• Announcements

stlawrencerivergal

Help A Carp Fishing Town Make History!

19 posts in this topic

Waddington, NY...on the banks of the mighty St. Lawrence River, is nicknamed the "World's Carp Capital."

Vote Waddington

We have been competing in World Fishing Network's competition to be crowned the Ultimate Fishing Town USA. A small town of around only 2000 people, Waddington beat out every other town and city in the entire nation with almost 30,000 votes in the preliminary voting round. We are the only town out of the Top 20 finalists that is actively seeking this title as a carp fishing town.

Round 2, the Finals, starts today. And we need your help. We expect stiff competition from Trout Town USA, also in NY, as well as the Walleye Capital of the World in the midwest. We have before us the incredible opportunity for a town known around the world for its amazing carp fishing, but virtually unknown here in the States, to be named the Ultimate Fishing Town USA. This is also an opportunity for you to shine the national spotlight on the sport of Carp Angling. In addition to the title, the winning town nets $25,000 to support fishing related causes, as well as a television feature on the World Fishing Network.

Please join us today, May 10 at 12;01PM EST and vote for Waddington, NY as the Ultimate Fishing Town USA. This round of voting runs for 3 weeks--May 10 to May 31. Much like a carp tournament, this is a grueling competition, where only dedication to voting 4 times per day in each of the 4 time blocks will bring us the title.

You can vote 4 times per day, PER LEGITIMATE EMAIL address that belongs to you.

Unfortunately for our EU supporters, the competition is only open to residents of the US. (It goes by IP address--only those votes originating from the US will count.)

Information on voting:

Each person can vote a maximum of 4 times per email address per 24 hour period. The voter will need to verify that their email address the first time they vote. The voting blocks are not flexible and are as follows:

Voting Block One 12:01am ET / 9:01pm PT to 6:00am ET / 3:00am PT

Voting Block Two 6:01am ET / 3:01am PT to12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT

Voting Block Three 12:01pm ET / 9:01am PT to 6:00pm ET / 3:00pm PT

Voting Block Four 6:01pm ET / 3:01pm PT to 12:00am ET / 9:00pm PT

Ok guys, CAG is fully behind this. Please help out by voting as per Deanna´s (stlawrencerivergal) instructions. Let me repeat that foreign votes (non US) unfortunately get thrown out!

If Waddington wins, it means automatically a major publicity boost for carp angling as well as CAG in the US. Let's get them to the top guys!

Ok guys, CAG is fully behind this. Please help out by voting as per Deanna´s (stlawrencerivergal) instructions. Let me repeat that foreign votes (non US) unfortunately get thrown out!

If Waddington wins, it means automatically a major publicity boost for carp angling as well as CAG in the US. Let's get them to the top guys!

Thanks, Mario!

Can we get this post moved somewhere more conspicuous?

last time I checked you were in the lead

last time I checked you were in the lead

We were just overtaken by Trout Town ... this is a 3 week long voting battle... there's plenty of time to move up and down, but what got us the wiin inthe first round was getting out strong in the beginning and never looking back. it will not be that easy this time.

We were just overtaken by Trout Town ... this is a 3 week long voting battle... there's plenty of time to move up and down, but what got us the wiin inthe first round was getting out strong in the beginning and never looking back. it will not be that easy this time.

We can utilize "proxy voting" to maximize our votes.

If you have voted once and verified your email address as per the instructions, copy and paste the below message, along with all email addresses you wish for me to use, into an email and send it to me at: uft13694@gmail.com. I do not need any passwords or anything else besides the email address, so your personal information is secure.

Please let this email serve as my official permission for a representative of the Waddington Chamber of Commerce to vote for Waddington, NY on my behalf in the Ultimate Fishing Town USA contest which runs until May 31, 2011.

Edited by stlawrencerivergal

We can utilize "proxy voting" to maximize our votes.

If you have voted once and verified your email address as per the instructions, copy and paste the below message, along with all email addresses you wish for me to use, into an email and send it to me at: uft13694@gmail.com. I do not need any passwords or anything else besides the email address, so your personal information is secure.

Please let this email serve as my official permission for a representative of the Waddington Chamber of Commerce to vote for Waddington, NY on my behalf in the Ultimate Fishing Town USA contest which runs until May 31, 2011.

That's perfect. I'll be sharing this info with all our members by email shortly. ;)

Not good skills to only allow US votes, if it's 'truly' a fishing town it will attract international visitors.....

Not good skills to only allow US votes, if it's 'truly' a fishing town it will attract international visitors.....

Fully agreed, but not a decision of Waddington of course but of the WFN, the event organizers. At least it impacts all towns and not just one.

voted and sent you proxy Kathy

aaahhhh....don't get me started! LOL if we had all of supporters from Europe, it would be a "sit down, shut up" kind of situation. alas, this is on our backs. the best way for non-US supporters to help is to contact all of your American cohorts, tell them about the competition and get them to vote 4 times, every day, per email address for the next three weeks..

OK, we started out strong, but Trout Town is starting out stronger... we are now 200 behind! We need those 600 CAG members to jump on board quick before we get too far behind to catch up! :o

As Mario said, show those Trout people who the king of the freshwater is!

done

Job done here B)

Just sent the proxy deal with 4 emails B)

done===again

Just voted, verified and sent the proxy along with four other emails.

I also took stlawrencerivergal's first post about Waddington and the voting and made a new topic about it with the link to vote on the Indiana Carp Talk forums. Hope this helps out.

Edited by Jathan

Just voted, verified and sent theproxy along with four other emails.

I also took stlawrencerivergal's first post about Waddington and the voting and made a new topic about it with the link to vote on the Indiana Carp Talk forums. Hope this helps out.

Thanks guys, they can really use our help. Looks like trout's kicking some carp butt for the moment. They have a 500 vote lead at the moment. We can't have that now can we? B)

Done.

We have lots of memories from the area. Got my PB with weight unknown (it maxed out the scale with capacity of 32 LB); picking the left over gears and talking to Ralph, the friendly owner, at the Nature's Trophies after the Junior's; scramble for cash at Phil’s, wouldn't take charge, downtown Ogdensburg, and how friendly the locals are.

Voted 3 addresses and sent you proxies for all three.

Voted 3 addresses and sent you proxies for all three.

Craig, I didn't get your email with the proxy info.

Please resend? uft13694@gmail.com

thanks

voted ....

Come on guys, are we really gonna let a trout beat a carp? That's just not right! Trouttown is beating Carpville by a few hundres votes...Got get'm B)