louis

Pennsylvania Roll Call!

Hi all I am Bruce Herb from Marlin Pa.

North of Reading , been fishing all my life ,both fly fishing ,spin fishing for

every thing from the Salt water stuff to pan fish in fresh

started carpin 4 years ago.

Learned a lot on this site.

wet

Indeed, you did, Matt. We did some at Shawnee, too. But, I'm not trying to start anything - just want to set the record straight in the interest of accuracy. It is truly unfortunate that we have no chairs anymore. Those Marburg events were popular, and the Shawnee fish-ins (and CAGI) brought a lot of newcomers into the fold, some of whom have turned into hard-core carp anglers. It would be great if we could hold a big event at Raystown. I'd love to see what really good carp fishermen could produce there, and I believe it would generate a great deal of interest in CAG. Mark is the only member I know of who fishes it on anything approaching a regular basis. I've gone there several times to look for bank space, but there simply is none. It's a boater's lake for sure, and that's too bad for us.

For sure, Steve was the western chair for a LONG time, and I remember all the events at Shawnee, I always planned to get out to one of them...

Maybe some new guys will step up and take over the empty PA chair(s)? Someone else suggested a central chair...probably wouldn't hurt, there's a lot of people and carp in between Philly and the Burgh :)

Maybe we can get a good all-state event organized for 2011 somewhere in the middle of the state (other than Marburg).

Guest whitie

Hi fellow carper.My name is Brian Lord.I live in Exter,Pa.I been fishen all my life for carp an love did not know they had a group for carp. I fish for trout with fly pretty much too. But i love carp fishing better.I just started fishing euro style last year.Ilike it a little bit better.

My name is Lowell and I live near Reading, PA. I have made alot of good friends through CAG. As Ray stated in his introduction, we fish together as often as time allows (which may be less next year now that I am going to be a dad :) )

My name is Lowell and I live near Reading, PA. I have made alot of good friends through CAG. As Ray stated in his introduction, we fish together as often as time allows (which may be less next year now that I am going to be a dad :) )

Congrats! Always a pleasure to see the good ones multiply <3

Glad to hear that, I know it was tuff work and it finnally paid off

The name is Al. Starting fishing for carp about seven years ago, it sure gets in ones blood. I live in Western Pa. and usually fish local "lakes" like Arthur and Wilhem. Learning to fish the rivers, have fished the Mon a few times.

I am retired and enjoy fishing new sites. This retired life style has allowed me to travel to some out-of-state fish-ins in MI, NY, OH, IN, and NC. Should say my early years were spend in Michigan mostly fishing Lake St. Clair.

Still on my quest for my first 30.

Guest whitie

Hey there Lowell this Brian from exter or whitie how are you doing.Haven't seen you up at Ontelauee Lake. You an your friends i was hoping to get to see you up their again.I'm a member know. It would be nice to go carpen again. Well if you get a chance to drop a pms it is whitie e-mail is djbl00@hotmail.com.

Hello,

My name is Rob Byer and Ive been fishing most of my life. Ive been targeting carp for the past 4 years or so.

I live in Croydon, Pa which is right outside the northeast part of Philadelphia. I typically target the Delaware River but like to fish lakes as well.

Typically use euro methods when carp fishing but depending on the venue I may use traditional US style.

Ive learned a lot through CAG and have met a lot of great people I now consider great friends.

All the best,

Rob

Hi my name is Jim Barndt I live in Lawton N.E. Pa. I'm a transplant from Lansdale S. E. Pa. I fished for Carp off and on for many year's but last year I really got into it full time dew to the fact I'm getting to old chase them Smallmouth's any more. I still use bsit casting reel's with clicker's, I doubt that I'll ever go Euro stile because of the expence. Most of my Carp fishing is being done on the North branch of the Susquehanna and a small feeder stream that flow's into the river. Most of the fish we get here are in the 18 to 20 LB bracket, my best was 30 Lb.

Guest Mr. October

Hi

Pete Githens here. Also from Exeter, PA. Haven't met any of the other local Reading fishermen but I hope to. I've grew up in South Jersey and fished my whole life. According to my Dad I was almost 3 when I caught my first fish. Still remember it though. It was about a 4" catfish that I caught on a worm on a rig my Dad made. Basically, it was a stick with a piece of silk fishing line and a hook. The bobber went under and I whipped that little catty over my head and ran into the house muddy feet and all to tell my Mom I caught one. Been hooked since and fished Saltwater up and down the East Coast and many miles out to sea. But since I moved to PA I hadn't fished nearly as much because . . well Bass and Trout fishing just weren't appealing. Then a couple of my buddies introduced me to carp fishing. Mostly fish the Schukyll River and the lakes and ponds at the campgrounds we visit as well as some other area waterways. I fish all US Style. I use upright rod holders, circle hooks, corn. I usually catch more then my share of fish every year so don't plan on changing.

I did switch over to baitrunner reels for all my carp fishing though. Funny thing is over a lifetime of fishing for everything from croakers to tuna and everything in between, the first time I lost a rod was to a carp while fishing in the Schukyll. Of course, it wasn't anything fantastic. An old combo I bought as an afterthought on the way to Canada for a bear hunting trip. But it was a good weight rod and I'd caught a LOT of fish on it. But the drag stuck. I had the drag way loose but it stuck and the rod disappeared into the Schukyll like a torpedo.

Hello Joe. I hope you are well and that we meet this year.

As you have probably read unemployed and in the US courtesy of Obamacare. This may be my last year in the USA which has grown to be my home. I have enjoyed the avenues the CAG provided, and the people I have met.

Jeremy the Brit

Guest satownsend

Hi everyone. I'm Scott from Portage, which is near Johnstown. I'm 24 years old. I fished with my dad when I was little but eventually lost interest. Right after high school a late friend encouraged me to go night fishing with him for catfish. Eventually the following season I caught my first and probably smallest carp. It was maybe 5 lbs, but I was still amazed. After that I researched how to catch the big ones and came across a lot of info from a lot of great websites like this. I've already learned a lot from reading here the past two seasons, figured I should start participating.

Guest Uplander23

Hello to you all. I'm Dan from Armstrong Co., PA. I'm a long time fisherman, mostly fly-fishing for trout. However, after starting a family with my wife, we now have two beautiful boys (6 & 4 yrs old) They've grown to enjoy fishing, and last year I started carp fishing with the entire family. It sure is fun to catch a lot of grand size fish with the kids. This year we hope to increase our knowledge and land some really big fish... so I thought I'd start with CAG and this forum. I haven't yet used a hair rig but am interested to do so this year.

Does anyone know where to purchase some rigs in western PA? I'd first like to buy a couple and then begin to make my own... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Hello to you all. I'm Dan from Armstrong Co., PA. I'm a long time fisherman, mostly fly-fishing for trout. However, after starting a family with my wife, we now have two beautiful boys (6 & 4 yrs old) They've grown to enjoy fishing, and last year I started carp fishing with the entire family. It sure is fun to catch a lot of grand size fish with the kids. This year we hope to increase our knowledge and land some really big fish... so I thought I'd start with CAG and this forum. I haven't yet used a hair rig but am interested to do so this year.

Does anyone know where to purchase some rigs in western PA? I'd first like to buy a couple and then begin to make my own... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

When I get home I will send you a message about the hair rigs..

Hey everyone my names Nate from South Eastern PA, (Berks County area). Ive been carp fishing for about 5 years now, Euro about 2 years. Im really into carp fishing, its my favorite fish to target by far. Ive met 2 members from CAG so far while fishing. I fish all over the place mostly all the srurrounding lakes but sometime the river too. Ever since i have been fishing Euro style, my hookups and catches increased big time. Im getting better and better as each day goes by, im learning new stuff from a member and also some stuff by myself. This year im doing pretty well for me i got roughly 40 carp that i caught myself but i got about 30 or so for my friends... Not all are big though. Ive recently got my bestfriend into carp fishing too and he loves it so much. Still havent hit any 20s yet. Biggest this year was 18 lbs. Got alot in the teens but ust cant hit 20. I plan on improving my skills and upgrading my gear to become even more successful. I will get a 20 sooner then later. I use allkinda baits from maize all the way to bread on my hair. I still havent run into many Euro carpers yet but I know there out there! All i run into is people who say carp are trashfish, but they have no clue what they are talking about! Anyways i hope i get to meet som CAG member out on ghe water sometime soon.

Tihgtlines, CC

Welcome Nate. There are times when I make it to Berks Co. to fish. If you ever are in the Lancaster County area and want to fish let me know.

Ray

Welcome Nate. There are times when I make it to Berks Co. to fish. If you ever are in the Lancaster County area and want to fish let me know.

Ray

Hey ray thanks. And okay sounds good will do!

Ray

Hey Eich! Thanks man. And okay i will deffinately if im up that way. I dont get up there to often but we will see. And hwy when u come down to berks county area to fish let me no!

New guy from the Pittsburgh area. I used to catch carp as a kid out of the Allegheny River using corn. Beyond that, I don't know anything about catching carp. Hope to learn from you guys.

Guest RebelCarp

New guy from the Pittsburgh area. I used to catch carp as a kid out of the Allegheny River using corn. Beyond that, I don't know anything about catching carp. Hope to learn from you guys.

Hey Jim welcome to the forum! I'm new myself, alot of good guys on here

Hello, my name is Ernie Stewart. I'm one of the co-founders of the Over-The-Hill Gang. We started with catfishing and after a few years Skammer left for the Carping scene, dragging JigerJim with him. They have been lobbying me to join them for years. I resisted until last week. Everyone knows that carp are a junk fish and not worth fishing for........right? :bonk: Duh! Anyhow they finally convinced me to come down and try it. End of game! I've maxed out three or more credit cards and am trying figure out how to hide the statements from my wife when they come in :rolleyes: , but I'm ready to learn all I can. So many years gone without knowing about the real side of carp. I can't wait for the supplies to come so I can get started.

See you on the rivers,

Semper Fi :party0012icon:

Welcome Ernie! I travel out your way every so often. I am from out near Pittsburgh. You will learn plenty here and if you ever have a question please ask.