The biggest change in my edition of online contest is anglers can fish from all waters in East North Midwest Region including five states: Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan and Ohio. Main reason to put those five states together is promoting local carp fishing in this part of Midwest. I think it will be very interesting to have an carp anglers from IL, WI, MI, IN, OH playing together in friendly, honor system carp fishing online contest.
I know will be hard to have public access to warm water to fish in winter all over the Midwest, but if you are ready to find one and spend some time outside in cold weather and have some fun catching winter carp you are ready to go and play with us this winter !!!
Next year I would like to try organize Midwest Regional Carp Fishing Online Contest in Summer Edition, so I really look forward to have more anglers from all states included in East North Midwest Region !!!
Midwest Regional Carp Fishing Online Contest - Winter Edition 2010-2011 will be a Big Five Total Weight Contest and Big Fish Contest.
Why Big Five ??? Big five states - Big Five Fish.
We start December 1, 2010 and finish February 28, 2011.
Rules are very simple: catch, weight, take a picture and safely release carp and after this e-mail all information with picture to me. I will be upload leaderboard and collect all pictures and results. There will be few media partners who will publish all results, pictures and reports on their websites: www.midwestcarp.com (thanks Frank Rink), www.wintercarpleague.com (thanks Erni and Magda), www.carpanglersgroup.com and maybe few more.
So if you ready go fishing in cold weather sign up to the contest and have a fun to catch "winter cyber carp" !!!
Let me know if you are interested to compete in Midwest Regional Carp Fishing Online Contest - Winter Edition 2010-2011 !!!
Rules and general information of Midwest Regional Carp Fishing Online Contest - Winter Edition 2010-2011:
- Midwest Regional Carp Fishing Online Contest – Winter Edition - runs from December 1st, 2010 through February 28th, 2011.
- This is Big Five Total Weight Contest (five of your total weight of biggest common, mirror carp) and Big Fish Contest (single biggest carp caught during the time of contest). Simple rules: catch, weight, take a picture, release the carp and e-mail all information and picture to organizer.
- All fish must be caught from waters across East North Midwest Region in Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio and Indiana only.
- There is an entry fee of 20 $ for those who wants to participate in this contest. Entry fee must be paid before any catches are submitted. Payment by www.PayPal.com to firstname.lastname@example.org (please use option send money as "friend and family" or "gift, you can safely use a credit card on the paypal page without a paypal account) or you can make a payment by person as well (contact Paul Sander for details email@example.com). There will be 100 % payout of entry fee in prizes.
- All anglers wanted to participate in Midwest Regional Carp Fishing Online Contest must make a payment and send e-mail to Paul Sander; firstname.lastname@example.org with information of name of angler and contact e-mail address. All personal information submitted to the organizers is kept in the strictest confidence and will never be used for any purpose other than the needs of contest management system.
- Do not have to be Carp Anglers Group member on the start but will be great if you finish this contest as a new Carp Anglers Group member!!!
- Contest is strictly Catch, Photograph and Release of Common and Mirror Carp. Fish must be caught using rods and reels on legal methods of carp fishing and must be released safely. Please take as much care as possible to safely land, weight, take a picture and release a carp.
- You do not need a witness when you catch a carp for entry in the contest. This is honor system event. We ask you to be as honest as possible when weighing and submitting each fish.
- After registering for the contest, you must print out Midwest Regional Carp Fishing Online Contest Logo. This will be sent to you via email after registering for a contest. Official Logo of contest must be displayed in all the photos of the fish entered into the contest.
logo.doc ( 368K ) Number of downloads: 1
- Anglers fishing any legal body of water must submit pictures of their fish captures with all required information and send it to Paul Sander: email@example.com. You must have a picture hold the carp with Logo of the contest or picture of fish on the unhooking mat with scale and logo beside. All pictures must include date when picture was taken. Make sure you set this in your camera. We prefer you display all five of your fish from left to right or right to left. Please display the fish as best as possible, and please to avoid of Photoshop interference in your pictures background. Take a good picture of the captured fish is a part of carp fishing and is easy to take a picture without showing of background of your "secret spots". Just try to do it. Organizer reserves the right to final judgment on this matter. Weight the fish and record its weight in pounds and ounces. Make sure you calibrate your scale and subtract the weight of the weigh sling.
- All pictures and catching information (weight of the carp, date, time, general location of the catch) must be sending by e-mail to organizers no later than ten days after fish was captured and no later than March 7th, 2011.
- Contest entry fee must be received before you can record a catch and submit a catch report. You can sign up to event anytime after December 1st, 2010 but all fish you caught will be counted from the date you singed up to contest. Fish can not be count prior to the official start date of the contest on December 1st, 2010.
- There will be online leaderboard available on our media partner's websites: www.midwestcarp.com (thanks Frank Rink), www.wintercarpleague.com (thanks Erni and Magda) and updates will also be posted on the Midwest Section Forum of the Carp Anglers Group website also on the Facebook Midwest Regional Carp Fishing Online Contest page.
- Anglers participate at your own risk and they are responsible for anything that happens to you.
- Any angler, who will be found to add the same photo more than once, could possibly be removing from the contest. Organizer reserves the right to final judgment all weight the fish based on the pictures of them (in case if uploaded weight of fish is much higher than fish looks on picture).
LETS PLAY WITH US OHIO ANGLERS !!!