Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Pawel Sander

Winter Carp League - News!

Congratulations to Dan Ramir (aka Slimy) for great catching today and getting 5 points in leaderboard of Winter Carp League 2010-2011 !!! Dan also is new Big Fish holder of the league 21 lbs 11 oz !!!

Some of us were catching a lot, some of us were catching little less, some of us did not, but no matter what was very good and funny day for group B anglers !!!

We are great bunch of people, can not wait for next sesion !!!

Nice work, Group B. You have set the bar even higher!

Here's a brief summary from the Illinois Carp Fishing NEWS website:

Almost 268 pounds of carp were captured during the Group B session of the Midwest Winter Carp League held November 14 in Milwaukee. Fishing in blustery, chilly conditions, the participants exceeded a twelve pound average.

Of the 22 carp that made the 8 pound minimum, Dan Ramir caught 10 out of peg 5 for a final weight of 127-15 and that day's 5 points for first. Dan also moved to the top of the Big Fish board with a nice 21-11. Larry Kirchner fishing from middle peg 3 was second (4 points) with 65 pounds, 3 ounces. Tomasz Falaszewsk finished 3rd at peg 4 (3 points), having captured four fish weighing 48 pounds. Paul Sander with 2 fish (26-13, 2 points, peg 1) and last year's runner-up Marcin Szydlowski (1 point, peg 2) rounded out the top 5. Overall League standings show Andy Burnagiel and Dan Ramir leading with 5 points. Mike Olinger and Larry Kirchner have earned 4 points each.

It appears as if the colder weather is starting to favor the left pegs, and peg 2 has accounted for 1 fish in two sessions; but we'll see. It should be an exciting winter!

Edited by FJR1

Nice write up Frank !!

This is my 15 lbs 3 oz from today:

post-4522-1289787377.jpg

and one of the Larry's fish:

post-4522-1289787433.jpg

Can not wait for pictures from Slimy and for interview video :)

It was great to have a productive peg today. Here are a few pics from today's tournament. More pictures and the write-up should be found soon at http://www.wintercarpleague.com/

Tomasz

post-3784-1289796711.jpg

The 21lb 11oz

post-3784-1289796698.jpg

The brawl no one wants to talk about. :):D

post-3784-1289796720.jpg

Great job guys, let's hope next week we'll have a productive day as well. Istvan

Edited by muszu

New great video from Group B fishing day in Winter Carp League 2010-2011 just has released !!!

You can watch here:

For more info, pictures and video visit official websita of Winter Carp League:

http://wintercarpleague.com/

Thanks Larry Kirchner our IL State Chair for great hosting of interview !!!

Winter Carp League means a lots of fun :)

Edited by Paul Sander

Old school of carp fishing represents by Jacob Ioan gave him winning in first round of Winter Carp League 2010-2011 for group C today !!!

Total of 158 lbs gave him 5 points in Leaderboard !!!

He also caught the new Big Fish 22 lbs 7 oz !!!

More info and results you find here:

www.wintercarpleague.com

Follow us on facebook as well !!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Winter-Carp-...64257249?v=wall

My 21lbs 1oz .Milwaukee WCL 11.21.2010

Nice fish Greg. Congrats.

Moze mi sie cos wreszcie lepszego trafi.

Pozdrowienia.

Quick news from Milwaukee venue, today group D of Midwest Winter Carp League 2010-2011 is fishing:

peg configuration after draw:

peg #1 Zenon Jastrzebski'

peg #2 Frank Rink,

peg #3 Erni Kolodziejczyk,

peg #4 Henry Burza,

peg #5 Luke Bober.

So far Erni from peg #3 have two fish (one over 9 lbs and one over 21 lbs)

Luke from peg #5 got two fish below the limit of 8 lbs.

Great, sunny day with 49 F temp of the water.

More info coming soon...

Unofficial result of first round for Group D in Midwest Winter Carp League 2010-2011:

1st - Luke Bober,

2nd - Frank Rink,

3rd - Erni Kolodziejczyk,

4th - Henry Burza and Zenon Jastrzebski.

Not many carp were caught but were big one, and now two biggest carp caught this edition of the league were caught today:

fantastic 34 lbs 12 oz by Frank and 24 lbs 7 oz by Luke Bober

It was a tough day yesterday from a fishing standpoint, as only eight recordable carp were captured. Here are a few pics:

post-1929-1291036831.jpg

Ernest K with a nice 21-7.

post-1929-1291036921.jpg

Zenon J. from peg 1

post-1929-1291036979.jpg

Henry B. from peg 4

post-1929-1291037029.jpg

Luke B. from peg 5

post-1929-1291037063.jpg

Ernest K. and Luke W. from peg 3

post-1929-1291037101.jpg

My 34-12 from peg 2

WTG! Frank :) From peg 2! WOW :P marcin and I warmed it up for you. :D

Edited by CHIBIGTEE

Very nice fish Frank. You and Tracy are turning these leagues into "no contest" !! Next week I'm posting a sign at my peg...."Frank sent me" ...and hope that monster bites again!! LOL

Thanks, guys, for your congratulatory comments. I agree with Tom Brooks' contention that luck weighs heavily in big fish contests, so I feel fortunate to have been able to catch and land that 34-12 fish (with great net work from Zenon B. and help from others in getting that thing up the wall and safely to a mat). I guess I've been really lucky, having landed four 30+ pound commons within the past 6 months. I still think that there are bigger fish to be had in that Winter Carp League swim. It should be an interesting winter.--Frank

Beautiful fish Frank, congratulations!

To keep hopes alive so early in the tournament... I hope you are right about bigger fish in that venue, but that one will seriously be hard to beat.

Apparently, peg 2 is an unpredictable swim and you have made a once undesireable peg desirable :D . WTG :)

Thanks, Dan. I'd still prefer anything to the left of peg 2. I think I had peg 2 once last year also and caught a lot of fish, but rarely did they exceed 8 pounds. I think, from peg 2, the dinks are across the way, but once in awhile you will get a good sized fish from an area closer to your pod a la Ed and Tracy and my catch yesterday. I think it has been shown this year that quality fish can come from all pegs, but I'd still take peg 5 every time if I had a choice. Watch--I'll get peg 5 next time and blank. By the way, yesterday's peg numbers were inside Spombs that we drew. Thanks, Ernest/Magda and thanks to the makers of the Spomb for this nice addition to our bait distribution apparatus.--Frank

Edited by FJR1

It was a tough day yesterday from a fishing standpoint, as only eight recordable carp were captured. Here are a few pics:

post-1929-1291036831.jpg

Ernest K with a nice 21-7.

post-1929-1291036921.jpg

Zenon J. from peg 1

post-1929-1291036979.jpg

Henry B. from peg 4

post-1929-1291037029.jpg

Luke B. from peg 5

post-1929-1291037063.jpg

Ernest K. and Luke W. from peg 3

post-1929-1291037101.jpg

My 34-12 from peg 2