Carp Anglers Group Forums

The "other" Half

Bill Stoltz

I wanted to let everyone know, that I have been thinking about the NACA non stop for the last six months now. One thing that someone wanted to do, was send me a story written from "the wife". I immediately thought, "WOW, WHAT A GREAT IDEA", as my wife has many many things to say about CAG and carp fishing in general. Most of which I cannot publish.

So here is my thought. I am thinking about having one quarter, or one edition/year, with a story written from a wife, girlfried, mother, whatever. Someone that is your other half that sees what you go through throughout the year. Maybe it's about things you purchase, or the dying need to boil over the stove for hours and hours on end, maybe its the undying need to charge hundreds of thousands of dollars in, as my wife calls it, Crap.

Whatever you want, as long as it's written by "the other half".

If this goes well, I may consider having one story an issue. I have one being written as we speak. Hopefully others will think this is something of interest.

so please if you have a woman, or someone in your life that would be interested in writing a story for the NACA please submit to me at your convenience.

Thank you and Tight Lines,

Spring is right around the corner.

I wanted to let everyone know, that I have been thinking about the NACA non stop for the last six months now. One thing that someone wanted to do, was send me a story written from "the wife". I immediately thought, "WOW, WHAT A GREAT IDEA", as my wife has many many things to say about CAG and carp fishing in general. Most of which I cannot publish.

So here is my thought. I am thinking about having one quarter, or one edition/year, with a story written from a wife, girlfried, mother, whatever. Someone that is your other half that sees what you go through throughout the year. Maybe it's about things you purchase, or the dying need to boil over the stove for hours and hours on end, maybe its the undying need to charge hundreds of thousands of dollars in, as my wife calls it, Crap.

Whatever you want, as long as it's written by "the other half".

If this goes well, I may consider having one story an issue. I have one being written as we speak. Hopefully others will think this is something of interest.

so please if you have a woman, or someone in your life that would be interested in writing a story for the NACA please submit to me at your convenience.

Thank you and Tight Lines,

Spring is right around the corner.

I'd love to read that in every edition!! :)

I think that is a great idea, My wife has many things to say about my carping, all bad and not to be published, but I am sure there are a select few "others" who might have positive things to say about our beloved sport.

I'd love to read it :lol:

Mostly she gives me the "LOOK" and boy I tell ya it is worse than any words she could throw at me, she gave it to me yesterday when I told her I was going to Austin again to do some fishing, she just mentioned the price of gas and then the look, then silence for about 2 hours, wow what we go through just to get our lines wet lol

Hi Bill,

we actually did something along those lines a few years ago. This wasn't about "the other half", but about "lady anglers", which... well... is often the same thing. I'm glad we tried, and we had a few nice articles, but it proved REALLY difficult to find contributors past the first few articles. Not a good reason to give up, on the contrary, this shows that we really need to work to get the "other half" on the bank, but... just that you know... it's tough!

Now your perspective is a tad different, this isn't necessarily about the other half fishing, understood, and that's an interesting idea. I'm curious to see how this will pan out. Maybe I can convince my wife to do something along those lines. Or maybe not! rolleyes.gif

Jerome,

Well hopefully this is something that will work out, basically, my idea is more geared to those wifes or others that do not partake in the fun that we all love, if it only works out for one or two issues i'm ok with that, I am basically working on giving people ideas on some stories to submit to me.

I would love to see a story from your wife, as you have been involved for a long time. I am sure she has some really good stories.