Carp Anglers Group Forums
scuro

carp fishing problem

They're cold-blooded animals. Cold-blooded animals need someplace warm to digest their food. They will go to a place that's quiet and usually undisturbed. If they're full, they won't feed. Some wild fish are very sensitive to outside noises and sounds that are unfamiliar. They were fine until that guy with the camera in the kayak disturbed them.lol! Just an opinion. later

Dang..the pressure.

I suppose I should just catch one because they are there! I recently was looking over a map and there might be one way in...a small picnic table area along a side road. I'll check that spot to see if there is a small path in.

No flash...no red eye...they dart on the noise. Like noise #4 on this clip.

I think we are through spawning...It started last weekend. Iit is a little mini heat wave up here. Wait for the heatwave to break?

They're cold-blooded animals. Cold-blooded animals need someplace warm to digest their food. They will go to a place that's quiet and usually undisturbed. If they're full, they won't feed. Some wild fish are very sensitive to outside noises and sounds that are unfamiliar. They were fine until that guy with the camera in the kayak disturbed them.lol! Just an opinion. later

That makes sense!

They look like they are drugged...listless and near the surface. I was thinking about the camera noise...sounds a bit like bird...say a hawk! It is a spring fed lake with few areas that taper down and most edges going down quickly. The spots that they are in is away from the main lake and the temperature differential is significant. I could see them eat in the colder main lake and then digest and warm up in these longer sheltered and warmer bays. Most of the lake bottom is about 20 ft deep...the contour is like a deep tub. They are not starving for food. Some look like fat pigs and if a fish could waddle it would be some of these carp. The other funny thing is that you don't see any small carp in these bays. It's like an exclusive club where you have to be well over a foot to get in. This longer 100 ft "shallow and tempered bay tempered bay would have about 30-40 carp of 2 ft or over in it...all listless...none feeding.... and all near the surface or shallow(at least that I can see). This pattern ends once the water heats up in the later part of June. And since I have to drive some distance I don't think I have ever been there before 2pm...mostly in the afternoon or early evening.

So...target the lake at the end of the bay? They use the warmer part of the day to get warm...so they would feed till noon?...and how long would they feed for? And what would they be eating at about 20 ft deep on the bottom of this lake that keep all these carp hefty?

Dang..the pressure.

I suppose I should just catch one because they are there! I recently was looking over a map and there might be one way in...a small picnic table area along a side road. I'll check that spot to see if there is a small path in.

No flash...no red eye...they dart on the noise. Like noise #4 on this clip. [media=]

I think we are through spawning...It started last weekend. Iit is a little mini heat wave up here. Wait for the heatwave to break?

Hi Scuro,

You have two problems I can see,

1) you need to find out where they feed & at what time of day/ night.

2) you need to fish where you cannot be seen or heard.

This looks to be a very clear water & doubless they know you are there, & will not take any bait you have offered even if they were feeding which they are not. Looks to be a very challenging situation. You may need to prebait to get them to feed where you can fish & this is not possible for you. Only other option is to find feeding fish & present a natural bait with stealth, which is no easy task on a water such as this. The fish probably feed at first light until Midday on this type of water. You might not even have a chance after then.

Good luck,

Carpsava