Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

CHIBIGTEE

Windy City Carp League 2011 Rd. 1

Hello fellow carpers, Tracy here. We finally made it to the new season. The first weekend was just like the recent weather here in Chicago, finnicky, fickle and feisty. Saturday started cloudy, misty, and alittle fog. The truck read 57 degrees and weatherman predicted 67 for a high. It drizzled and sprinkled on and off all day but at least the wind was only a breeze. The fishing was no where near what it has been for the past few year's but the guy's were able to wrangle a few beauties. Newcomer Zhelko won total weight the first day with just over 50lbs. and big fish of 21-9. 2nd was current CAG secretary Dan Remir with just under 48lbs. and big fish of 18-3. Big fish of the day and weekend was 28lbs. even caught by yours truly. Hey Mr. Fitz, Your reels performed wonderfully and handled that fish with no problem. Thanks! :) Sunday was the mirror image of saturday. The day started at 67 degrees and was expected to reach 85 and sunny. Although the weatherman sent nice weather to begin the day, it could get nasty later. The wind also reared its ugly head again. There were some nice fish caught in the time we were given. Total weight was taken by Larry with just under 43lbs. and only 2 fish both 21+lbs. I edged out Marcin by 2 ounces for second and a big fish of 19-5. Marcin did leave with a smile because he took home big fish of the day witha 27+lb. mirror. I want to apologise to some of the members for having to make an executive decision today. On Dan's marine weather radio, we heard that a tornado warning was issued for 2:30 p.m. and I decided to call it a day an hour early at 3p.m. The league members staying safe has to take priority. A special thanks goes out to Dr. Rink for offering to post the league numbers in fashion that's way better than I could do on his website. Thanks Frank! :yourock: The league fishes Jackson Park harbor next month, see you then. later

Edited by CHIBIGTEE

It was tough fishing at the lagoon this weekend with some of our top anglers blanking when the call to stop the tournament an hour early came. The tornado warning for the area, the strong winds and threatening clouds didn't get to beyond threatening but to stop the tournament an hour early was still a good call. Better to err on the side of safety.

It was good to see everyone and welcome new anglers, Zhelko, Mike and new CAG member John Glusak!

Thank you to Larry for feeding everyone with dogs and brats! :yourock:

I do have a few more pictures. Fell asleep trying to post what I posted. More later

I think shirts should be required in these photos, lol :o

:lol: Wasn't there a vest hanging around somewhere?

I had anticipated that you would have to catch 50 to 75 pounds for your top 3 this weekend to establish a good foundation for the five venue race, but the top three finishers caught 54 to 59 pounds, which was a few pounds less than expected. That still might be tough for the rest of us to catch, as 4th through 11th place caught 37 to 0 pounds. Nevertheless, it should be interesting at Jackson in less than three weeks. Good luck to all.--Frank

WCCL 2011 website here!

I write this with fingers crossed, The weather is 3 weeks behind schedule(roughly). The next league match is 3 weeks away. Jackson Parl Harbor will yield the 60 to 70lbs. for 3 fish. Now if the carp gods and weather gods can get together that weekend, WE all should have a hauling time. :P;):)

Trying to stay infront of you steamrollers is not an easy task. I will wear the target proudly until flattened and blown away. :D

I jinxed myself now. I upgraded from wal-mart rods to top of the line rods from Paul at Wacker. Thanks again Paul!

And another thing, Larry K. Mc Donalds is no good for you, i seen you there today in Westchester.