Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Pawel Sander

Winter Carp League - News!

Winter Carp League 2010 - 2011 is coming soon !!!

post-4522-1285299961.jpg

Enjoy winter fishing with Winter Carp League 2010-2011 !!!

Special Thanks for organize another edition of Winter Carp League going to:

post-4522-1285178691.jpg

Keep doing your hard work World Classic Baits to make carp fishing better !!!

Edited by Paul Sander

A couple questions:

1. Where/how do we pay the entry fee?

2. If 2 or 3 anglers blank, do they get 1 point or is the point awarded only if all anglers blank during a session?

Thanks.

Erni has to set up special paypal account, will be ready soon, maybe tomorrow, and we can make a entry payment.

If 1, 2 or 3 or all of anglers blank from group in day, all of them will get 1 point.

If one angler will catch fish and rest will blank from group, he will get 4 pts. and rest of blanked guys will get 1 points, but lets wait what Erni will say in this case.

Keep questions coming.

Edited by Paul Sander

Just a few more questions:

2. If 2 or 3 anglers blank, do they get 1 point or is the point awarded only if all anglers blank during a session?

3. If there are 4 anglers in one group and 5 in another, is the point spread 4-3-2-1 in the first group and 5-4-3-2-1 in the second group? This can result in an unfair advantage for those who are chosen for the second group.

Since you have asked for suggestions, I would suggest 4-3-2-1 for the group with 4 participants and 4-3-2-1-1 for the group with 5 participants.

Paul already answered questions 1 and 2. Thanks. What about #3?

Also, what if two guys don't show for a session. Do the two remaining anglers get 4 points and 3 points based on the fish they weigh that day?

Edited by FJR1

Just a few more questions:

3. If there are 4 anglers in one group and 5 in another, is the point spread 4-3-2-1 in the first group and 5-4-3-2-1 in the second group? This can result in an unfair advantage for those who are chosen for the second group.

Since you have asked for suggestions, I would suggest 4-3-2-1 for the group with 4 participants and 4-3-2-1-1 for the group with 5 participants.

Paul already answered questions 1 and 2. Thanks. What about #3?

Also, what if two guys don't show for a session. Do the two remaining anglers get 4 points and 3 points based on the fish they weigh that day?

will be 16 or 20 anglers compete in Winter League, so they always will be same numbers of anglers each group. We already have 16 people, and we wait for 4 more to get 20 anglers and no more than 20.

This is very good idea just in case. Thanks Frank

will be 16 or 20 anglers compete in Winter League, so they always will be same numbers of anglers each group. We already have 16 people, and we wait for 4 more to get 20 anglers and no more than 20.

OK. Thanks, Paul. So, if I understand correctly, there will be 16 or 20 participants, not 17, 18. or 19. Consequently, all groups will have the same number of anglers. Thank you for the clarification.--Frank

yes. But I believe must be special reason to will not show up on bank, that is way we are asking serious anglers to start in Winter Carp League.

OK. Thanks, Paul. So, if I understand correctly, there will be 16 or 20 participants, not 17, 18. or 19. Consequently, all groups will have the same number of anglers. Thank you for the clarification.--Frank

yes, that is what we would like to have, but in case we will have more than 16 but not 20 participants we can follow your idea of points system 4,3,2,1,1.

So very important is make a entry fee payment as soon as paypal will be set.

I hope and wish to have 20 anglers.

Edited by Paul Sander

yes, that is what we would like to have, but in case we will have more than 16 but not 20 participants we can follow your idea of points system 4,3,2,1,1.

So very important is make a entry fee payment as soon as paypal will be set.

I hope and wish to have 20 anglers.

Sounds good. Thanks, Paul.

My suggestion to rules is:

- we should do pegs drew at 6.15 am instead 6.40 am what rules say. Preparation before start is very important and now we need extra time for setting up 3 fishing rods instead 2.

What about if one angler will couhgt 3 fish 8lb each, and another one fish 24lb.

total weight first 24lb and second 24lb.

what we do with this situation???

Are thay both will got 4 points.

If not -second will have 4 points and first 3 points because his average weight per fish is higher 24lb?

check this situation closer.

first angler cought 3 fish. means??? maybe his got better spot?

or he is better than second?

or his bait is better?

I think he deserved more ponits because he was better, he cought more fish. Thay just smaller then second guy fish.

what do you think guys?

Edited by fishfasol1

Thank you for the translation and the explanation. It is unlikely that anyone would be tied at the end of a session or at the end of the league, but it's good to know that you still have a system to address it. I still have not found a place on the Winter League website to enter. Will that be coming soon?

My suggestion to rules is:

- we should do pegs drew at 6.15 am instead 6.40 am what rules say. Preparation before start is very important and now we need extra time for setting up 3 fishing rods instead 2.

I like this suggestion, too. Actually, 6:00 a.m. would be better, but that may be too early because of the drive.

Guest cornball

I like the format, unfortunatly not being able to switch will make it most likely I can't fish do to fishing shows.......

There is one thing I didn't see addressed, what happens with a tie at the end of the year, it is possible that you could have far more tied with points than there are prizes........will there be a fish off...... Or yyou could have points for total weight..........seperate points for numbers of fish......and seperate points for biggest..... I would also suggest point go 5-4-3-2-1-0 if you have five per section.

This will give anglers the ability to show there differnt skills, and the point totals being higher would most likely reduce the chances of tie-s. It will also give Magda and Eaqrnie a chance to show off their math skills! :)

Edited by cornball

I like the format, unfortunatly not being able to switch will make it most likely I can't fish do to fishing shows.......

There is one thing I didn't see addressed, what happens with a tie at the end of the year, it is possible that you could have far more tied with points than there are prizes........will there be a fish off...... Or yyou could have points for total weight..........seperate points for numbers of fish......and seperate points for biggest..... I would also suggest point go 5-4-3-2-1-0 if you have five per section.

This will give anglers the ability to show there differnt skills, and the point totals being higher would most likely reduce the chances of tie-s. It will also give Magda and Eaqrnie a chance to show off their math skills! :)

Point system what you suggested 5-4-3-2-1-0 looks like is for...6 anglers :D

We want to give 1 point for last position person in group, because will be 0 point for anglers who will not show up.

If tie happened at the end of the year:

1. Angler A 20 pts (260 lbs) 10 fish higher average weight of total fish will determine winner, so 26 lbs average weight of fish

2. Angler B 20 pts (240 lbs) 12 fish 20 lbs

3. Angler C 20 pts (240 lbs) 16 fish 15 lbs

4. Angler D 18 pts (300 lbs) 20 fish 15 lbs

5. Angler E 18 pts (200 lbs) 20 fish 10 lbs

6. Angler F 16 pts

7. Angler G 15 pts (150 lbs) 10 fish 15 lbs

8. Angler h 15 pts (120 lbs) 10 fish 12 lbs

So average size will determine winner in case both or more anglers will get same amount of points at the end of the league in standing,

if average size will be the same winner will determine by higher total weigh fish he caught during the league,

if total average size and total weight will be the same for both or more anglers, winner will be determine by higher number of fish what he caught.

Now we are accepting the entry fees.

Please use an email: contact@wintercarpleague.com as a paypal email to send money. Please use a personal option (gift).

Names will be updated twice a day (morning and evening). List of participants here and in our website.

Edited by Paul Sander

Wow! That's some fast work. Five participants already listed on the Winter League website. Thanks for the quick update.

Great anglers of carp fishing already on the list !!!

I know more big names will come :)

This winter will be special, this winter will be great !!!

Thanks again to Erni & Magda owners of World Classic Baits for organize great winter for Illinois carp fishing fanatics !!!

11 anglers signed up to Winter Carp League 2010-2011 already in one day !!!

More will do soon.

We wait for Romanian Carp Fishing Fighters :) , rumour is at least four of them will start this year in Winter Carp League, including winners from Oklahoma 2010 and Wisconsin Carp Champion 2010 !!!

Can not wait for winter !!!

Please visit our website:

http://wintercarpleague.com/participants.html

Edited by Paul Sander

Only one month left to start Winter Carp League 2010 - 2011 !!!

We already have 16 anglers signed up and ready to go.

We wait for another 4 anglers to get the number of 20 participants and get 5 anglers in each of 4 groups.

Still four spots available !!!

Do you guy's mind if some friends and I would come watch ,and are you fishing out of harley park or across on the north side of the river?I'd like to learn some tips and tactics if you don't mind .Also you can pm me for conditions this winter I live about ten minutes away in Bayview.Thanks.

Thank you for posting the groups on the website. Knowing the dates will be very helpful in planning our own calendars. I don't mind if Schmitt stops by, but maybe Ernest should send him a response. Looking forward to fishing with Ernest, Luke, and Henryk in Group D. Thanks.--Frank