• Announcements

Jerome

Take A Kid Carpin' - Personal Donations

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I was thinking about possible sponsors for the 2nd edition of our kids-centric event (check the format of the event here if you don't know what I am speaking of)...

... and I was thinking that those poor tackle shops owners are just hammered with donation requests, and I was going to harass them once again ....

... and I started to wonder if we couldn't do something a bit different. cool.gif

Maybe some of you guys would have some fishing gear that you don't use very much... Maybe you'd be happy to see the smile of a kid receiving such a gift... That would be a nice gesture for the future of our favorite sport, wouldn't it?

So here is the deal.

1. You post on this thread a short description of the gear that you'll be ready to donate, including a pic or two.

2. Beware, the donation has to include shipping costs. Yeah, well, you're a generous fellow, aren't you? And this doesn't have to be next-day shipping...

3. After the TAKC event, I'll have a list of kids having caught a carp (with a pic being submitted by whoever fished with him/her) during the event

4. I'll proceed to a random draw, and figure out who won what

5. I'll contact the winners and the donors, and make sure delivery (from the donors to the winners) is properly initiated

6. And we'll make sure that your generosity is properly acknowledged in the NACA and on the forum (I'm sure JD will make a nice Web page or something like that)

What do you guys think? Tell me...

PS. tackle shops are still welcome to contact me with their own donations! tongue.gif

Edited by Jerome

I like the idea. I've got some goodies for sure.

What kind of stuff did you have in mind Jerome? Maybe it will give people an idea of what they can donate.

Since some kids don't have anything, will any rod's do? Any reels?

Hooks, line, leads?

Jerome would you take vouchers from a CAG vendor?

Sounds like a GREAT idea! Thank you! yourock.gif

I like the idea. I've got some goodies for sure.

What kind of stuff did you have in mind Jerome? Maybe it will give people an idea of what they can donate.

Since some kids don't have anything, will any rod's do? Any reels?

Hooks, line, leads?

Sorry, JD, I somehow missed your post.

Well, yes, anything that can help a beginner would be welcome. Rod, reel, terminal tackle for sure. Bite alarms, bank stick. But it could also be fishing books or DVDs. Or gift certificates. Or pre-tied rigs. Or bait (keeping it simple, like method mix or prepared corn). Etc.

So.... come on guys, be the Santa Claus of carp fishing! If we want a new generation of carp anglers, we have to work on it!

I pledge to purchase $25 gift certificates from the first 4 vendors to donate to the event. Those certificates will also be donated to the event.

This is gonna be a great event.ive got quite a few people saying they are coming already.

OK Jerome.....

You know I love kids events......

$100.00 Bucks to the Winner

Cold hard CASH ( Well in the form of a check) :lol:

and another $25 on top of that if the winning fish is a MIRROR

Edited by Neil Stern

OK Jerome.....

You know I love kids events......

$100.00 Bucks to the Winner

Cold hard CASH ( Well in the form of a check) :lol:

and another $25 on top of that if the winning fish is a MIRROR

You have ONE mirror in a LONG lifetime of carping and you ONLY offer $25 for a kid to match YOUR record. Don't get me wrong, your $100 offer is GREAT, but $25 for a mirror?

Jerome, if he won't make it another $100, I'll kick in $75 if it is a mirror. :lol:

OK Craig,,,,,,

if it's a mirror,,,you keep your $75.00 in there, and I'll up it to $200.00

:)

So if some Kid gets a Mirror and he wins, he's got $275.00 BUCKS,,

Now that's a great first Prize....... :o

OK Craig,,,,,,

:)

So if some Kid gets a Mirror and he wins, he's got $275.00 BUCKS,,

Now that's a great first Prize....... :o

Looks like I better get some friends down at the Boys and Girls Club to help me split YOUR $200. :lol:

Get after it Craig,,, ;) ,,,,the more the merrier....... B) ..

is Franklin, going to teach the kids how to fish???? gee I hope so, at least that way they've got a shot at winning something :lol:

Hey neil were having the takc carping event here on june 25th.What about some of the kids here?lol

Errrrr. that would be part of the national event... ;)

Frank Bahr just donated $10.00 to CAG for kids programs. He will recieve a quart of Better Bank Anglers Tournament Grade Corn Baits as a thank you from CAG and BBA. THANKS AGAIN FRANK AND TIGHT LINES. JB

Edited by jbrown

Frank Bahr just donated $10.00 to CAG for kids programs. He will recieve a quart of Better Bank Anglers Tournament Grade Corn Baits as a thank you from CAG and BBA. THANKS AGAIN FRANK AND TIGHT LINES. JB

Many thanks, Frank and JB. I'll have to think to practicalities, as I'd rather avoid cash prizes. Maybe this could be a gift certificate from a tackle vendor (possible Better Bank Anglers)?

PS. as you can notice, I merged this thread with the primary TAKC donations thread. Helps me tracking things...

OK Craig,,,,,,

So if some Kid gets a Mirror and he wins, he's got $275.00 BUCKS

Now that's a great first Prize.......

Rachel, Craig and Neil, many thanks for your generosity. Santa Claus does exist, after all! And he must be a carp angler! laugh.gif

Ok, I think that Rachel is onto something here.

I pledge to purchase $25 gift certificates from the first 4 vendors to donate to the event. Those certificates will also be donated to the event.

First, just a reminder, the TAKC is NOT competitive, there is no ranking, no winner, just kids and mentors having fun catching carp. Everybody is a winner in other words. And I'll do a random draw for the prizes.

So for those of you who just want to give a cash prize, maybe I'll take the list of tackle vendors once they decide to donate to the TAKC event (you didn't think I would fully give up on seeking donations from you lot, do you? wink.gif). And then do yet another random draw, and associate cash donations with one vendor or another. And then ask the individual donor to buy a gift certificate from the corresponding vendor.

Neil and Craig, maybe I'll break your donations down to four certificates then, $50, $50, $100, and $75.

=> And yes, Neil, your $100 gift will be reserved for a mirror catch. Hmmm, this should give ideas to some guys in RI...

Or something like that. Will think more about it, but this seems win/win for everybody...

Edited by Jerome

Rachel, Craig and Neil, many thanks for your generosity. Santa Claus does exist, after all! And he must be a carp angler! laugh.gif

Ok, I think that Rachel is onto something here.

First, just a reminder, the TAKC is NOT competitive, there is no ranking, no winner, just kids and mentors having fun catching carp. Everybody is a winner in other words. And I'll do a random draw for the prizes.

So for those of you who just want to give a cash prize, maybe I'll take the list of tackle vendors once they decide to donate to the TAKC event (you didn't think I would fully give up on seeking donations from you lot, do you? wink.gif). And then do yet another random draw, and associate cash donations with one vendor or another. And then ask the individual donor to buy a gift certificate from the corresponding vendor.

Neil and Craig, maybe I'll break your donations down to four certificates then, $50, $50, $100, and $75.

=> And yes, Neil, your $100 gift will be reserved for a mirror catch. Hmmm, this should give ideas to some guys in RI...

Or something like that. Will think more about it, but this seems win/win for everybody...

I hope you liked the update Jerome.

I'll pledge a $25.00 gift certificate for BBA mechancise. to TAKC. jbrown@betterbankanglers.com

Another Santa Claus in the making pledged four $25 gift certificates from Big Carp Tackle. Very cool. Thanks a lot!

By the way, gift certificates are great, but I was also thinking that some of you could put to a good use some gear they no longer use... A small reel, some basic bite alarms, some extra spool of line, hooks, carp books, DVDs, whatever!

In any case, many thanks for all those generous donations.

The donations for the kids' event (TAKC, end of June) are still open... I actually meant to donate those two Cabelas Predator rods. Which somebody should recognize... wink.gif

post-138-0-96279500-1305488004.jpg

post-138-0-06713900-1305488017.jpg

After sending a few e-mails to tackle shops, we have a few more donations from the professional guys... yourock.gif

Resistance Tackle: a rod and reel combo (Lightening TC of choice plus the Tica Sportera); also a RT Quad Pod. Thanks, Andy!

Saxon Tackle: two spombs. Thanks, Iain!

Canadian Carp Club: 5 sets of starter rig packs (3 leads, 3 hair rigs, swivels, boilie stops and a needle). Thanks, Jeff!

And New World Carp (Stephen) pledged to make a donation too, details to come.

Edited by Jerome

I'm donating TWO of these kits from Wacker Bait.

CarpKit.pdf

Jerome, let me know where to have Paul ship them.