We had 36 kids who caught a carp this year. This was the very first carp they caught for the great majority of them. I don't know how many kids participated in addition of those lucky 36, but I'd venture to guess we had a total of 60 or so.
Many thanks for the mentors who took time to take those kids fishing, namely:
- Michael Turpin, aka Mike T (VA)
- Rick Cox, aka River Rick (OH)
- Monty Mittleman, aka CartoonCarp and Jim McKee (IL)
- Bill Markle, aka carphd (NYS)
- Mike & Mike, Iain, Eric and myself (MA)
- Willem van Schalkwyk, aka JD (TN)
- Carl Saucier, aka Indyk (QC)
- Jeff Smith, ala Cubzzz (CA)
I will readily admit that I was hoping for much more widespread participation this year, but well, 36 kids succeeding to catch a carp across 8 locations, can't complain, we had good luck and talented mentors!
And luckily enough, we had 38 prizes for 36 winners. I went through a random prize draw, and we're in the process of delivering prizes to winners. Ahem, a tad complicated, but we'll get there.
Finally, a BIG thanks for the various sponsors and donors:
- Resistance Tackle,
- Saxon Tackle
- Canadian Carp Club
- New World Carp
- CAG itself (free memberships)
- Willem van Schalkwyk
- Rachel Kinsler
- Neil Stern
- Craig Vandemark
- Rod Mills
- Jerry Brown
Bottomline: 36 new carpers and lots of big smiles.
Edited by Jerome, 14 July 2011 - 09:14 AM.