Carp Anglers Group Forums

Questions And Answers About The New Fundraiser Trading Section

This is great.

I did this a few years back with some items I had - reels/sunglasses/bait - which I auctioned on this forum and raised about $100. I think the proceeds went towards the youth carper fund. Does it still exist?

-Marius

Hello Marius,

That was great and if you have anything for another go this year that would be fantastic :)

There is not a fund at this time, however all it takes is someone such as yourself to help get a fund going again. :)

To make it easy, I've added a Fundraiser payment block that can be found on the Forum Index and in your Client area under Donations.

And

post-5480-0-29571400-1297276578.png

Should that be net of shipping or gross and payback if shipping is refunded?

Should that be net of shipping or gross and payback if shipping is refunded?

So far all the items put up the seller offered to pay shipping, so this was a good question.

This can be done two ways. The winner can pay you and you just pay the balance after shipping is deducted.

or

They pay directly here, and we can refund you the shipping.

Either way is good, whatever works best for the seller.

yes it is a donation but we are not a charity ... although many of our members are charitable to the club.:D

andy/jd can we move all finished transactions down and current ones up in the listings .?

also while this isnt really an "auction" per se the action could get busy near the the closing time is there any way to remove the delay on posting in this section?

Edited by GEFILTA FISHER

yes it is a donation but we are not a charity ... although many of our members are charitable to the club.:D

andy/jd can we move all finished transactions down and current ones up in the listings .?

also while this isnt really an "auction" per se the action could get busy near the the closing time is there any way to remove the delay on posting in this section?

Great idea. Let me see what I can do as far as moving the old to the bottom automatically.

What do you get now as a post delay? I will see if I can clear it on this section.

Great idea. Let me see what I can do as far as moving the old to the bottom automatically.

What do you get now as a post delay? I will see if I can clear it on this section.

Thanks

it is a 30 second between post delay ....that could be the difference between winning or losing an "auction"

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was wondering. Was the CAG membership ever informed why the club started the fundraiser section? If not they need to be informed. Fish-On Bill

Bill

Yes, Andy and Mario posted details of the financial challenges we were facing early in the spring. This was followed by a number of initiatives to raise funds and/or reduce expenses. When you bid for a sack of tiger nuts back at the start of February you would, had your bid been successful, have been contributing to one such initiative.

Iain