Carp Anglers Group Forums
ScottEvil

Texas Roll Call

Let's see how many Texas members we have and introduce yourselves.

I am Scott Ferguson and am the state chairman for Texas. I live in Austin and am married and have 3 kids(21,15 and 7).

I am Stephen Clark, I live in Fort Worth , I am happily married with 2 beautiful twin daughters who are 4 years old

Edited by stephen30fishing

I am Rick Wilson and I am also the texas State Chair.I live in Grand Prairie and am happily married with 4 kids(10,7,4,2.one boy out of the group.)

Brid Caveney - currently Austin TX. CAG member in the mid 90's, and rejoined in 07.

Hoping the "new CAG" is a fresh start for all :)

Chad Edwards, 37, Married, Two Boys- 9 & 12.

...Trying to get my membership status straightened out...

Ben Fox, 38, unhappily unmarried. lol

Moved to Texas in January 09 from Illinois, originally from and grew up in SE Indiana.

The DFW is by far my favorite place I've ever lived, I love it here (except for July and August!)

Just saw this - howdy!

Brian Sherwood

Houston

Happily married, two sons (19 and 21) two step-daughters (20 and 22).

I started carping in late 2006, caught my first carp early 2008. I blank more often then not, but enjoy the time on the bank.

I love fishing for most species, though. Will be looking for a big a-gar next spring and some big cats this winter as well as continuing my quest for ever larger carp and buffs.

Guest carlymoomoo

Carl Norris, age 50, from Weatherford, just west of Fort Worth.

I'm married with two grown children.

Neil Stern, past Texas Chair of CAG, got me started carping only about 6 months ago. He lives here in Weatherford also. We go fishing every other weekend somewhere. Am always looking for good carp fishing areas in this area. Know any?

Fished in the TWITCHIE Tournament in Austin last fall. Tied for 2nd place. Of course, EVERYONE but Tony Cartlidge and Keith Melrose (Team Whoopass) tied for 2nd place.

PB Carp - 8 lbs. (Don't laugh, I just got started)

PB Buffalo - 9 lbs. (Not for long)

Brid Caveney - currently Austin TX. CAG member in the mid 90's, and rejoined in 07.

Hoping the "new CAG" is a fresh start for all :)

Just thought I should add I have been Carping for over 50yrs. Seen a lot of change - on both + - sides, and am sincerely hoping for a better Carping World for us all where - especially, I have decided to lay my head :D

Guest carlymoomoo
welcome Carl, you are in good hands with Neil. Just don't expect him to put you on any mirror carp :)

Yea, but I hear his wife Jackie can. I guess she caught one before he did, and she hadn't been fishing very long at all.

Thanksgiving weekend we're all going to try out Lake Palo Pinto west of here. Looks like a really nice lake with good scenery.

Does anyone know of any good lakes in the area west of the metroplex?

Any "HOT" spots?

Yea, but I hear his wife Jackie can. I guess she caught one before he did, and she hadn't been fishing very long at all.

Thanksgiving weekend we're all going to try out Lake Palo Pinto west of here. Looks like a really nice lake with good scenery.

Does anyone know of any good lakes in the area west of the metroplex?

Any "HOT" spots?

My buddy KC who lives in brekenridge has fished palo pinto, graham and Hubbard creek. All have carp, just not of any substantial size. Although Hubbard creek has a good herd of decent size buffs

Neil Stern here,,,,,,former State Chair, and former Director. and I ran some previous Austin Team Championships,,,,,,,had tried for years to get a Mirror, then Scott ( Evil ) turned me on to a pond that had some,,,,needless to say, Jackie caught one first :)

Love the Sport and will do whatever I can to support it.......been fishing for Carp since I was 10 ( now 65) used to use an Ugly stick, with a Zebco and treble hooks, and I clobbered them) then I met Paul P, Zack, Brian, and Dave...switched to the "EURO METHOD" ditched to Zebco, spent well over3 grand on fancy stuff, and haven't caught a fish yet :P

Scot is doping a wonderful job as State Chair,,,,,,,don't envy him,,,been there,,,,done that.. :D

Carl Norris, age 50, from Weatherford, just west of Fort Worth.

I'm married with two grown children.

Neil Stern, past Texas Chair of CAG, got me started carping only about 6 months ago. He lives here in Weatherford also. We go fishing every other weekend somewhere. Am always looking for good carp fishing areas in this area. Know any?

Fished in the TWITCHIE Tournament in Austin last fall. Tied for 2nd place. Of course, EVERYONE but Tony Cartlidge and Keith Melrose (Team Whoopass) tied for 2nd place.

PB Carp - 8 lbs. (Don't laugh, I just got started)

PB Buffalo - 9 lbs. (Not for long)

Hi Carl Welcome to the world of carping, I work in weatherford and live close by, if you are ever up to the challenge we could hit up LBL and possibly raise that PB of yours quite abit, just shoot me a PM.

My first and only mirror came right out of weatherford lake, they are in there but ya have to spend the time and be patiant.

Let's see how many Texas members we have and introduce yourselves.

I am Scott Ferguson and am the state chairman for Texas. I live in Austin and am married and have 3 kids(21,15 and 7).

I am Ted Cerwin and I live in San Antonio, TX. I am married and have 3 kids (all girls)

I loves me some carp and buff fishin'!

I am Ted Cerwin and I live in San Antonio, TX. I am married and have 3 kids (all girls)

I loves me some carp and buff fishin'!

welcome to CAG ted

Welcome Ted!!!!!!Were gonna be at Emma the last weekend this month.Stop by and visit if you can. :yourock:

I am going to be in Austin, but I will be competing in the Tough Mudder. I sure hope it is not going to be 20 degrees. YUCK!

I'm hitting Emma on Friday!