Carp Anglers Group Forums

Throw Back Issue

Bill Stoltz

As I am sure you all know, I have had some ideas for future sections and stories for our magazine. Well this post is no different. I'm sure you all know CAG has had some money issues lately, and is now on the upswing a bit. Well our next NACA issue is going to be what we call a "throwback issue", basically meaning its going to be printed in all black and white Gloss thus saving us a bunch of money AND taking us back to the days where it used to be.

Now not to confuse anyone, the next issue coming out is the Winter issue, that one has been sent to the printer. This next issue I'm speaking of is for the Spring Issue.

Now for what I'm looking for, I would like some stories from back in the day. Something about how you began carping. Or maybe a story from when you were a child fishing for carp with your dad or grandfather. Whatever you have in mind will work for me. Also what I would really like is some OLD photos. On a separate thread I am going to have a "guess the fisherman" contest. What I would want from you, is to send me a photo of you from back in the day holding or near a fish, It doesnt have to be a carp just something generally related. What I will need from you is this: Send me a photo VIA email from my link at bottom of signature, Picture with your name and forum name and your age at time of photo. I will then make a post with all the pictures and we will have the members and guests here of CAG discuss who they think the photos are. I will come up with more details for people to be able to guess who is who.

Now time to get your thinking caps on.

As I am sure you all know, I have had some ideas for future sections and stories for our magazine. Well this post is no different. I'm sure you all know CAG has had some money issues lately, and is now on the upswing a bit. Well our next NACA issue is going to be what we call a "throwback issue", basically meaning its going to be printed in all black and white Gloss thus saving us a bunch of money AND taking us back to the days where it used to be.

Now not to confuse anyone, the next issue coming out is the Winter issue, that one has been sent to the printer. This next issue I'm speaking of is for the Spring Issue.

Now for what I'm looking for, I would like some stories from back in the day. Something about how you began carping. Or maybe a story from when you were a child fishing for carp with your dad or grandfather. Whatever you have in mind will work for me. Also what I would really like is some OLD photos. On a separate thread I am going to have a "guess the fisherman" contest. What I would want from you, is to send me a photo of you from back in the day holding or near a fish, It doesnt have to be a carp just something generally related. What I will need from you is this: Send me a photo VIA email from my link at bottom of signature, Picture with your name and forum name and your age at time of photo. I will then make a post with all the pictures and we will have the members and guests here of CAG discuss who they think the photos are. I will come up with more details for people to be able to guess who is who.

Now time to get your thinking caps on.

Why not take some old articles from earlier issues and reprint some of them?

That is likely the fall back plan if we do not get any current content which is prefered.

We'd love to have guys write articles about how they first started off angling for carp with their experiences then and how it has changed into how you fish now.

Also articles on how to fish for carp with whatever you have in your tackle box, tips and suggestions for the new guy..

Blast from the past library of photos of guys and their catches from years ago..