I was thinking about possible sponsors for the 2nd edition of our kids-centric event (check the format of the event here if you don't know what I am speaking of)...
... and I was thinking that those poor tackle shops owners are just hammered with donation requests, and I was going to harass them once again ....
... and I started to wonder if we couldn't do something a bit different.
Maybe some of you guys would have some fishing gear that you don't use very much... Maybe you'd be happy to see the smile of a kid receiving such a gift... That would be a nice gesture for the future of our favorite sport, wouldn't it?
So here is the deal.
1. You post on this thread a short description of the gear that you'll be ready to donate, including a pic or two.
2. Beware, the donation has to include shipping costs. Yeah, well, you're a generous fellow, aren't you? And this doesn't have to be next-day shipping...
3. After the TAKC event, I'll have a list of kids having caught a carp (with a pic being submitted by whoever fished with him/her) during the event
4. I'll proceed to a random draw, and figure out who won what
5. I'll contact the winners and the donors, and make sure delivery (from the donors to the winners) is properly initiated
6. And we'll make sure that your generosity is properly acknowledged in the NACA and on the forum (I'm sure JD will make a nice Web page or something like that)
What do you guys think? Tell me...
PS. tackle shops are still welcome to contact me with their own donations!
Edited by Jerome, 25 April 2011 - 04:41 PM.