Carp Anglers Group Forums
Mr Big

CCC 2010

The CAG Carp Classic is to be held at Kings mountain NC this year. Get ready, its being held the last weekend in Sept at Midway II . I would like to open this thread for any questions or comments on this years Event. While a lot is still in the planning stage it is time to start to plan the trip to NC. This is the place where Southern style Carp angling started. It looks like we will have more than 100 onlookers trying to cipher out just what the Euro gear has to offer. Many locals have offered to help with rigs and baits if needed. Tony Crawford will be co-hosting the event and will make sure the red carpet is out for all. Its time to see just how easy the paylake fish really are :) There will be a bivi camp and food served on the Friday evening before the event and a full meal served at the banquet Sat night after the event.

Tom.

I will not be fishing this event but I will be spilling all the beans in case anyone might need some help gaining the title of (( Carp King )).

Edited by louis

Guest jimmym

I will be there. Big is there going to be a draw and what time will it be. Jimmy

There will be a draw for the CCC. It will be at 08:30am on Sat 25th. Fishing will start at 09:00am and end at 05:00pm. I hope we can do the paylake forum and pay out for the largest fish every 30mins and have the big fish of the event win the (( Carp King )) award. There will be a regular paylake event starting at 06:00pm ending at 02:00am the same evening. There will also be a regular paylake event Friday and Friday night before the event.

Tom.

We already have one $500.00 gift certificate being given away by a tackle Company and more are promised. I'll be posting all of them later when they are firm.

I will not be fishing this event but I will be spilling all the beans in case anyone might need some help gaining the title of (( Carp King )).

Maybe we can conspire and make it a Carp Queen title? :D:)

Maybe we can conspire and make it a Carp Queen title? :P:D

I would think it might be the your ultimate goal. Only you could make it happen. :) If your up to it. :)

I would think it might be the your ultimate goal. Only you could make it happen. :P If your up to it. :)

It'll be a breeze. I'll tie $5 bills to my hooks with a note promising another $20 if they hook themselves. :D

It'll be a breeze. I'll tie $5 bills to my hooks with a note promising another $20 if they hook themselves. :)

Wait a min. These paylake carp are stupid....... arnt they?? :D You have the makins of a very good paylakeress...

All jokes aside, we have some very good (( very good )) paylaking young ladies. I have often though of teaming up with a few of them. They take no prisoners. :P

Wait a min. These paylake carp are stupid....... arnt they?? :) You have the makins of a very good paylakeress...

All jokes aside, we have some very good (( very good )) paylaking young ladies. I have often though of teaming up with a few of them. They take no prisoners. :D

Well, don't tell anyone but I've spent my fair share of time on (Northern) paylakes and do okay. After visiting a southern paylake, I find the differences are...interesting. But overall I think there are more commonalities than differences.*

What will be the buy-in for the event proposed on Saturday?

*Of course, this comes with the "small sample size" and "anecdotal evidence" disclaimers.

Well, don't tell anyone but I've spent my fair share of time on (Northern) paylakes and do okay. After visiting a southern paylake, I find the differences are...interesting. But overall I think there are more commonalities than differences.*

What will be the buy-in for the event proposed on Saturday?

*Of course, this comes with the "small sample size" and "anecdotal evidence" disclaimers.

Louis and the BOD will make the money calls, yet to be established. Its up to you to make the fish bite. :)

This is a picture of the wild water venue that will be available at a local lake a few miles away from the CCC location. The place belongs to me and is a cmp ground for full hookup campers. although the camp ground is full the lake front will be open for all to use that find the paylake not quite their cup of tea. :)

post-384-1279653277.jpg

post-384-1279653348.jpg

Edited by Mr Big

Wish I could make this one but my schedule will not permit it.

Having fished both Midway I and Midway II I can tell you that anyone who attends the CCC will be in for a real challenge as well as some good Ole Southern hospitality. Ever since visiting the good people of Kings Mountain 2006 I have been wanting to get back down that way again.

Tom,

Tell Keith and Tony and the guys I said Hi.

PS...to ALL

YOU MUST TRY THE LIVERMUSH!!!!

here are a few pictures of MIDWAY II

post-60-1279667848.jpg

post-60-1279667874.jpg

post-60-1279667903.jpg

Dave.

Ramond, R&W, was asking about you a few days ago. The guys will miss ya. So will the local breakfast bars. :)

Tom.

This is a picture of the wild water venue that will be available at a local lake a few miles away from the CCC location. The place belongs to me and is a cmp ground for full hookup campers. although the camp ground is full the lake front will be open for all to use that find the paylake not quite their cup of tea. :D

Dear Tom,

I will do everything possible to attend the event. Is there a list of the rules of the lake at Midway II? If not, here are my questins:

- Am I aloud to use the spod?

- Am I aloud to use the catapult?

- Am I aloud to use feeders?

- Hair rigs aloud?

Concerning the lake in the picture, it looks gorgeous

I understand the camp ground is full.

- Can I set my brolly on the bank?

- Can I fish during the night?

- Do I need a fishing license?

- Hair rigs? Spodding?

- How much is per night?

I would like to take advantage of this trip and learn... Now, I understand that at Midway are taking place tournaments all the time, and I would like to walk around, even stop next to anglers, observe and ask questions of all kind. How bad would that be? :)

If I will make it, I might have to take the whole week off, so I would gladly hang around with a note-pad and a pen in my hands...

Hope to see you soon,

Radu

Dear Tom,

I will do everything possible to attend the event. Is there a list of the rules of the lake at Midway II? If not, here are my questins:

- Am I aloud to use the spod?

- Am I aloud to use the catapult?

- Am I aloud to use feeders?

- Hair rigs aloud?

Concerning the lake in the picture, it looks gorgeous

I understand the camp ground is full.

- Can I set my brolly on the bank?

- Can I fish during the night?

- Do I need a fishing license?

- Hair rigs? Spodding?

- How much is per night?

I would like to take advantage of this trip and learn... Now, I understand that at Midway are taking place tournaments all the time, and I would like to walk around, even stop next to anglers, observe and ask questions of all kind. How bad would that be? :)

If I will make it, I might have to take the whole week off, so I would gladly hang around with a note-pad and a pen in my hands...

Hope to see you soon,

Radu

no spod

no catapult

generally you are not allowed to trow in any bait except packed around your rig

also they usually don't allow floats

feeders are OK

hairs OK

no license needed

you can put your brolly up but you have to pay to fish all night then

and if people say something on your walk around just say Tom sand you :D

I bet a 12m pole would be awesome on this place.

No dumping bait. The only bait is that is which is around your hook or lead. All baits must be fished (( on the bottom of the pond )). No float fishing or anything in between. :)

Now, having said that, you still might have a point there. Just cant see you attracting many fish with three maggots.

Kev you read my mind. It would be nice to see what might happen. Many of the retention ponds around Chicago look just like that minus the shelters.

This is a picture of the wild water venue that will be available at a local lake a few miles away from the CCC location. The place belongs to me and is a cmp ground for full hookup campers. although the camp ground is full the lake front will be open for all to use that find the paylake not quite their cup of tea. :)

IS THE WILD WATER YOU MENTION ABOVE A PAY-LAKE AS WELL? THIS IS THE ONE I WAS ASKING ABOUT CAMPING ON THE SHORE AND FISH AT NIGHT. THANKS FOR THE INFO. I REALLY HOPE TO MAKE IT.

Radu

No dumping bait. The only bait is that is which is around your hook or lead. All baits must be fished (( on the bottom of the pond )). No float fishing or anything in between. :)

Now, having said that, you still might have a point there. Just cant see you attracting many fish with three maggots.

there are ways around it...no need for a float. you can just watch the elastic fly (I've done it before, lots of fun). Also How about if you stick a pva bag (maybe doubled or heavy ply so you can slide the pole out) on your hook? Maggots? I would use a pva bag full of puffs, boilies, whatever takes your fancy. Come on Tom, give it a go! You never know!

there are ways around it...no need for a float. you can just watch the elastic fly (I've done it before, lots of fun). Also How about if you stick a pva bag (maybe doubled or heavy ply so you can slide the pole out) on your hook? Maggots? I would use a pva bag full of puffs, boilies, whatever takes your fancy. Come on Tom, give it a go! You never know!

As long as you fish on the bottom and do not chum your OK :) There is a size limit to the ball or bag of bait thrown or dropped. It is a golf ball size.

As long as you fish on the bottom and do not chum your OK :D There is a size limit to the ball or bag of bait thrown or dropped. It is a golf ball size.

the official CAG/CCC Golf Ball :)

post-429-1280433644.jpg

There will be a draw for the CCC. It will be at 08:30am on Sat 25th. Fishing will start at 09:00am and end at 05:00pm. I hope we can do the paylake forum and pay out for the largest fish every 30mins and have the big fish of the event win the (( Carp King )) award. There will be a regular paylake event starting at 06:00pm ending at 02:00am the same evening. There will also be a regular paylake event Friday and Friday night before the event.

Tom.

What is the format for the Friday night event (payout and entry), and will the Saturday night event (after the CCC) be the same? I'm just curious how much money I will be losing.

Edited by TimJC

What is the format for the Friday night event (payout and entry), and will the Saturday night event (after the CCC) be the same? I'm just curious how much money I will be losing.

Tim.

These events varry as to what all the other lakes are doing at the time. Closer to the event I'll post it.

ps. who says you'll be loosing?? I just hapen to know a paylaker that owes ya a big favor. :)

Tom.