Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
AF Bob

Meyer's July Carp Classic

Meyer's July Carp Classic

Meyer's Pub will Host the 1st annual July Carp Classic on the scenic banks of the Oswegatchie River in Ogdensberg, New York. This event will be held to raise badly needed funds to promote events that benefit local area families.

Event Information:

Meet and Greet at Meyer's Pub at 3:00 PM on Friday, July 9, 2010

Drawing for Pegs based on sign in time at the Pub ( First signed in, First to draw)

Peg and Blind Team Draw at 5:00 PM

Pre Baiting starts at 5: 45 PM

Fishing Starts at 7:00 PM

Fishing ends 12:00 PM on Sunday July 11, 2010

Awards Lunch at Meyer's Pub at 12:45 PM

Event Cost $100.00 per angler

Total Weight: Pay Out 60% to the winner, 40% to Charity

Big Carp Pot $10.00 per angler, 100% Pay Out

Blind Team Pot: $ 10.00 per angler, 100% Pay Out

Please contact Bob Giordano at barrongd@aol.com or 315 600-0110 for information

Come have a great time while doing something great for your community

Please PM me if you will be attending :)

Checked out the pegs today. I saw at least 20 big fish moving along the banks :)

Many people have asked so here goes. We will make every effort to keep Husband/wifes, parents and children or anyone one with special needs fishing togeather.

Example if a husband and wife are fishing one would draw first and than the other would draws from the pegs on the left and the right.

Husband draws #5 than his wife would blind draw from #6 and #4 :)

Here is a local fishing report. The carp are biting well from Ogdensburg to Massena. Lots of fish in the 27 to 30 lb class. Pineapple boilies and large corn are geting the job done. Weeds are not to bad at this time but it has been windy and rainy. I landed a 20, 22 and 25lber in a down pour in 20 mins , fishing in Waddington. :)

Fishd the event site for 40 hours. Landed 60 plus fish most in mid to upper 20s. One 30lber, one 29 lber, and many many mid 20s!

post-1005-1278261835.jpg

post-1005-1278261859.jpg

post-1005-1278261916.jpg

post-1005-1278261959.jpg

Edited by AF Bob

More Pics

post-1005-1278262144.jpg

Dont rip all the lips! :D before the event starts. :)

Do you have a rough number count?

Is it a total weight or big 4 event?

Bill and I are in for sure. See you at the pub!

Dont rip all the lips! :) before the event starts. :)

Do you have a rough number count?

Is it a total weight or big 4 event?

Bill and I are in for sure. See you at the pub!

No fishing this week at peg sites! :P All pegs are being baited daily until Friday morning (6 five gallon pails of corn a day) . We have 21 anglers as of today. Pegs run from 0 to 21 in Shade Roller swim. Each peg is 35 feet wide. We have back up pegs near the Gazebo swim. We will have to bathrooms and a food vender at Shade Roller swim This should fish well :D This is a total weight event, with side pots for big fish and a blind team draw.

Edited by AF Bob

Well the event has ended and we all had a blast! Mother Nature sent heavy rain, wind, high heat, followed by dead calm. 15 Anglers fished through it all and did the following:

97 fish caught and landed :),

30 fish were lost one way or another :D

Average fish weight 20 lbs

Big fish 30 lbs caught by Steve Conger

Blind team draw Mike Cummings/Shawn Costigan

Winner Total Weight Shawn Rafter with 17 fish and 318 plus pounds

Winner took home $900.00 and $700 dollars raised for local charities

Big Fish $150.00

Blind Team Draw $140.00

Every peg had fish on at one time or another, a good time was had by all!

See you all next year!!

Special Note our 14 year old angler Mike Cummings gave the the big boys a run for their money. Catching 15 fish at 240 plus pounds !!!

Edited by AF Bob

A well organized and well attended event. Congrats. From what I can tell, carpin is starting to get popular with the locals on the St Lawrence. But you guyz have to do somethin about those mosquitos!! :)

A well organized and well attended event. Congrats. From what I can tell, carpin is starting to get popular with the locals on the St Lawrence. But you guyz have to do somethin about those mosquitos!! :)

Hi Dale

Thanks for stopping by, those bugs were bad but we got out 100% deet and that put them into check LOL

I would ammend what mother nature threw at us....

Pouring rain (more like localized flooding at each peg--get your waders out! :) )

followed by the never-been fed swarm of mosquitoes :P (1 can of deet per night was NOT enough)

wind....extremely high heat, then the dead calm (good thing there was that thing called a river next to us :D

so we could cool down)

Apart from that, the fishing was enjoyable, like to think we made some new friends, and the best part is that we raised some funds for a good cause!

Thanks to AF Bob and the other organizers for a swell(tering) time :) !!

Look forward to next years event already!

Thanks to Air Force Bob for putting on a good show and to all you St Larry guys for your hospitality. I am glad I was able to make it so your mosquitoes would have a nice meal. :)

Congrats to Shawn Rafter, it was sorta fun watching you haul on Day 1. :D Thanks for sharing. ;) I hope we didn't Bug you to much. :P

Watch out competitive carp anglers there is a new Carp Phenom on the horizon. Congrats to Mike Cummings, My prediction for the 2014 carp angler # 1 draft pick. :)

Till next time

Pulaski Bill

Edited by Carphd

Thanks guys for comming up to fish. You are right about little Mike he loves to fish, he baited and fished around the clock and he will prove he is hard to beat on the banks. Sorry about the blood donation (bugs) but they are normally not that bad lol

Sign in to follow this