ordered my own from New World Carp.

Edited by hammercarp

We could use the nets just until the fish has been weighed. A tired fish in a net for 5 mins is not a problem, it's a lively bunch of them in the same net at the end of a match which is more of a problem.

Maybe we can get more Marshals?

Any other volunteers?

The idea behind Canadian Carp Grand Prix, was to get together anglers fishing so far different events. Guys fishing MACO events, guys fishing CAG tournaments and carp anglers fishing the Pier 8 run by CCC. I am sure nothing is wrong with that. Few extra prizes, bragging rights for angler who placed best during these 3 different events.

Nothing wrong with Honour system, nothing wrong with more strict rules.

It is not easy to get guys fish together; it is even harder to get someone to help out. Thanks Carpsava for your volunteering. I really want to fish this one, although blanking the first leg in Cambridge brings down my chances to place well at final CCGP standings.

Lets Lorne decide about the event details.

I can offer 3 keepnets & 6 carp sacks to rent for free.

It is a very common thing for European carper to own few carp sacks even if they do not compete. Anglers keep fish for the duration of their fishing session and take pictures of bunch of carp together. Sometimes they keep fish caught at night until the morning so pictures looks better.

Tournament organizers sometimes offer the choice of choosing the peg (like this year Baldwinsville, you could choose one out of two pegs you draw) but ones the peg is taken angler fish there from start to the end. CAGI, the enjoyable event was rather social event than true competition, although there was a winner and prizes. As a regular CAG member I do not have much influence on CAGI existence so if Lorne took the initiative to run something instead we should be thankful.

For as us anglers, there is nothing wrong to try out this new event.

Guest Swansea Carper

I will be there. After a bit of a dry spell I am looking forward to getting out more often :)

I will be there with my fishing partner (Gary Cooper - yes that is his name - I do not mean the actor) from the past CAGI events.

I am trying to track down New World Carp to purchase a keep net (or maybe 2 for the 2 of us) - if I am not able to show up with a keep net (s) will I be able to rent or borrow one on saturday?

cheers

Rick Kiriluk

I will be there with my fishing partner (Gary Cooper - yes that is his name - I do not mean the actor) from the past CAGI events.

I am trying to track down New World Carp to purchase a keep net (or maybe 2 for the 2 of us) - if I am not able to show up with a keep net (s) will I be able to rent or borrow one on saturday?

cheers

Rick Kiriluk

Hello Rick

Yes. PM MACOMAN to reserve you one.

Fellows anglers ( I thought this was better that Hey Guys ) There are 26 pegs along the black line on the image of the venue. We have 20 anglers now registered. That does not leave many pegs. Please be sure you have carp sacks or a keep net.

Here is a list of those registered so far.

1. Shane Aune
  2. Sam Bernardo
  3. Robert Bartram
  4. Roger Holton
  5. Rick Kiriluk
  6. Andy Law
  7. Randy Lei
  8. Rachelle Perron
  9. Donato Querques
  10. Andrew Sorys
  11. Andrezej Tyminiewski
  12. Steven Westbury
  13. Randy Esterbrook
  14. Dave ........
  15. Jan Kranczuc
  16. Mike Seto
  17. Gary Cooper
  18. Cam Brookhouse
  19. Jan Gusta
  20. Jim Sweirzewski
  21. Lorne Morley

22 Denis Kreze

23 Len Perdic

24 Roman Runo

25 Arvand Pouladi

Edited by hammercarp

We could use the nets just until the fish has been weighed. A tired fish in a net for 5 mins is not a problem, it's a lively bunch of them in the same net at the end of a match which is more of a problem.

Maybe we can get more Marshals?

Any other volunteers?

Is there anyone willing to help out? Even for part of the day.

Hey Lorne...Is it just weighing you need volunteers for?

I think I'll be coming down to Hamilton with Randy...I'll be there with my cameras taking some pics...The wedding I was supposed to go to got postponed to a later date.

Guest randyl

Is it allowed to get help with netting the fish? That's why I'll take Mike with me ;-)

Sign in to follow this