Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

I've been to many places in the last few days and the carp are spawning all over the place. This is right on schedule since Memorial Day weekend has been the spawning time in the past. Note that they generally don't hit while spawning. The spawn should continue for a few days. After that expect the action to be very good.

Want to see a video of carp spawning that I shot a few days ago......go to www.ricarpfishing.blogspot.com

I've been to many places in the last few days and the carp are spawning all over the place. This is right on schedule since Memorial Day weekend has been the spawning time in the past. Note that they generally don't hit while spawning. The spawn should continue for a few days. After that expect the action to be very good.

Want to see a video of carp spawning that I shot a few days ago......go to www.ricarpfishing.blogspot.com

I would get out there and still be fishing. The lakes here it seems like the little ones spawn first and then the big ones. I used to take a few days off also when I saw them spawning but after fishing in another section of the lake there was still big fish to be had. I had quite a few pb's while the spawn was in full swing. I don't think you will catch while they are doing there thing in that spot but try a spot farther away and you will be surprised.

Guest phonebush

accord,

As I remember - - - in RI a little pond is a LITTLE pond?

Pickerd,

I do agree with Accord to this extent. The big fish (true older specimen) don't even really participate in the spawn. They are, to some degree, near the activity but only interested in eating. If you have any "larger" venues he's right.

Phone

Same thing in MA, I saw some pretty active spawning in a local pond...

IMGP5617.JPG