• This topic is locked This topic is locked
72 replies to this topic

#1 stlawrencerivergal

stlawrencerivergal

Advanced Poster

• Forum Guest
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:37 AM

Waddington, NY...on the banks of the mighty St. Lawrence River, is nicknamed the "World's Carp Capital."

Vote Waddington

We have been competing in World Fishing Network's competition to be crowned the Ultimate Fishing Town USA. A small town of around only 2000 people, Waddington beat out every other town and city in the entire nation with almost 30,000 votes in the preliminary voting round. We are the only town out of the Top 20 finalists that is actively seeking this title as a carp fishing town.

Round 2, the Finals, starts today. And we need your help. We expect stiff competition from Trout Town USA, also in NY, as well as the Walleye Capital of the World in the midwest. We have before us the incredible opportunity for a town known around the world for its amazing carp fishing, but virtually unknown here in the States, to be named the Ultimate Fishing Town USA. This is also an opportunity for you to shine the national spotlight on the sport of Carp Angling. In addition to the title, the winning town nets $25,000 to support fishing related causes, as well as a television feature on the World Fishing Network.

Please join us today, May 10 at 12;01PM EST and vote for Waddington, NY as the Ultimate Fishing Town USA. This round of voting runs for 3 weeks--May 10 to May 31. Much like a carp tournament, this is a grueling competition, where only dedication to voting 4 times per day in each of the 4 time blocks will bring us the title.

You can vote 4 times per day, PER LEGITIMATE EMAIL address that belongs to you.

Unfortunately for our EU supporters, the competition is only open to residents of the US. (It goes by IP address--only those votes originating from the US will count.)

Information on voting:
Each person can vote a maximum of 4 times per email address per 24 hour period. The voter will need to verify that their email address the first time they vote. The voting blocks are not flexible and are as follows:

Voting Block One 12:01am ET / 9:01pm PT to 6:00am ET / 3:00am PT
Voting Block Two 6:01am ET / 3:01am PT to12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT
Voting Block Three 12:01pm ET / 9:01am PT to 6:00pm ET / 3:00pm PT
Voting Block Four 6:01pm ET / 3:01pm PT to 12:00am ET / 9:00pm PT

#2 Mario Kok

Mario Kok

Chasing dreams...

• CAG Member
  • 7,330 posts
  • Who Referred you?:NA

Posted 10 May 2011 - 09:59 AM

Ok guys, CAG is fully behind this. Please help out by voting as per Deanna´s (stlawrencerivergal) instructions. Let me repeat that foreign votes (non US) unfortunately get thrown out!

If Waddington wins, it means automatically a major publicity boost for carp angling as well as CAG in the US. Let's get them to the top guys!

ConKOKtion

#3 stlawrencerivergal

stlawrencerivergal

Advanced Poster

• Forum Guest
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:58 AM

Ok guys, CAG is fully behind this. Please help out by voting as per Deanna´s (stlawrencerivergal) instructions. Let me repeat that foreign votes (non US) unfortunately get thrown out!

If Waddington wins, it means automatically a major publicity boost for carp angling as well as CAG in the US. Let's get them to the top guys!

Thanks, Mario!

Can we get this post moved somewhere more conspicuous?

#4 Neil Stern

Neil Stern

" The Scuba Doc"

• CAG Member
  • 11,561 posts
  • Interests:CARP FISHING..BOATING....dabbing in Electricity...Natural Health and of course SCUBA DIVING & Underwater Photography
  • Who Referred you?:Brian & Zack

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

last time I checked you were in the lead

Neil 50.gif

2005, 2006, 2007,2012,2013,2014- ATC- Organizer
Past Membership Director 2005-2009
Champion of the Queen Recipient

IN TEXAS, everything is bigger...even the CARP!
Got the 20, Got the 30, Working on the 4028.gif
Mirror, Mirror in the Lake OR POND--I GOT YA party_14.gif
Now off to get a KOI Rainbow.gif
Before Jackie does !!!
freude_16.gif

out of retirement and back in practice

STAR RATING AWARDED BY MYSELF
happy0065.gif happy0065.gifhappy0065.gif happy0065.gifhappy0065.gif

#5 stlawrencerivergal

stlawrencerivergal

Advanced Poster

• Forum Guest
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:23 AM

last time I checked you were in the lead

We were just overtaken by Trout Town ... this is a 3 week long voting battle... there's plenty of time to move up and down, but what got us the wiin inthe first round was getting out strong in the beginning and never looking back. it will not be that easy this time.

#6 stlawrencerivergal

stlawrencerivergal

Advanced Poster

• Forum Guest
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

We were just overtaken by Trout Town ... this is a 3 week long voting battle... there's plenty of time to move up and down, but what got us the wiin inthe first round was getting out strong in the beginning and never looking back. it will not be that easy this time.

We can utilize "proxy voting" to maximize our votes.

If you have voted once and verified your email address as per the instructions, copy and paste the below message, along with all email addresses you wish for me to use, into an email and send it to me at: uft13694@gmail.com. I do not need any passwords or anything else besides the email address, so your personal information is secure.

Please let this email serve as my official permission for a representative of the Waddington Chamber of Commerce to vote for Waddington, NY on my behalf in the Ultimate Fishing Town USA contest which runs until May 31, 2011.

Edited by stlawrencerivergal, 10 May 2011 - 12:16 PM.

#7 Mario Kok

Mario Kok

Chasing dreams...

• CAG Member
  • 7,330 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:17 PM

We can utilize "proxy voting" to maximize our votes.

If you have voted once and verified your email address as per the instructions, copy and paste the below message, along with all email addresses you wish for me to use, into an email and send it to me at: uft13694@gmail.com. I do not need any passwords or anything else besides the email address, so your personal information is secure.

Please let this email serve as my official permission for a representative of the Waddington Chamber of Commerce to vote for Waddington, NY on my behalf in the Ultimate Fishing Town USA contest which runs until May 31, 2011.

That's perfect. I'll be sharing this info with all our members by email shortly. ;)

ConKOKtion

#8 marcus

marcus

Obsessed Carper

• E-Member
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

Not good skills to only allow US votes, if it's 'truly' a fishing town it will attract international visitors.....
This is where I brag about my best fish from 20 different waters

This where I put an in Joke

This is where I put something that makes me sound intelligent

Here's some poncy latin stuff

This is a link to a website that makes me look really cool

Here's the people who I once bought 5lb of boilies from

If I'm lucky this is a link to a sponsor who gave me some hooks and some Kryston Snake Bite once

#9 Mario Kok

Mario Kok

Chasing dreams...

• CAG Member
  • 7,330 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:38 PM

Not good skills to only allow US votes, if it's 'truly' a fishing town it will attract international visitors.....

Fully agreed, but not a decision of Waddington of course but of the WFN, the event organizers. At least it impacts all towns and not just one.

ConKOKtion

#10 GEFILTA FISHER

GEFILTA FISHER

NATITUDE

• State Chair
  • 10,292 posts
  • Interests:many and varied
    all types of fishing
    world peace
  • Who Referred you?:christian

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

voted and sent you proxy Kathy

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

MARK
Washington, DC Chairman

Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity...

"BE AFRAID TO DIE ,UNTIL YOU HAVE WON SOME VICTORY FOR HUMANITY"

Fishing is the chance to wash one's soul with pure air.
It brings meekness and inspiration, reduces our egoism,
soothes our troubles and shames our wickedness.
It is discipline in the equality of men--for all men
are equal before fish.etcp reigns supreme
--President Herbert Hoover , New York Herald Tribune, May 10, 1947.

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." GWB 9/2000

on second thought .....bad idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users