Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Sign in to follow this  
Guest THE BIG WORM

"THE FIGHTING ROUGHFISH'S" Illinois Carp Championship

Guest cornball

"THE FIGHTING ROUGHFISH'S" Illinois Carp Championship

This is the other event happening in Dixon to coincide with "The Dixon Carp Thing" Family Carp Derby. The joined events where an idea I thought might give Illinois anglers an overnight event that wouldn't be to far or cost to much. The other reason was to keep CAG members from being Ringers in the Family Event But seriously, I hope that everyone can find a level of comfort and competetiveness that meets their needs and most important everyone has fun, and that familys can come out and enjoy Dixon, the Events and all that Illinois has to offer.....

WHAT:

This is a 26 hour two man team event. The areas to be fished will be announced later. All are park areas with easy bank access on the Rock River. We have secured the overnight arrangements....fires should be allowed in fire pits only. Tent and Bivy use is o.k. And almost all the pegs areless than 50 yards from parking. Facilitys and grills are nearby. And this is the first time the Dixon Parks Department has opened these areas for over nights and I would like to thank them for their hospitality.

WHEN:

August 27th pegs will be open for inspection. No Fishing after noon August 24th.

August 28th (Saturday) 7:00 am Peg Draw at River Pavillion.

9:00 am Can plumb, spod, and bait up. (Use good Judgement)

10:00 am Lines in fishing starts.

August 28th (Sunday) 12:00 noon Fishing Ends all lines out ( fish must be in at 12:oo to count)

3:00 pm Prize awards at the River Pavillion, along with Derby Awards

FORMAT AND PRIZES:

There will be FIRST, SECOND,THIRD,FOURTH, AND FIFTH place payouts for the Biggest "8" fish caught by each team. And a Cash prize for the biggest fish caught by a team. We will have stewards during the day and will use a neighboring team "call-in" at night . Should your two neighbors fall asleep be preparred to sack your fish properly. Please bring a quality scale so you can qualify your fish before allerting stewards or sacking them.

Cash Prize pool was at $1,500 for this event with no-one entered. As each team enters the prize amount will go up.

and there are prize sponsorships already coming in.

Payout as of 6/19/10 With 1 (one team entered)***

1st place $660

2nd place $330

3rd Place $245

4th place $165

5th place $85

Big Fish $165

*** Sponsored winner of the Wisconsin Carp Championship/Jeramie Maseman Big Mirror Award***

HOW CAN I ENTER

Cost per Team is $200 and forms will be available here soon and at Northern Illinois Tackle Shops, as well as Wacker Bait and Tackle. It will be first come first saved with the exception if 8 spaces that will be available to the winners of other Illinois events. The first of which is the Virden Carp event. Winners of those events will get a get a $50.00 discount on their entry to this event.

CAG Membership is required for a member of the team.

WHAT IS THE WATER LIKE?

They don't call it the Rock for nothing! There are some rocks, lots of silt and sand patches, average distance accross is 400 yards, average depth is 12'-14' with holes past 25'. Current is mild. There will be some boats during the day so bring your back leads. LOTS OF CARP!!! This is a numbers river and there are some suprisingly large fish at night. And there is always the chance of a 60# + Flathead Catfish waking you from your slumber. (All non carp must be returned alive. This is a catch and release tournament).

THE TOWN:

The City of Dixon, Dixon Tourism, Mayor Jim Burke and the Dixon Parks Department have helped to make all this possible. For three years I hounded them to bring back the Derby and they went over and above by also allowing us to have the overnight event for the euro-style anglers as well. They have embraced many a catfishermen and women with local events for years and they hope this one to be a recurring event. I hope some of you will seize this opportunity to have a good time, and to do something new in a really cool place.......I'd fish it myself, but the deal was if they helped out I had to do all the work.

Anyone wanting to register, get more info or to participate in any other way cam pm me here or e-mail me at carpfishingnow@yahoo.com

The Fighting Roughfish

Nice overview of the event, Larry. I just pm'd you to get Mike Olinger and I entered as a team. Thanks.--Frank

Hey Larry what part of the river is being used for the event located? Above or below the dam? Fish-On Bill

Edited by Bill Hodge

Guest cornball

The Fighting Roughfish's Illinois Carp Championship team event will be held above the Dam. The Family Fishing Derby will be held below the dam.

The Fighting Roughfish's Illinois Carp Championship team event will be held above the Dam. The Family Fishing Derby will be held below the dam.

Larry can you show the area via google earth. Fish-On Bill

Guest cornball

At this time all the city parks up stream of the dam are in play as well as some township and private river front property. Alot will depend on the number of participants. Areas will be opened or closed to keep the pegs balanced. If you want a place to start Lowell Park is a good place. More will be announced as I get a feel for how many are coming, and as soon as someone volenteers to show me how to do that. :)

Edited by cornball

Hi Larry, please can you count me in for this event.

If I can't find a "partner in crime", then I'll help as a weigh steward.

Guest cornball

Here is the list of teams and individuals who have requested I reserve space for them. I apologize for mis-spelling your names in advance. If your not on the list....Or your not going to fish with the other listed angler.....or you want in, get ahold of me quick. I will most likely hold the team totals to 20, maybe 24. Anyone after that will go to standby. The reason is bank space. It there are alot more teams interested I will get more space but then that will require multiple sections and I don't want to do that for one or two teams.

1) Marcin Szydlowsky and TBA

2) Josef Setelle and Bobby Chodke

3) Frank Rink and Mike Olinger

4) Dan Ramir and Scarpo

5) Tracey Jordan and Paul Wells

6) Paul Sanders and TBA

7) Bill Hodge and Dave Moran

8) Don McIntyre and Mark Locey

9) Cory B. and Rick B.

10) Paul Scott and Jerome

11) Larry H. and Sam Snow

12) Jesus Lopez and Massimo Palazzi

13) Fernando Esquidel and Honorro ....

14) Ed Montgomery and Rudolfo Garcia

15) Ioan Iacob and TBA

16) Ernest Kolodziejczyk and TBA

17) Dixon Local team #1 (names not forwarded yet)

18) Dixon local Team #2 (names not forwarded yet)

Paul Pazella has some application, and I will have some with me at Montgomery, Out at Belvidere (if you find me), At my Deck company and I can meet up special if your not to far. For those who are on the list the application has the deposit info. If someone gets real bored and wants to help out, give me a call to show me how to do a pdf, I'm still using a commodore 64

Paul has also offered up a few prizes, and I am still working on more.

I am still looking for stewards, persons to fill the CAG booth and will welcome any CAG members who want to hang out and camp with us overnight. The Pavillion has a fridge and there are grills and fire pits so at night it could be great time, and set the stage fro more of a Jamboree type weekend event for 2011.

******* Also, if anyone has a CAG sign in the Illinois area let me know if you could lend it to us, or bring it ....... *******

Guest cornball

Eric,

Thank you, I'll give you a call.

Magda,

There are rules sheets at Wacker Baits, And I will have them with me at Montgomery. I will try to do a pdf thus weekend if I can figure it out.

Edited by cornball

I just thought it would be a good idea to post this here as well as in the Midwest section.....

I was told by an acquaintance that someone put Larry Kirchner on the radio. I was shocked to find that this was true. Below is the link to the show. Give it a listen and see if you think he did a good job representing the sport. He is the first guest so you won’t have to waste too much time searching for it.

http://www.box.net/shared/static/n401i59u4i.mp3

Sign in to follow this