Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

Slimy

Our First Cag Goofy Online Contest!

Our first contest! :letsjam: This week's theme is Goofy Carp Fishing Pictures

Post a Goofy Picture taken while carp fishing, and a short description of the silliness! :bonk:

Pictures may be posted ‘til Friday July 1st, 8pm Eastern Time.

Voting for the best entry will begin Monday the 4th of July, Yayyyy! :thewave: …and will end Friday July 8th, 8pm Eastern Time.

Prizes for this contest will be:

For CAG Members: a CAG Shirt and CAG Patch. Be the first to sport one of the new CAG shirts and possess one of the new CAG patches, neither of which is yet available at a CAG Store near you!

For Non-Members or Forum Guests: Half off a One-Year Membership!!! …which will make you privy to information known only to our exclusive club of Carp Fishing Fanatics!!! :)

I will kick this contest off with my own submission (although I am not eligible for the prize …dang…!) :

So, after Tom sees me catch a couple of decent size carp he expresses his desire to catch one and asks me to rig up his line for carp fishing, so I do. :swimminfish:

I explain to Tom that he needs to loosen up his drag and keep a hand on his fishing rod because the fish are on the feed and could at any time take off with it.

Just as he starts joking about what he would do if that happened, off it went! Tom didn’t hesitate and jumped right in the river after his rod :lol: .

A happy Tom got his rod and still managed to land his fish! :)

post-3784-0-40755800-1308967393_thumb.jp

post-3784-0-71533000-1308967407_thumb.jp

can we enter more then one photo? what if something goofier happened to me between now an July 1st!

In the beginning, when I was first dating Jackie, my wonderful bride...we went all over and I wanted pictures of her with a fish,,,,,But Neil....they are Slimy, and thy won't stand still :lol: her face was priceless :lol: :lol:

post-710-0-41544100-1309053718_thumb.jpg

In the beginning, when I was first dating Jackie, my wonderful bride...we went all over and I wanted pictures of her with a fish,,,,,But Neil....they are Slimy, and thy won't stand still :lol: her face was priceless :lol: :lol:

:)

I will kick this contest off with my own submission (although I am not eligible for the prize …dang…!) :

So, after Tom sees me catch a couple of decent size carp he expresses his desire to catch one and asks me to rig up his line for carp fishing, so I do. :swimminfish:

I explain to Tom that he needs to loosen up his drag and keep a hand on his fishing rod because the fish are on the feed and could at any time take off with it.

Just as he starts joking about what he would do if that happened, off it went! Tom didn't hesitate and jumped right in the river after his rod :lol: .

A happy Tom got his rod and still managed to land his fish! :)

post-3784-0-40755800-1308967393_thumb.jp

post-3784-0-71533000-1308967407_thumb.jp

I love first picture :D

and even recognize a swim ;) looks like is not so deep in there???

great idea with this contest Dan !!!

270932_10150213521081367_588931366_7497782_3784514_n.jpg

Taken today. My son wanted nothing to do with touching it

Edited by Zatesta

270932_10150213521081367_588931366_7497782_3784514_n.jpg

Taken today. My son wanted nothing to do with touching it

Haha! Safely in dad's arms :lol:

I love first picture :D

and even recognize a swim ;) looks like is not so deep in there???

great idea with this contest Dan !!!

Thanks Paul :) Actually Andy's idea.

Yes that swim is well known. There is a drop off about 15 feet out and I was afraid Tom might fall into it.

... We all laughed so hard, including Tom. :lol:

Good one Neil!

Looks like the fish is not making it easy to avoid being slimed either :lol:

Guest carlymoomoo

I didn't have the heart to tell Neil we weren't turtle fishing.

post-5450-0-44558400-1309194990_thumb.jp

Edited by carlymoomoo

:lol::lol: awesome!! I've seen rods do the missle thing at that venue but never had a camera ready. :lol::P:)

My fist time trying to load pics hope it worked.

IMG_20110619_033437.jpg

When I want a power nap this is my pod.

twopic.jpg

I caught 15 carp on April 16 all less than 10# I was reeling in the first one and felt my pole jerk thought I may have bumped it. Happy to be wrong.

menboy.jpg

A family had come to the marina side because the saw the fish I was catching on the point across from the marina. After I caught the two carp I spoke with the woman that was asking about my fish, and she asked if her kids could come see them. I said yes and this little boy was petting my carp, so I asked him if he wanted to help me put it back in the water. His eyes lit up and he carefully picked up the fish and we took his picture. Then he littler brother wanted to "help" me with the other one. After we put the fish back in, I was questioned, and they brought out their 3 ft kiddy poles with liver. They did not stay very long but I think they had a great memory of holding a BIG fish.

Love the Pod :lol: and I guess the ALARMS is you screaming when the line burns thru your toes :o Funny stuff,,,,and welcome to the club,,,,,,Joshua ??? not far from Weatherford,,,,any good fish in there??? by good I mean mid 20's and up ,,,, :lol:

The pod goes every where I do, and they work well in the wind too. I would be in trouble if I hook a 20+

I didn't have the heart to tell Neil we weren't turtle fishing.

He certainly does look proud!

Is he signaling that he caught two or just giving you the peace sign :lol:

IMG_20110619_033437.jpg

twopic.jpg

I caught 15 carp on April 16 all less than 10# I was reeling in the first one and felt my pole jerk thought I may have bumped it. Happy to be wrong.

menboy.jpg

A family had come to the marina side because the saw the fish I was catching on the point across from the marina. After I caught the two carp I spoke with the woman that was asking about my fish, and she asked if her kids could come see them. I said yes and this little boy was petting my carp, so I asked him if he wanted to help me put it back in the water. His eyes lit up and he carefully picked up the fish and we took his picture. Then he littler brother wanted to "help" me with the other one. After we put the fish back in, I was questioned, and they brought out their 3 ft kiddy poles with liver. They did not stay very long but I think they had a great memory of holding a BIG fish.

Welcome to the forum and welcome aboard as a new member Ladylus2fish!!

Great pics! Awesome pod... and all it takes is nail polish to change the color of the indicators :lol::lol:

IMG_20110619_033437.jpg

twopic.jpg

menboy.jpg

Great post !!!

Great idea with "feet rod pod" ;)

next time while fishing with my wife I am going to use her feet as a rod pod ;)

welcome in CAG !!!

you just try that Paul, :lol: ,,,,use her feet as your pod,,,, :) ,,and after she Knocks your teeth out you can put em in a glass, wrap your main line around it and use it as a bite alarm :lol: :lol:

you just try that Paul, :lol: ,,,,use her feet as your pod,,,, :) ,,and after she Knocks your teeth out you can put em in a glass, wrap your main line around it and use it as a bite alarm :lol: :lol:

:D

:lol::yourock: