Carp Anglers Group Forums
Sign in to follow this  
buckeyeman

Flint Recap

Thanks to everyone that made it up to Flint yesterday. Also, a special thanks to Rich at Little Dipper for the donations to the event. Your continued support of the club is very much appreciated! The day started off pretty well with plenty of fish being caught in the morning. Flint produced yet another PB (22# for Austin's & Brendan's friend), unfortunately, before the official start of the event. (Please post your pics!!!). As the day (and heat) went on, the fishing slowed, but never entirely shut down. It ended up being a very enjoyable afternoon with plenty of shade to sit under, some great mulberrys to eat, and the occasional screamer...

We decided to offer the three main prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for biggest fish caught with no individual allowed to win more than one prize. This ended up being pretty fun as the day progressed. Daniel ended up taking 1st with a new Bivvy and, of course, the coveted gold Carp pin. Great job Daniel!!! Andy ended up finishing 2nd with the Buck Hartsook neck knife (of course you knew I would have a knife :-), and Bill ended finishing 3rd, and took home a very nice new net donated by Rich at the Little Dipper.

Thanks again everyone !!!

Mark

Edited by buckeyeman

i would also like to thank rich for his continued support of the club and his donations,rich i like the net very much! it was a fun day although the fishing was on the slow side.it was good to see the members who came,bill wazelle

i would also like to thank rich for his continued support of the club and his donations,rich i like the net very much! it was a fun day although the fishing was on the slow side.it was good to see the members who came,bill wazelle

Heheh you are lucky that it was you that whant that net :P because at the end i change my mind about it :P but when mark told me that bill got the Net i say let him have it :P

Yep thx Mark for hosting this great event with great prices

Edited by Daniel

Nice job guys! what was the big fish that took the gold pin?

Nice job guys! what was the big fish that took the gold pin?

12.14 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I got that fish like 10:05 5min after all start it :P and i was stiing on the bank for the whole day and telling my self ther is now way i can win this with that fish even andy told me the same :P i told him if i win i am going for a swim and i did :P i was helf wet any ways since andy idea was to cross the water to go point #7 :P at 3pm :P after i got this nice run up ther when i got my bait boat into action :P

Edited by Daniel

Rich-thanks again for your continued support of CAG!!!! I know that those of us close to the club appreciate it so much!

Mark-Great job on the fish in, everyone had a great time of it by the sounds of it.

Daniel-Great job winning your first pin.

Had a great time fishing this event.

Mark did an awesome job with everything and I loved the first through third format and would vote to have that at all our Fish-ins :)

Congrats Daniel on winning the Gold pin!!! I know we fished hard and your first place was well deserved.

I had a rough session with going 5 for 12 due to the dang snags ~8

At around 3pm I decided to cross the river to get to peg #7 and convinced Daniel to do the same :lol: We were up to our stomach crossing over with light gear and once over there we had a managed to land 3 fish and loose another to the snags...tough area to fish on the river, but very cool.

I wish I could have seen everyone else to BS and catch up....next time fellas.

Daniel,

i'll throw the pic of you and the pin up later today.

Tight lines all

Sounds like those fish were kicking your butt Andy! :lol:

I like that 1st through 3rd place idea, mind if we borrow it for here in Texas :P

great job gents

HAHA suckers :P you got own by newbie see you next time

Edited by Daniel