Carp Anglers Group Forums

American carp society question

Guest mnfisherman

Guest mnfisherman

I heard you can trade in your old tackle torwards new tackle once you open your store, or something like that anyways.

What is the deal with this, is it true, can you only trade tackle bought from ACS, who decides the worth of traded in items?

yes Kyle..if you purchase tackle like RODS from the ACS, you can turn them in towards upgrading your next rod purchase.

I bet the founders of the ACS will determine the $ amount you would get for your trade-in..if your tackle is in well kept shape i would bet they'd be of more value than rods mistreated..common sense.

The reason as i was told was because that used tackle will be sold to anglers just starting out, instead of them buying brand new rods and paying brand new prices...as most know if you could buy used tackle in good shape, it would be a lot easier than forking out big bucks for stuff your not 100% sure you'll like anyway.

Also ACS members get 10% on ACS gear :D

The info. above might not be 100% correct......so dont hold me to it.

Scott

Guest mnfisherman

Does the trade in stuff have to have been purchased from ACS or if you have a different piece of tackle that is in good shape from a different place could you trade that in too?

"Membership privileges will include an additional 10% discount from the already low advertised prices and an opportunity to trade in existing ACS tackle towards the upgrade of new tackle....."

This was taken DIRECTLY for the ACS web site.

So you can trade ACS tackle in on new ACS tackle..only , not just any ole carp tackle.

Hope this clears things up, if not contact one of the ACS founders.

Scott

• 2 weeks later...