Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

KingCarp

Advanced Photography

I too have been sold on RAW as the best digital format.

As stated before, in RAW you can correct Aperture and Exposure after the fact!

Jpg will make the most of the given situation, for novices look at RAW as an insurance for your capabilaties.

Little more work, but that is about the only argument!

For a higher end Point & Shoot =/= COMPACT a simular camera like Canon G6 [which I still use fort man/fish] is the G11, I would prefer the G11 because it has the LCD screen you can turn and twist so you can do your own man/fish photo[highly advisable as the one you trust to take the shot usually f&%cks up the shot!]

Its very easy with the timer and the remote, you can also set camera to take 3 shots with an interval etcetc. I think the G12 doesn't have that option.

So it is correct for most of ones photography a P&S or compact will do nicely, WHEN you use the right settings!

PS The Canon G12 also has the tilt & swivel LCD.

huig.jpg

If you can get your hands on theCanon A650IS this is a gem of a compact camera. i had it for a while befor i started shooting with slr's, it did the job. im sure you can find them if you look abouts. you only have to read the rave reviues on it to know its a top bit of kit. has veri angle lcd, along with self timer that is custom from how many shots it takes to how many seconds inbetween each shot. and how many second be for the shots are started. af (auto foucs) system on it is killer. along with manual side of things, probably one of the best user friendly IS camera in there range and it has the digi 4 chip, its a sure winner in the upper end of the compact cannon range. you could easly put it up there with the G series of compacts and not only that it has a nice removable ring coller to attatch canon or non canon lens's!!!!

just a bit cheper than the G series. but has the same punch to it.

Edit: for got to add it shoots in RAW+Jpeg, and PAL & NTSC video just to add to the meganess of it all!!!!

Edited by joel

Sorry Joel, I hate to disagree with you but,...its not a bad model but I prefer you guys to look for RAW

A This camera does not support RAW G6 through G12 do!

B Both have tilt & swivel LCD

C IS not for carp photo's, best you train to do yourself, the T&S lcd does that for you! So you use a tripod, while on a tripod the IS system is totally USELESS !

Shoot your own photos, its a totally no brainer when you have a T&S lcd, with or without the remote[ G series has remote!]

IS not for carp photo's.... ? say's who????? IS can be used regardless of the situation.

while on a tripod the IS system is totally USELESS..... not true!!

who is this guy...... Phill Bloom?

Any way!! I shoot manual with a 7D . I am happy with my results. no (as you put it) training needed thak you all that same.

UK tim was just looking for some info so i offered info.

no need to get in to all the facts of a,b,& c! lol.

Shoot your own photos, * i do* its a totally no brainer when you have a T&S lcd, with or without the remote * its totaly a no-brainer to pic up any camera turn it on an shoot! lol. regardless of a remote!

And in regards to the A650IS i should have said there's no native RAW support. The lack of RAW may be a non-issue eventually, as free hacked firmware is available (and altho warranty killing) to get DIGIC II cameras to do RAW. DIGIC IIII is RAW enabled. But Canon does so well in the lower ISOs that you get a great image "in camera." And this new machine has dialed back the NR so that there's more detail in the higher ISOs. when i had it I could have never imagined using ISO3200 (they've dubbed it 'cell phone') but the usability of ISO 800 is remarkable. This is from someone who hates noise and tends to stick with ISO80 whenever possibleif using a compact camera. in comparison It's not an F-series Fuji in the low light, but in some ways, it's better. There's more detail and depth than the Fuji with a bit more noise. But no Fuji has the picture quality at lower ISOs in normal light like a Canon. This A-series takes the best images yet from any A-series camera -- and at 12mp! All the feature improvements are very, very welcome (big zoom and IS) however i gues what i was getting at is the fantastic image quality is really the bottom line with this camera hence the reason i put it out there for UKtim to know about all its meganess!

Cheers.

joel.

Edited by joel

Joel and KingCarp - thanks both for your guidance.

I now know what I want - will just wait until the 'necessary funds' are available :rolleyes: .

I have to say, the pictures on this thread (and what I have seen on cemex) make me VERY unhappy with the quality of fish pics I currrently take (10Mp Finepix).

Have designs on some kippers this summer & want to get the proper shot when it finally rolls over the netcord.

I just want to say that for people who know what they are doing, any camera would give a decent result.

The 80% we 'preach' for here, don't know s%#$t excuse me I always prefer to be clear....RAW is an insurance for those that mess up even when they follow procedure. Most carpanglers when they start mess up photography, I know I did!

You can never bring back those times, so invest in RAW is a safety bet...forget how good so called blablabla cams are.

When you missed the shot of a lifetime and you had RAW, you will never forget my words!

Joel we both like cetain Canon compacts or P&S as some say. The G series are tops for our group, there is nothing left to be desired.

PLus, I use an older Canon G6 for my man/fish shots...95% I take with this camera, myself! Look on Ebay, you see great buys even $150 ...most user treat cameras like babies,it is a steal! Mine is 7 Mp and I never use the video function, other than that it has all you want and MORE.

For us 'the know it alls', 90% of my tips are basics.

Analog picture, scanned. f/3,5 Priority mode

bigbrown300dpi.jpg

i use an olympus cz750 ultra zoom. its compact and takes crystal clear pictures every time, it also has an infra red option, with a small fob which is useable while holding big carp, just the job

a self taken easy pic, on a reliable camera, fish was only 14lb 4oz, but worthy of a snap post-6880-0-45578600-1337935185_thumb.jp

I have a kodak easy share that I use for alot of my photos but alot get taken with camera phone as well I have a canon T3 but would never take that on a fishing trip in az way to many sand storms

Today I had a fantastic experience, met a VIMEO Advanced Photographer Scott Ladendorf who was field testing his aerial remote control GoPro Drone and got a chance to soak in the joy of the toy! Boys will be boys but this particular piece of equipment is just a dream come true! Can you imagine the shots you could take over your swim!?... Enjoy and please subscribe/tell a friend we really appreciate all the support!