Carp Anglers Group Forums
  • Announcements

CHIBIGTEE

Windy City Carp League Rd. 4 Info

It was brought to my attention that the Chicago Air and Water Show is the same weekend as our match. With roughly 1 million people going to the lake front(yes, that many!), We will be fishing back on the river. August 20/21, We will be fishing 2900 S. Ashland(Sun-Times plant). Don't worry, We'll still be able to see the planes. :rolleyes::lol::) later

Good move Tracy, im going to try to drag Tony C. with me to fish the 20th and 21st. Hope to see everyone there! :)

Good strategy, Larry! Fill up the pegs with Tony and Carpbowl and any other anglers who aren't in the league anymore. You decrease the statistical chances for any of us still in the league to get a decent peg, and you increase your chances to maintain that big lead in both total weight and big 5. Thanks, a lot! That vest is yours! :angry2::lol: See you in 10 days.

You have a point Frank, Im going to see if any of the neighborhood fishermen want to come carp fishing on the 20th and 21st. Wife and grand daughter too! :thewave::D

You have a point Frank, Im going to see if any of the neighborhood fishermen want to come carp fishing on the 20th and 21st. Wife and grand daughter too! :thewave::D

Yep. Over, boyz!

51731471.jpg

Im out for the 20and 21st im going to the air show! ;)

I'm going to the air show, too, but I'll be watching it from Ashland.Sun-Times. :lol::o Since you didn't participate at Montrose, you can get in for daily weight/daily big fish money. Skeered! You'll be there, especially if you get bellied up by teenagers at Montgomery.

As we move into the August and September sessions of the Windy City Carp League, I want to keep the WCCL 2011 website as accurate as possible in regard to who is eligible for end-of-series awards.

Unfortunately, not all of the 16-18 anglers who have fished the 2011 Windy City Carp League have kept up with their fees ($20 per weekend/$100 for the five weekend series). To my knowledge, only the anglers whose names that follow have paid their fees to date and are eligible for end-of-series awards. Let me know should corrections be required.

Those currently up-to-date with fees (to my knowledge): Andy Burnagiel, Tracy Jourdan, Dan Ramir, Frank Rink, Larry Seeman, Marcin Szydlowski, Paul Wells.

I would suggest that, should the league be held in 2012, all anglers pay the $100 entry fee up-front (or establish a pay-as-you-go plan with Tracy). If the entry fee is not paid, then participation is not allowed (including participation in the daily total weight and big fish contests). --Frank

WCCL website here!

wccl_banner_2011.jpg

Good idea Frank, at least we would know were we stand. If i enter a tourneyment that cost me 100.00 and if i win, and end up with 125.00, is it really worth it? Just rather enter daily total weight and big fish pots.

Another thing the WCCL Championship weekend is the same day as the Nascar race in Joliet, so dont think i can make them both.

Good idea Frank, at least we would know were we stand. If i enter a tourneyment that cost me 100.00 and if i win, and end up with 125.00, is it really worth it? Just rather enter daily total weight and big fish pots.

That's why I think future participants need to pay the $20 per weekend rather than choosing to not pay and just enter the total weight/big fish pots: (1) It will entice them to stay in the league for the duration. (2) It will build the prize package to reward those who finish at or near the top of the league. --Frank

Another thing the WCCL Championship weekend is the same day as the Nascar race in Joliet, so dont think i can make them both.

The WCCL Championship weekend also falls on the same day as the Hoosier Carpers Tournament Trail event at Elkhart, IN on September 17, so I think I'll be in Indiana on Saturday and Illinois on Sunday.

Well, it's on to the Chicago River on Ashland Avenue this weekend for the WCCL. We got relocated due to the Air and Water Show, but I actually like the new venue better. I think there is a better chance for all people to catch fish, and that always makes it more fun, despite the fact that it is a contest.

Larry Seeman has a commanding lead in the series, and, at Ashland, has a great chance to hold it. He also holds the Big 5 lead. I'm considering donating $ for a prize for Big 5: a nice pair of leather pants to go with that champion's vest that Larry will win. :o

The weather forecast, so far, calls for highs in the low 80's with an isolated chance for rain on Sunday. Good luck to all.--Frank

Click here for WCCL details!

post-3265-0-85836700-1303765642.jpg

:lol: Good one Frank, But it isn't over yet. Think my I lost my horeshoe. After ottawa and Montomery, im sliding down hill fast.

Just so those leather pants can be taken in to your size :bigsmile:

Il hold off selling my Harley until late September

Everyone attending the Ashland event on saturday and sunday, let me know if you want hot dogs, and such for lunch and il bring them along with the grill. Dont want to carry all this extra stuff if i dont have to :rolleyes:

Everyone attending the Ashland event on saturday and sunday, let me know if you want hot dogs, and such for lunch and il bring them along with the grill. Dont want to carry all this extra stuff if i dont have to :rolleyes:

Larry--That's a great idea. I'm in. Let me know if you want me to bring anything. Thanks.--Frank

Looks like the rest of us will be trying for 2nd and 3rd ;)

...Count me in on the dogs Larry!

No problem Dan. I just like to know, so i dont bring to much or to little, see you this weekend :knifefork:

It isnt over till September :P

Edited by 911carp

LOL, I havent seen Frank post anything all day :o . Maybe CAG suspended his account for posting those photo's. Dont get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with that if you like that kind of thing :P

Edited by 911carp

LOL, I havent seen Frank post anything all day :o . Maybe CAG suspended his account for posting those photo's. Dont get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with that if you like that kind of thing :P

Just preparing my "secret" bait for the big session at Ashland this weekend. :lol: No time to post additional accoutrements that might work with your championship garb. :D.