Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Chubby Ole Mike

Pre Baiting

Guest Chubby Ole Mike

Hey guys,

If I'm fishing a Non- trout stocked pond or river- how would you pre bait and how much would you use ?

I'd say, the day before get out some

range cubes , about 5 pounds, and some deer corn, (properly boiled) say about a pound to tw0 pounds,,,,the important thing is not only getting the fish to the area, but giving them FREE BEES of the type yoiu will be fishing ( it helps to develop a "CONFIDENCE" ) so....if you pland on fishing CORN give em Corn FreeBees, if you plan on Pineapple Boiliesm give them some of them etc, etc,,,,

good luck...and make sure your hook line is in the area you pre-bait,,, I know common sense, but I've seen guys chum at 50 feet out, then cast out 69 Yards ~8 never could understand thtat???

Mike I have always soaked and boiled a bunch of corn and put out around 5 to 10 lbs of that and also a few handfulls of whatever flavor boilie I may use as Neil said it builds confidence with your bait and they will tend to take it better. I like to put out a bit more corn sometimes even closer to 20 and 30 lbs. If there are alot of carp in the area it doesnt take them long to clean you out.

Neil I have seen people bait an area and put a line in the baited area and another farther or closer as you said. I asked why and they claimed that the smaller carp will feed hard on your baited area and the larger fish will kinda partol the outskirts. idk if there is any truth to this but I have hear it from a few different people now.

Guest Chubby Ole Mike

I'd say, the day before get out some

range cubes , about 5 pounds, and some deer corn, (properly boiled) say about a pound to tw0 pounds,,,,the important thing is not only getting the fish to the area, but giving them FREE BEES of the type yoiu will be fishing ( it helps to develop a "CONFIDENCE" ) so....if you pland on fishing CORN give em Corn FreeBees, if you plan on Pineapple Boiliesm give them some of them etc, etc,,,,

good luck...and make sure your hook line is in the area you pre-bait,,, I know common sense, but I've seen guys chum at 50 feet out, then cast out 69 Yards ~8 never could understand thtat???

Thanks Guys,

One question---What's a range cube ???

range cubes can be found at feed stores I haven't used them yet but I hear alot of people do. They are made up of all sorts of yummy stuff that carp aparentl like. Check at Tractor Supply stores and places like that.

Our friendly sparring mates are OMNIVEROUS and literally they will eat anything that doesn't eat them first ....Yep, I've heard that the larger fish are on the outskirts of the chum area,,,,but certainly NOT in the next county,,,,get your hook bait in the area you are going to fish, and while there, even after a pre chum, don't be shy about putting out some more while you are fishing, to keep them there,,,,,

Range cubes are cattle feed, Mollases , corn, grain,,,and other good stuff..usually about 20% protein ..comes in 50 pound bags, probably about an inch to 3 inches long, and a diameter of about your thumb,,,, not a bad idea to drill some of them,( the smaller ones) and put them on a hair in an area that has been pre-baited with them...in water temperature of 60 degrees or so, they should last about 45 minutes, I usually use them in combination with a piece of artificial corn, so if I do loose it for some reason, the corn is still there,,,,,,,,

as water temperature increases, you can increase the chum amounts,,,,,,,our buddies are eating machines,,,,,, ;)

TIGHT LINES

They do love to eat and when doing a long session I usualy toss out a couple spoon fulls of maze every hour or so to keep them in the area