Carp Anglers Group Forums
louis

2011 Big 4 How-To Guide

<center>big4logo-email2011.jpg

Prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Big Fish, Big Mirror, First Fish Posted, and RAFFLE PRIZES to at least 10 random participants thanks to:

k1sponsor.gif bctsponsor.gif nwcsponsor.gif wcbsponsor.gifdynamitesponsor.gifresistancesponsor.gif</center>

2011 CAG Big 4 How-To Guide

An online contest for anglers across North America from May 1-31

Combined weight of biggest four fish wins

You must register before you can participate in this event.

Welcome Big 4 Competitors!

Here you should find answers to any questions you might have about submitting fish in this event. If there is anything you don't understand, just follow up here with a post and I'll help you out!

Rules

Registration is open until Midnight Sunday, May 1

Must be a CAG Member to participate

Cost: $10.00-

-Payment MUST be made with Paypal.

-You can safely use a credit card on the Paypal page without a Paypal account.

Only Common Carp, Cyprinus Carpio, Count

Anglers can fish any combination of legal waters anywhere in North America

Anglers must register and manage their own catches and photos in our online leader board -Instructions will be emailed after registration

Any number of fish can be added, but only top four count

Submissions must include 1 photo-

-a trophy photo of the fish with angler, the scale used and a printed Big Four Logo shown below (example Coming Soon)

All submissions must be made by June 2

Fish must be caught on rod using legal methods and be released safely

Live leader board will be displayed on the home page for the month of May along with links to any prize sponsors

Corresponding stories in the forum are encouraged and will be linked to the leader board

Catches logged at any other event will count, but all event requirements above must still be fulfilled

The Logo

The 2011 Big 4 Logo will be attached for download below as JPG and PDF on April 30.

You are required to submit 1 photo of each fish you catch along with it's weight. This photo MUST show the angler holding the fish, a printed 2011 Big 4 logo, and your scale. That may sound like a lot to manage, but we have designed the logo to make it easy to work with:

The Big 4 Logo is only 3.75 x 2.75." This is the size of many state/provincial fishing and hunting licenses. You can easily put your logo in a standard license holder from any tackle shop, and pin it on your clothes, or even your unhooking mat.

logolicense.jpglicense.jpg

ex1.jpg

The Big 4 logo is also small enough to tape onto many scale models. If you choose this option, you really only need to make sure your scale is in the photo with you and your fish!

scale.jpg

ex2.jpgex3.jpg

A smaller logo also means no more giant ugly print outs in your trophy fish shots :) The star of these photos is you with your fish. The logo and scale just need to be there somewhere to prove you have them. They can be anywhere in the photo as long as they are identifiable.

post-500-0-10598200-1304115421.jpg

big4logo2011.pdf

Using the Leaderboard

Before you can log in and submit fish, you must register an account on the Big 4 leaderboard:

Submissions have ended for this year and the log in page has been removed.

Click "registration," and fill in the form. An administrator must validate your account before you can log in and add fish, but that should not take long. You will receive an email when your account is activated.

(These are smaller than actual size)

register.jpg >> registrationform.jpg

Adding Fish

Once your account is activated, you can go back to the same form above to log in and add your results. You may need to reload this page.

After logging in, a form will appear below the leaderboard. Simply enter one fish weight, photo, and location at a time :)

You must fill in both weight fields- for example if a fish is 15 lbs even, you must enter 15 lbs, 0 oz.

Photos must be under 500kb in size. If you are unsure how to resize photos, check out these easy to follow tutorials by CAG member Craig Vandemark:

http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/forum/inde...showtopic=22648

results.jpg

Editing Your Results

Clicking "Show All Results" will list all of the fish you have posted so far. You can edit your results in if you have made a mistake, or if you would like to delete previous entries.

results2.jpg >> edit.jpg

Your Gallery

Your results will all display in a personal gallery anyone can see by clicking your name on the leaderboard. This can be seen from the Big 4 forum threads as well as the CAG homepage.

Adding Non-Competition Images

Do you have a sponsor you would like to shout out with a logo image in your gallery? Or maybe would you like to add two pictures of a particular fish because it was really special to you? You can!

Just upload these type of photos with a weight of 0 lbs 0 oz. :)

Questions?

Make a post! :)

On the registration form it saays:

"Registration is necessary only for new participants.

If you are already registered on one of our tournaments, please login in order to be registered on this tournament too"

Is this referring to last years "big 4"?

yeah,

but you can make a new account if you like too. Give it a shot and see.

On the registration form it saays:

"Registration is necessary only for new participants.

If you are already registered on one of our tournaments, please login in order to be registered on this tournament too"

Is this referring to last years "big 4"?

First off Saturday is April 30th and Sunday is May 1st. I would like to register except I will be gone when the Big 4 logo can be printed. I will be fishing on May 1st. What can I do? Fish-On Bill

hey Bill, register a couple days before and you should have it before Milller Good Luck.

Question: it reads caught by "rod and reel". I was going to try and enter my fish with an 11meter margin pole(no reel), will they count? Will video on you tube make a difference? thanks later

Can somebody remind Jerome to register......and maybe send him a copy of the rules in LARGE PRINT format? ;)

Thanks.

Iain

Question: it reads caught by "rod and reel". I was going to try and enter my fish with an 11meter margin pole(no reel), will they count? Will video on you tube make a difference? thanks later

Yes that would be fine. I'll change the wording :)

Ok, I paid, When I went to register, it said that I was already registered. Any ideas ?

It came through fine. Might be an issue with the wording in the auto response. Did you try a second time, or just the once?

First off Saturday is April 30th and Sunday is May 1st. I would like to register except I will be gone when the Big 4 logo can be printed. I will be fishing on May 1st. What can I do? Fish-On Bill

Thanks Bill,

I will be posting the Logo on April 30, probably even a few minutes before Midnight on Friday the 29th. Will you already be out? I really don;t want to post it any earlier than that for the validity of the contest, but maybe it would make sense for me to post it early on Friday so people can print it at work/before they go out for the weekend.

Can't wait. I'll be fishing a 5000 acre virgin water. No clue what's the size of the fish in there but at least it looks fantastic. Who else is playing? B)

post-1403-0-41350700-1303744768.jpg

Can't wait. I'll be fishing a 5000 acre virgin water. No clue what's the size of the fish in there but at least it looks fantastic. Who else is playing? B)

Wow, so everyone's favorite has dropped back to an unknown. It's any body's game!

Louis--I noticed that there is a prize for "first fish." How is that determined and verified? First posted or first caught? Thanks.--Frank

Louis--I noticed that there is a prize for "first fish." How is that determined and verified? First posted or first caught? Thanks.--Frank

First Posted!

First Posted!

Thank you. And is all this based on Eastern Daylight Time?

They look like the fish in Neil's avatar...

Having some trouble registering - when I click on the link to register it throws me back to the main forum page...

Any suggestions?

-MD/CT

Having some trouble registering - when I click on the link to register it throws me back to the main forum page...

Any suggestions?

-MD/CT

I had a few people put on the black list... :P

Thank you. And is all this based on Eastern Daylight Time?

First in your local time.

Any suggestions?

-MD/CT

Hi mike, you can find it u see cag store at the top too :)