Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

FJR1

Wccl 3Rd Weekend -- July 16-17 At Montrose Outer Harbor (Lakeside).

Is the venue on Saturday and Sunday at the outside of the actual harbor or is it at the "fish-hook"? Thanks.

Sorry guys, got a head cold from all the running around I've done the last 6 weeks and new students at work so I've been busy. I've also been busy preparing corn to bait the venue. I'll be putting in about 80lbs. of boiled field corn. I'll put 2 scoops in each peg for the next 3 evenings. Since the venue is all cement, I'll be marking pegs on the cement with chalk or something to show where they are. I've had some interest in this venue from area carpers as this is one of the venues for the upcoming CCC. :) Those you haven't been here or read some of my posts, It's an amazingly CLEAR venue. I dropped a penny in 8 ft of water and saw it landed heads up. I believe it makes the fish more leary of their surroundings. On that note, I fish as small as I can get away with. Size 8/10 hooks, small feeders(I prefer flat) and maybe even flouro hooklinks(still debating in my head). I will have an extra bucket of the field corn I've prepared as chum for anyone to try at the main table where I'm at generally. There isn't any current but to and fro flow depending on how strong the wind is going to get. The wave action can get strong enough to move less than 3ounces so have a couple of heavy ones with you just in case. Any questions ,feel free to ask. I'll do what I can to get you an answer. See you this weekend. later ;)

It's all the way around . Not the near side where we fish in the harbor, outside. When you make the right turn at the red building(bait shop), go just past the hot dog stand around where the outhouse is and park(free yea!). This venue is probably the largest general fishing area in Chicago. Perch season is closed for the month of July so this should curtail most but it may get crowded(sorry John can't help it). I'll have the banner up early for anyone to see us. It's also supposed to be HOTTER THAN HADES this weekend so it might be a good idea to bring a towel and extra shorts to swim in. There are ladders to the water every 100 ft or so in and out will be easy(I'm getting wet head cold or not). This venue is about 3/4 of a mile long so we''ll have space just hopefully not too spread out. We'll have to go with the flow. later

Edited by CHIBIGTEE

Thanks, Tracy, for the info. The wedding I am attending Saturday isn't until late afternoon, so I am hoping to attend at least until 11:00 on Saturday.--Frank

So, is there any shade at all at this venue or somewhere to stake in a brolly or BFS umbrella? Sunday's forecast sounds brutal!

So, is there any shade at all at this venue or somewhere to stake in a brolly or BFS umbrella? Sunday's forecast sounds brutal!

;)

post-3784-0-12971900-1310700753_thumb.jp

;)

post-3784-0-12971900-1310700753_thumb.jp

:lol: That's what I thought.

The first day of our outer Montrose Harbor WCCL weekend resulted in a tough bite. Tracy J. took big fish honors with a 14. Larry S. had high total weight with about 20 pounds (10.5 and 9.5), and Skip O. pulled in a nine pounder. Hopefully, the 90+ degrees coming today and all the feeding and no biting yesterday will produce better totals for all of us. Good luck!

The outer Montrose venue offered a tough bite in extremely warm conditions on July 16 and 17. Chibigtee will provide details soon. Larry S. (911carp) took the total weight pot both days and moved into the league lead followed by Tracy Jourdan (Chibigtee) and Dan Ramir (Slimy). Tracy Jourdan had big fish on Saturday (14-0), and Frank Rink caught the big fish on Sunday (15-5). We welcomed Jason Towne to the league.

Up-to-date Windy City Carp League standings and event results are here!

Larry S. would have swept all the "pots" had it not been for some last minute lucky catches for big fish. Larry's bite really got hot when that dude came by with the urn and dumped his dead father into Larry's swim. Huge!

Larry's bite really got hot when that dude came by with the urn and dumped his dead father into Larry's swim. Huge!

:lol: :lol: a new ingredient for ground bait! :lol:

Well we have all, at one time or another, seen or heard about it happening!

With literally under one minute left in the tournament, Frank Rink's alarm goes off!

Now Tracy (tournament director) is holding up and watching the clock on his cell phone and everyone is screaming for Frank! :o Frank had gone to his car to store some gear and was now making the mad dash back across the grass, down the four, four foot high concrete tiers of rocks back to his rods!!! :lol:

Frank picked up his rod and set the hook and seconds later Tracy blows the whistle marking the end of the contest! Frank now had 15 minutes to land this fish.

Not only did Frank land the fish but it turned out to be the largest fish of the weekend :thewave: , stealing the big fish pot from Larry.

Larry BTW, had an awesome weekend taking the most weight for both days!

Congratulations Frankie!!!

post-3784-0-45724000-1311106027_thumb.jp

Some pictures form the WCCL this past weekend...

Sweet home Chicago

post-3784-0-33996200-1311106225_thumb.jp

Tracy worked hard for this fish!

post-3784-0-98794500-1311106279_thumb.jppost-3784-0-57480900-1311106314_thumb.jp

Andy had help from his friend (who looked just like Jack Nicholson :lol: !)

post-3784-0-30762300-1311106335_thumb.jppost-3784-0-14908200-1311106435_thumb.jp

Jason"s debut in the WCCL showed some fish catching talent

post-3784-0-06274600-1311106360_thumb.jp post-3784-0-90920300-1311106479_thumb.jp

Frank and Larry taking a break from all that action!

post-3784-0-22926900-1311106393_thumb.jp

Well we have all, at one time or another, seen or heard about it happening!

With literally under one minute left in the tournament, Frank Rink's alarm goes off!

Now Tracy (tournament director) is holding up and watching the clock on his cell phone and everyone is screaming for Frank! :o Frank had gone to his car to store some gear and was now making the mad dash back across the grass, down the four, four foot high concrete tiers of rocks back to his rods!!! :lol:

Frank picked up his rod and set the hook and seconds later Tracy blows the whistle marking the end of the contest! Frank now had 15 minutes to land this fish.

Not only did Frank land the fish but it turned out to be the largest fish of the weekend :thewave: , stealing the big fish pot from Larry.

Larry BTW, had an awesome weekend taking the most weight for both days!

Congratulations Frankie!!!

post-3784-0-45724000-1311106027_thumb.jp

Thanks, Dan. Larry had that guy's father's ashes for good luck. Once Dan's daughter, Fulbright Scholar Rachel Ramir, came to the venue in the late afternoon, I had two nice runs, which hadn't happened since 10:00 a.m. Thanks, Rachel, for the good luck, and best of luck to you during your Fulbright exchange program in Colombia.--Frank

By the way fellow carpers, im looking to spend my weekend winnings on a larger pod. The small one i have doesnt work well with the longer rods. So if anyone is selling one please lt me know. Larry.

Thanks, Dan. Larry had that guy's father's ashes for good luck. Once Dan's daughter, Fulbright Scholar Rachel Ramir, came to the venue in the late afternoon, I had two nice runs, which hadn't happened since 10:00 a.m. Thanks, Rachel, for the good luck, and best of luck to you during your Fulbright exchange program in Colombia.--Frank

Thanks Frank, I will pass that on :)

Larry will be tough to beat. Good luck to all at Diversey on August 20-21.

post-1929-0-34546500-1311197171_thumb.jp

LMAO trans-vest-ite

LOL!

Actually Mike, you could have made a come back last weekend. ;)

Some pictures form the WCCL this past weekend...

Sweet home Chicago

post-3784-0-33996200-1311106225_thumb.jp

Tracy worked hard for this fish!

post-3784-0-98794500-1311106279_thumb.jppost-3784-0-57480900-1311106314_thumb.jp

Andy had help from his friend (who looked just like Jack Nicholson :lol: !)

post-3784-0-30762300-1311106335_thumb.jppost-3784-0-14908200-1311106435_thumb.jp

Jason"s debut in the WCCL showed some fish catching talent

post-3784-0-06274600-1311106360_thumb.jp post-3784-0-90920300-1311106479_thumb.jp

Frank and Larry taking a break from all that action!

post-3784-0-22926900-1311106393_thumb.jp

Nice pics Dan!!!!!

Mike you blew your chance by not showing up this weekend, And Dan, Your still in it!

I had to work on saturday that weekend and sunday i spent with the family. No big deal. Hey I can't win league every year :D winning it two out of first 4 years is pretty good if you ask me ;)